• 39(current)
Release TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
Yes I had problems since at least the 7th July with artwork using metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org-3.5.13
I'm using OSMC with Kodi 18 but I only use that box for 4k tv shows so adding new shows is not that common. 

I didn't notice initially because on the 7th it was Black Summer I added and it downloaded a banner image for the poster, which I though was odd but didn't investigate. 
Yesterday I added another TV show, Clarkson's Farm, and got no artwork at all so I went investigating. On the TMDB site there is artwork.

I switched the scraper for just those two shows to TMDB TV Show scraper (python) and it pulled down posters and other artwork for both Black Summer and Clarkson's Farm.

I chose another show still using metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org-3.5.13 and looked under Choose Art for alternative posters, and it displayed them, then I did a refresh on that show and the poster was removed and under Choose Art nothing was available.

So I switched my default TV scraper to TMDB TV Show scraper (python) and even though rescraping every tv show took longer than I would have expected every show eventually had artwork and metadata.

If I had to guess I'd say that whatever API layout changes were made that affected metadata.common.themoviedb.org is also affecting metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org but not metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python
@Karellen 

a season title problem that I' not sure is from TMDB scraper, hope you can help me: 
for example of NETFLIX's "Stranger Things".
current season title (KODI 19.1 and get nfo from TMDB scraper)
Stranger Things2
Stranger Things3
season1

Before season title (KODI 18.0 and get nfo from TVDB scraper) 
season1
season2
season3

Current season title confuse me the season order, I have no idea it is about scraper or KODI?
But I'm sure my nfo file does not include any season title string inside, then load nfo file into KODI's library.
If it is about TMDB scraper, does it have any switch to turn off and just use KODI's default season title definition?
Thank you.
(2021-07-24, 04:25)adsi Wrote: Stranger Things2
Stranger Things3
season1
If you look at this page, you can see the seasons have been named that way, so that is what Kodi scrapes... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/66732-stra...gs/seasons
(though personally I don't think seasons should be named that way. It should only be used for official season names, not made up ones like in this instance.)

If you check your tvshow.nfo, you will see the following tags. Just delete them (or change them to whatever you perefer) and refresh the show
xml:
<namedseason number="1"></namedseason>
<namedseason number="2"></namedseason>
<namedseason number="3"></namedseason>
<namedseason number="4"></namedseason>
<namedseason number="5"></namedseason>

Alternatively you can rename them in Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen 

thanks for your reply, I indeed cannot find the tags of <namedseason...></namedseason> in my nfo file.
But I think I found the problem that is my nfo file is output by TVDB scraper instead of TMDB.

Here is my trial run :
1. load tvshow.nfo(TVDB) into KODI library, then delete tvshow.nfo(TVDB) and output a new tvshow.nfo(TMDB) due to use TMDB as defaul scraper, 
now tvshow.nfo(TMDB) finally got the tags of <namedseason...></namedseason>, next to delete the tags of it and fresh the show,
unfortunately it still show season title of Stranger Things2, Stranger Things3.  

2. Delete the show from library first, then delete tvshow.nfo(TMDB), now library is no longer exist any about this show, 
now scrape this tvshow by TMDB scraper and output tvshow.nfo. then delete tags of <namedseason..></namedseason>, 
next load tvshow.nfo into library, it finally show season1, season2, season3.

Conclusion:
tvshow.nfo(TVDB) cannot be used for TMDB scraper, it will use TMDB's website season title to replace it even though tvshow.nfo(TVDB) do not have tags of <namedseason..></namedseason>.
Only tvshow.nfo which generated by TMDB scraper can show default season title rule under delete tags of <namedseason..></namedseason>, tvshow(TVDB) is useless.
(2021-07-24, 18:37)adsi Wrote: tvshow.nfo(TVDB) cannot be used for TMDB scraper
Can you post the contents of your tvshow.nfo file to Kodi Paste Site and I might be able to see why kodi does not like it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-07-24, 22:20)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-07-24, 18:37)adsi Wrote: tvshow.nfo(TVDB) cannot be used for TMDB scraper
Can you post the contents of your tvshow.nfo file to Kodi Paste Site and I might be able to see why kodi does not like it.

