• 246(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Presumably when someone actually takes ownership as a new maintainer, or as the lead on a team of them.

At the moment things are rather too haphazard and scattershot, so it's not fully clear that the latest version is a final stable version.

And has anyone made an email request to get such a version (once it exists) into the repo? That would be one of the jobs for aforesaid new maintainer.

Corrected terminology - thanks Nick
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Its not a PR that is required, its an email to the addons mailing list.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just so i think i am understanding what you said. only the new maintainer can update the repo or do you need someone from here to send an email request with the latest version from kolifanes repo, which is where all the updates have been pushed to?

Thank you,
Jeff

(2016-03-14, 09:39)DarrenHill Wrote: Presumably when someone actually takes ownership as a new maintainer, or as the lead on a team of them.

At the moment things are rather too haphazard and scattershot, so it's not fully clear that the latest version is a final stable version.

And has anyone made an email request to get such a version (once it exists) into the repo? That would be one of the jobs for aforesaid new maintainer.

Corrected terminology - thanks Nick
(2016-03-11, 21:39)Crowly Wrote: When you add a youtube channel (from the add-on) as a favorite in Kodi, it does not update/refresh the video list. It will take some time to test since you need to add a channel, then wait for it to upload new videos, then access it from your favorite list again. This is not an issue (within the add-on) if you subscribe to the channel. I like to add channels I don't watch to often too favorites, so those videos doesn't "fill" up my subscription list.

If the plugin url is saved as plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/xxxx, instead of plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/yyyy, things works as expected.

I'm guessing this is an issue with the value passed from the add-on to Kodi when the favorite is created. This worked as it should in the "old Bromix version".

Yes I do the same thing, although not for channels I don't watch so much, but for channels that have a lot of small video updates (like news channels). These just end up taking over if you subscribe to them and you miss your other videos.

In any case I can confirm the same issue now unfortunately with regards to not refreshing properly. Hopefully it can be resolved in due course.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
@jdf76

Has he given approval for his repo to be used for this purpose? I can see it being OK for his updates, but there seem to be other people around here who seem to want to help patch things and keep them going. That's perhaps not quite the same case.

I would personally say the usage of his repo would de-facto make him the maintainer, which may not be what he wants or presumably he would have already made a request himself already and stated he wanted to take that role.

Whilst I fully support having a working and reliable add-on for this in the official repo, it should be done correctly so as not to upset anyone or force them into something they may not be comfortable with. So please ask him about it, and to make his feelings known here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill

Thank you for the information. What if I offer to be the maintainer? Unfortunately i'm not a python coder at the moment. (more perl and vbscript, and a lil csharp), but i'm definately going to learn. I can maintain the repo and eventually become the developer/ maintainer if it help get this puppy back in the repo. I would be happy to take responsibility to physically maintain the repo and keep the youtube plugin working with help from these guys in the forum. I can't speak for kolifanes so all I can do is ask him, but if i just volunteer would that be something that you guys would be willing to work with? I would just need a little training on how your system works in regards to posting to main repo etc etc etc.

Let me know what you think, if it's a bad idea i can understand that but you can't blame be for trying to keep this thing alive since i use it all the time Wink

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

(2016-03-14, 16:57)DarrenHill Wrote: @jdf76

Has he given approval for his repo to be used for this purpose? I can see it being OK for his updates, but there seem to be other people around here who seem to want to help patch things and keep them going. That's perhaps not quite the same case.

I would personally say the usage of his repo would de-facto make him the maintainer, which may not be what he wants or presumably he would have already made a request himself already and stated he wanted to take that role.

Whilst I fully support having a working and reliable add-on for this in the official repo, it should be done correctly so as not to upset anyone or force them into something they may not be comfortable with. So please ask him about it, and to make his feelings known here.
It's open source software - anyone is perfectly able and welcome to fork add-ons and make their own versions which they can upkeep as they wish, including submission to the official repo.

To save confusion though and multiple parallel versions, it would make most sense for interested people to talk amongst themselves and form a team or at least come to an agreement to save later problems and need for renaming etc of branches and such. That's probably fairly important in this case as many other add-ons rely on this one, and so the internal naming is important for that continuing to work.

I'd suggest you speak to Kolifanes (and maybe even Bromix just out of courtesy) and then take it from there. And if anyone else wants to join the team or have an input, then they can contact you as well.

I'll ask some of the team members to comment if they would see any issues with such a proposal, from my side I'm just trying to guide things to a solution that everyone's happy with and that we can all benefit from via an updated and fully working add-on being available in the official repo for everyone (to be clear, I don't have any say on what may or may not be accepted into the official repo, as my own coding skills aren't good enough to review code etc with any reliability either).

