• 17(current)
Release Audio Profiles - Easy switch between different audio settings
(2017-08-08, 14:15)quatschou Wrote: @faser, look at my last post, adding these lines to service.py should solve your problem ...

Many thanks, it's somehow not working anymore after I added the lines. But now I have the concept and can dig myself a bit more.
Another big gratitude for this add-on.
Managed to bind a short key in 10 minutes!

Wetek Play 2
Profile 1: Full-blown 5.1 theater pass-through via HDMI , CEC-wake up receiver
Profile 2: Bluetooth PulseAudio analog to my JBL Everest 100 BT-headphones, CEC-standby receiver

Like a charm!
Thanks for this add-on. It was driving me crazy where I had to switch between Direct/WASAPI to play 44.1 KHZ audio on windows HTPC. With this, I could switch seamlessly with a key press.
Got a request:
I'd love the add-on to auto-load profile on incoming AirPlay stream (LibreELEC).

I've got "Auto load profile for Music" enabled (profile should also wake my receiver), but AirPlay playback doesn't fall under it - I don't get a notification with a profile name.
Hi,
I came here to thank the author for this great addon!

I have a suggestion and a question too :-)

Question:
Would this addon be able to autoswitch profiles, IF a Bluetooth Headphone is connected to OpenElec/Kodi ?
I'm wondering, because it would be very convenient, to just turn on the headphones and Kodi will switch the profile for me :-)

Suggestion:
Can we have an option to only show the Notifications on what Profile is loaded/active, ONLY, when the profile changes?

Say,
in the Settings Audio Profile -> General

[x] Notifications
[x] only when profile is changed

Not Active: would show the Notification "<profilename>", for every started video/movie/song, etc. That is the behaviour right now.

Active would only show the Notification "<profilename>", when the profile differs from the last profile choosen.

So, if I start a movie and profile1 is automaticly chosen, I get a Notification.
Then, I start another movie, and no notification is shown, because I'm already on profile1
(2017-10-12, 22:43)xbozz Wrote: Question:
Would this addon be able to autoswitch profiles, IF a Bluetooth Headphone is connected to OpenElec/Kodi ?
I'm wondering, because it would be very convenient, to just turn on the headphones and Kodi will switch the profile for me :-)

I have that working in libreelec, I imagine it would work in openelec too.  Thread here - read it and you'll know as much as me, I set this up a year or so ago and promptly forgot the details.
Thanks, will check.

Meanwhile another questoin, which I did not found in the 17pages of this Thread:

(2014-07-17, 08:34)Regss Wrote: Kodi 17 Estuary:
Instruction - post #3
Can we have the very useful button on the AudioOSD in the docs/post#3 too?

I figured it out myself, but it might be of help to find it in the first posts, not somewhere inbetween:

go to MusicOSD.xml
find line
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="620">
and replace it with
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="70042">
    <include content="OSDButton">
        <param name="texture" value="audio_profiles.png"/>
    </include>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.audio.profiles,0)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="radiobutton" id="620">
(This is for Kodi 17.x Estuary)
(2017-09-15, 08:39)i3laze Wrote: Got a request:
I'd love the add-on to auto-load profile on  incoming AirPlay stream (LibreELEC).

I've got "Auto load profile for Music" enabled (profile should also wake my receiver), but AirPlay playback doesn't fall under it - I don't get a notification with a profile name.

I'd like to echo the request for AirPlay support.

I just found out about this plug in and it looks ideal (except for AirPlay support) for what I'm trying to do. I'm running an RPi2 with OSMC. I would love to be able to add a HifiBerry AMP2 and route any music through the HifiBerry and all the audio coming from video sources through the HDMI. I'm guessing this should be possible with this plugin?
Im not sure i follow how to make it so on a keypress a certain profile could be triggered via the keymap code i think? Can anyone elaborate on how this would work?

I ask because now for some reason the autoprofile switch no longer seems to work with my kodi 17.x setup.. i was thinking i'd try making it so a keypress (actually via harmony remote in the end) would trigger it.
For me works also with kodi 18

Btw try

Code:
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="101">activatewindow(favourites)</key><key id="24">runscript(script.audio.profiles,0)</key><key id="232">reboot</key><key id="251">playerdebug</key>
</keyboard></global><FullscreenVideo><remote>
<zero>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(0))</zero>
<one>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(10))</one> 
<two>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(20))</two>
<three>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(30))</three>
<four>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(40))</four>
<five>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(50))</five>
<six>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(60))</six>
<seven>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(70))</seven>
<eight>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(80))</eight>
<nine>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(90))</nine></remote></FullscreenVideo></keymap>
(2017-03-18, 09:28)bugpics Wrote: Hello,

In kodi 17 i have this error message in kodi.log
Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'DIALOG'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/bugpics/.kodi/addons/script.audio.profiles/default.py", line 265, in <module>
PROFILES()
File "/home/bugpics/.kodi/addons/script.audio.profiles/default.py", line 51, in __init__
self.start(mode)
File "/home/bugpics/.kodi/addons/script.audio.profiles/default.py", line 62, in start
self.save()
File "/home/bugpics/.kodi/addons/script.audio.profiles/default.py", line 100, in save
ret = dialog.DIALOG().start('script-audio-profiles-menu.xml', labels={10071: ADDON_LANG(32100)}, buttons=enabledProfiles[1], list=10070)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DIALOG'
Could you help me ?

I was able to fix this on my system. Default.py has a line that says import dialog that should import the dialog.py that is in resources/lib, but instead imports it from python-dialog on the system. To fix it I renamed the included dialog.py to dialog2.py, and changed default.py to read as import dialog2 as dialog

Not the cleanest workaround, but it works.
Hello,

In my case all movies are played from local storage. When playing movie trailers which stream from YouTube, the volume is low which needs to be increased. The issue is if I increase the volume and set to default for all media, it increases for videos too. I'm trying to increase volume for trailers only, so they are the same as movies. The addon sees the movies and trailers both as videos when I have the profile for videos autoload. Is this a bug or is it not possible for this addon to differentiate between the two?

Thank you for the development!
I installed this Addon and yould like to »Easy switch between different audio settings«. Can anybody explain how to do this? I believe, it is not at all easy. There is a shot text which seems to explain it, and this text could be for me not more dificult to understand if it where in chinese. Shortly: I don’t understand what to do. I can save the audio profiles and that’s it. But is this all?
(2018-07-12, 19:28)Auerhahn Wrote: I installed this Addon and yould like to »Easy switch between different audio settings«. Can anybody explain how to do this? I believe, it is not at all easy. There is a shot text which seems to explain it, and this text could be for me not more dificult to understand if it where in chinese. Shortly: I don’t understand what to do. I can save the audio profiles and that’s it. But is this all?
 first post of this discussion
I'm trying to use this great add-on to change my audio and video settings when switching between the netbook screen and my tv.
The audio settings work correctly, but the video settings seem not to change. Looking at the log file, the following messages are shown:

18:04:02.178 T:139980587988736  NOTICE: ..::Audio Profiles::.. [RESTORING SETTING]: Normal
18:04:02.225 T:139980587988736   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoscreen.monitor", "value": Default}, "id": 1}'
18:04:02.226 T:139980587988736   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "lookandfeel.soundskin", "value": resource.uisounds.kodi}, "id": 1}'
18:04:02.235 T:139980587988736   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoscreen.screenmode", "value": DESKTOP}, "id": 1}'

I'm running Libreelec with Kodi 17.6
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles - Easy switch between different audio settings3