ADT-1 for XBMC
Ok, i understand! Thank you.
(2014-07-07, 06:45)manelscout4life Wrote: Kentoe would you be able to post up the Google Cast Receiver APK and/or build.prop.

Have any idea of what that would be named? The Google Cast reciever APK?

I found these two APKs: AndroidMediaShell.apk and AtvRemoteService.apk

(2014-07-07, 09:09)titooo Wrote: Would you mind to share the Netflix apk that comes with the device?

Thank you in advance

Just PMed you the netflix apk link

(2014-07-07, 22:05)Tinwarble Wrote: I'd like to have the Netflix app too, if you don't mind, to see if it works with the AFTV.

The Netflix "Ninja" version is up on Play Store, but it appears that you have to have an Android TV device (or possibly a Google TV device) to download it.

PMed you
would also love that netflix version, can you pm the link? ill upload it somewhere for anyone who wants it, also any luck on using the build prop to get some of the apps specifically designed for this box?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
kentoe your good willing is really appreciated. Thank you

The Netflix app doesn't appear in the app drawer so I had to launch it with nova activities.
When I try to launch it it makes FC. It could be because one file called libnetflix.so is missing (that's what logcat says).
I guess that file is located in system/lib. Could you upload it?

And could you also check if there are any other files with the word netflix in system/framework and system/etc/permissions?

I guess you are not allowed to post more files in public neither a system dump. Am I wrong?
Double post
Assuming Kentoe is the gentleman I interacted with on Google plus, I am happy to report that XBMC apk he provided runs very well on the ADT-1. I am very new to XBMC and if you guys would like me to try some features out, I'd be glad to and report back with the results. However, you may have to help me out with a guide on how to test those features.
(2014-07-11, 16:18)veereshai Wrote: Assuming Kentoe is the gentleman I interacted with on Google plus, I am happy to report that XBMC apk he provided runs very well on the ADT-1. I am very new to XBMC and if you guys would like me to try some features out, I'd be glad to and report back with the results. However, you may have to help me out with a guide on how to test those features.
Would you mind to upload the file libnetflix.so from your ADT-1?

After decompiling the netflix apk that kentoe sent me I can see that the app is missing that file and also can´t run because I´m root Smile Maybe with that file and unrooting my device we could make ir work in more android devices Smile (and maybe a bit of code editing as well)
you could try installing xposed and using root cloak module to avoid apps detecting you have root access?

edit: unless you are using ART, xposed doesn't work with ART.
(2014-07-11, 16:18)veereshai Wrote: Assuming Kentoe is the gentleman I interacted with on Google plus, I am happy to report that XBMC apk he provided runs very well on the ADT-1. I am very new to XBMC and if you guys would like me to try some features out, I'd be glad to and report back with the results. However, you may have to help me out with a guide on how to test those features.

Glad it's working! Smile
Sorry for the offtopic but I know more than one might find this useful. I managed to get some ADT-1 files thanks to a nice guy so here I am sharing a bit:

Netflix app 1.0 build 91 of the ADT-1 (the one included in the rom of the device was the version 1.0 build 90. This one is newer and it´ss from play store)

Here it´s just the apk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vyo6smaaxpn9s...inja-1.apk
Here a flashable zip that includes some libs, which at least in my case helped to reduce the number of warnings and errors in logcat in my phone:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlvrxijhmax2qi...signed.zip

I tested it on my X8-H and my Note 2 and it didn´t work. ZHowever I think that the messages in logcat look promisiong and it was just showing two warnings so it might not be not too complicated to port it.
If you want to try please bear in mind that the app won´t appear in the app drawer, so you have to launch it with Nova launcher > long press > shortcuts > activities.
Hello Kentoe,

Would you mind sharing the XBMC APK? and a guide to sideloading on the ADT-1

Cheers Rob.
I would also be interested in an XBMC APK that has the modified manifest to show up properly on Android TV (ADT-1).
Kentoe (or anyone else), can you provide that somewhere?
How does it behanve with HDD's?
I also have an ADT-1 that I requested from Google. I intend to create some small apps. I would like to test XBMC on this device. It must run beautifully. Kentoe, would you be so kind and provide with some guidance on how to get XBMC on the ADT-1?
I figured it out! I did as Kentoe said. I decompiled the apk, made the changes to the AndroidManifesto.xml, recompiled, signed it and side-loaded the app. I am a happy camper! XBMC is pretty snappy on the ADT-1. I will keep testing...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ADT-1 for XBMC2