@Karellen 
Here is my tvshow.nfo content of stranger thing 
PS. nfo file includes some traditional chinese(TW) I modified (only title, outline, plot), but it should be not problem cause I use it on KODI 16~18 with TVDB scraper for several years.
(2021-07-25, 04:42)adsi Wrote: Here is my tvshow.nfo content of stranger thing 
Thanks.

Hmmm... What software did you use to create these nfo files? They are not fully Kodi compatible.

There are tags in the file that Kodi does not use
The <episodeguide> tag is using v1 API, but Kodi has not used that for 3+ years. It uses v2/v3 API
Rating tags are wrong
There is no UniqueID which can break your library.
Also because you have the TVDB <episodeguide>, then you need to have the TVDB scraper active.

If all your nfo files are like this, I strongly urge you to delete them.
My Signature
(2021-07-25, 04:55)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-07-25, 04:42)adsi Wrote: Here is my tvshow.nfo content of stranger thing 
Thanks.

Hmmm... What software did you use to create these nfo files? They are not fully Kodi compatible.

There are tags in the file that Kodi does not use
The <episodeguide> tag is using v1 API, but Kodi has not used that for 3+ years. It uses v2/v3 API
Rating tags are wrong
There is no UniqueID which can break your library.
Also because you have the TVDB <episodeguide>, then you need to have the TVDB scraper active.

If all your nfo files are like this, I strongly urge you to delete them.
My nfo file is generated by KODI with TVDB scraper (KODI\SETTING\MEDIA\LIBRARY\EXPORT LIBRARY)
It is bad news to delete all tvshow.nfo which generated by TVDB scraper...
(2021-07-25, 05:09)adsi Wrote: My nfo file is generated by KODI with TVDB scraper (KODI\SETTING\MEDIA\LIBRARY\EXPORT LIBRARY)
Really? That is strange as it does not look like a Kodi generated nfo file. A lot of the tags are in the wrong order, missing information, wrong tags.
Did you create these with an old version of Kodi?

But it is best if you rescrape and not use your nfo files.

(2021-07-25, 05:09)adsi Wrote: It is bad news to delete all tvshow.nfo which generated by TVDB scraper...
You can still use the TVDB scraper if you like.
There are two versions - an XML version and a Python version... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363391
Or you can wait for TVDB to release their new scraper, but we don't know when that is coming.
My Signature
(2021-07-25, 05:31)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-07-25, 05:09)adsi Wrote: My nfo file is generated by KODI with TVDB scraper (KODI\SETTING\MEDIA\LIBRARY\EXPORT LIBRARY)
Really? That is strange as it does not look like a Kodi generated nfo file. A lot of the tags are in the wrong order, missing information, wrong tags.
Did you create these with an old version of Kodi?

But it is best if you rescrape and not use your nfo files.
(2021-07-25, 05:09)adsi Wrote: It is bad news to delete all tvshow.nfo which generated by TVDB scraper...
You can still use the TVDB scraper if you like.
There are two versions - an XML version and a Python version... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363391
Or you can wait for TVDB to release their new scraper, but we don't know when that is coming.
Yes, I am very sure because I don't know which program can generate nfo file till now(I'm too lazy=.=).
KODI's output library is my only way from XBMC to KODI and it is easy to me.
About my nfo files, they are generated by several versions of XBMC to KODI,
but for tvshow.nfo of Strange Thing, I think the KODI version should be on 2016.
Hello !

I've noticed that several posters are not scraped when I scan my library.

For example :
- Il miracolo (https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/91253-il-miracolo), the "main poster" is not scraped
- Dragon Ball Z (https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/12971), the "Season posters"

The TV shows are scraped in French.

Do you need a debug log ?
I've scanned this serie, and once again the season posters are not retrieved for S1 and S2.

I've kept only today's logs : logs

May I provide something else ?
(2021-08-04, 12:47)Capslock Wrote: May I provide something else ?

Yes, the FULL log file. You can also use pastekodi in a SSH session in LibreELEC.
I didn't know the pastekodi command Smile
Thanks for that !

Here is the full log : http://ix.io/3uYf
(2021-08-04, 13:02)Capslock Wrote: Here is the full log : http://ix.io/3uYf
You did not enable debug mode, so there is not enough info.
Check Debug Log for instructions. Use Kodi Paste Site site.
My Signature
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)2