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill

I have no problem with that. Is bromix still around because i know his repo is gone. I'll bring up the ideas to the forum and see what they think? I understand what you mean, but by you speaking with me, this opens a dialog to get this guy back in the game for being official again.

@Everyone on the Forum who has participated.

I'd like to set up a master repo for official submission to the official repo. At first i wouldn't be able to participate more than what i have been doing which is supporting and asking questions and also popping an idea. Eventually when my python skills become good enough i'd like to even offer to maintain the code as well, but for now i would rely on you guys for your support.

@Kolifanes would you be ok with me taking over the repo or would you prefer to run the repo on your own. I think in order for us to get this back into the kodi repo it needs to be a permanent place.

@misty01, @Uukru, and any of the other guys who have helped with getting the plugin back to a good running, would you be willing to let me manage the repo but still require your help on getting some technical help with python. I can do my best to get around till i feel comfortable, but i would rely on you guys to help me with the python stuff.

@bromix, if you're still around i would love to get your blessing.

What do you guys think? I want to do whats best for the plugin.

Thanks
Jeff

(2016-03-14, 17:44)DarrenHill Wrote: It's open source software - anyone is perfectly able and welcome to fork add-ons and make their own versions which they can upkeep as they wish, including submission to the official repo.

To save confusion though and multiple parallel versions, it would make most sense for interested people to talk amongst themselves and form a team or at least come to an agreement to save later problems and need for renaming etc of branches and such. That's probably fairly important in this case as many other add-ons rely on this one, and so the internal naming is important for that continuing to work.

I'd suggest you speak to Kolifanes (and maybe even Bromix just out of courtesy) and then take it from there. And if anyone else wants to join the team or have an input, then they can contact you as well.

I'll ask some of the team members to comment if they would see any issues with such a proposal, from my side I'm just trying to guide things to a solution that everyone's happy with and that we can all benefit from via an updated and fully working add-on being available in the official repo for everyone (to be clear, I don't have any say on what may or may not be accepted into the official repo, as my own coding skills aren't good enough to review code etc with any reliability either).
(2016-03-14, 13:09)nickr Wrote: Its not a PR that is required, its an email to the addons mailing list.

Or a PR here.
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins
Keep in mind that you need to target the correct branch (the lowest kodi version the plugin can handle)
And please check the previous commits on how the commit message should look like.
Thanks for the info Wink

(2016-03-14, 18:20)Razze Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 13:09)nickr Wrote: Its not a PR that is required, its an email to the addons mailing list.

Or a PR here.
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins
Keep in mind that you need to target the correct branch (the lowest kodi version the plugin can handle)
And please check the previous commits on how the commit message should look like.
@jdf76
Thank you for volunteering and Godspeed to get your Python skills up to snuff.
My opinion is if Kolifanes or Misty01 were interested in being the Maintainer, they would have spoken out by now instead of letting this delay go on day after day.
We need someone like you who is tired of this waiting game and is eager to learn and fix the broken...
Thank you, much appreciated Wink

Jeff

(2016-03-14, 18:57)*Spider* Wrote: @jdf76
Thank you for volunteering and Godspeed to get your Python skills up to snuff.
My opinion is if Kolifanes or Misty01 were interested in being the Maintainer, they would have spoken out by now instead of letting this delay go on day after day.
We need someone like you who is tired of this waiting game and is eager to learn and fix the broken...
I'm not sure here, who is Kolifanes, but I bloody love you!! Big Grin
Setup API via menu, wow, thank you Sir, really !!

I also would like to thanks a lot Bromix developer and maintenance over a lot of time. Without him this wasn't as much cool as it is (thumbs up)
Actually Misty01 was the dev who put in the API menu.
I believe Kolifanes is doing the repo work at the moment.

Jeff

(2016-03-14, 21:44)spyvspyaeon Wrote: I'm not sure here, who is Kolifanes, but I bloody love you!! Big Grin
Setup API via menu, wow, thank you Sir, really !!

I also would like to thanks a lot Bromix developer and maintenance over a lot of time. Without him this wasn't as much cool as it is (thumbs up)
I have a few suggestions regarding this.

Create a organisation on github and add permissions to the folks who add contributions to the plugin.

Also, make this (or a new) thread only for support and let code issues be handled on github.

And let's update the Kodi wiki about this plugin, so it contains (the correct) instructions about setting it up.

(2016-03-14, 17:59)jdf76 Wrote: @Everyone on the Forum who has participated.

I'd like to set up a master repo for official submission to the official repo. At first i wouldn't be able to participate more than what i have been doing which is supporting and asking questions and also popping an idea. Eventually when my python skills become good enough i'd like to even offer to maintain the code as well, but for now i would rely on you guys for your support.

@Kolifanes would you be ok with me taking over the repo or would you prefer to run the repo on your own. I think in order for us to get this back into the kodi repo it needs to be a permanent place.
  • 246(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20