[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-09-23, 16:29)DBMandrake Wrote: Is there some way to disable XBMC's internally generated bonjour Airplay announcements whilst still leaving the Airplay service enabled, so that custom external annoucements can be sent with dns-sd for testing without clashing with the built in ones ? (In particular with the iOS 7 periodic update hack)

I'm seeing some unusual behaviour that looks like a tug of war between the two competing announcements (the name sometimes changes back and forth etc) so I'd like to try some fully custom announcements on their own without the built in ones interfering and confusing the issue.

Specifying the same port number as the real service (36667 instead of 7000) works a bit better:

Code:
dns-sd -R ITSUPPORT _airplay._tcp local 36667 deviceid=74D4355700E5 features=0x100029FF model=AppleTV3,1 pw=0 rmodel=PC1,1 srcvers=150.33
Just tried a variation of the above line (appropriate host name and MAC address) on my Mac Mini at home and it worked straight away on Mac OS too.

Before hand the Mac was displayed as an audio only device for 10 seconds then displayed as a video device (as before with iOS 7) however attempts to Airplay video would only send Audio.

After running the above it was immediately seen as a video device and in fact the 10 second period after turning on wifi of being detected as only an audio device is eliminated as well - it shows up immediately and always as a video device.

There is still a minor conflict between the two sets of announcements though that causes the occasional attempt to connect to fail while the name is changing from one to the other. (But it then works when retrying the connection)

Memphiz: Is it possible to get a build of XBMC to test with the built in Airplay announcements disabled so I can do further investigation and testing ? Or if you can tell me a simple code change to apply I am able to compile Gotham for both Mac and Windows. (I don't think I have suitable build environments for Helix though)
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by DBMandrake - 2014-09-23, 21:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1