• 250(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
@misty01

Any chance you can update your API option to ignore it when people put in .apps.googleusercontent.com? I thought about asking you earlier but i got sidetracked.

thx
Jeff
@jdf76: It was a very fast fix so just I sent a pull request to Kolifanes' repo with the new change. I don't think I can send the PR to your fork unless I fork from you. Is that what you want rather than sending the PR to Kolifanes?
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
@misty01

Nah leave it with Kolifanes for now since we don't really have a new way defined yet.

Thanks again for your help!

Jeff
Done

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...g/5.1.20.5
I am really glad with this addon, but I have 1 question:
It seems Youtube Addon will not work in 1080p?
Even if I set 1080p in the settings, the movie will play in 720p.
Is here a possible workaroud for? Can somebody fix this please?
(2016-03-14, 16:50)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 21:39)Crowly Wrote: When you add a youtube channel (from the add-on) as a favorite in Kodi, it does not update/refresh the video list. It will take some time to test since you need to add a channel, then wait for it to upload new videos, then access it from your favorite list again. This is not an issue (within the add-on) if you subscribe to the channel. I like to add channels I don't watch to often too favorites, so those videos doesn't "fill" up my subscription list.

If the plugin url is saved as plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/xxxx, instead of plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/yyyy, things works as expected.

I'm guessing this is an issue with the value passed from the add-on to Kodi when the favorite is created. This worked as it should in the "old Bromix version".

Yes I do the same thing, although not for channels I don't watch so much, but for channels that have a lot of small video updates (like news channels). These just end up taking over if you subscribe to them and you miss your other videos.

In any case I can confirm the same issue now unfortunately with regards to not refreshing properly. Hopefully it can be resolved in due course.

@Kolifanes

Would you please be able to take a look at this issue when you get a moment please? I believe it started with v5.1.20.4

THANK YOU Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hi,

I have 2 problems with youtube video addon :

1. sometimes (for instance when entering a search request) I get a "bad request" dialog. If i try again several times, it ends up working fine.
Here is the logs of me wanting to enter a search request. It worked at the 3rd time.
http://goo.gl/OfbECE

2. streaming is very slow : when I launch a video, it first pauses a long time, then plays and displays a message "end of cache" or "cache full" or so.. then after a few minutes/seconds, the video is paused again, "cache full" displayed, and video plays again, for a few minutes... and so on
And sometimes audio freeze while video keeps on playing, then it comes back, and so on.
I know I don't have a big internet bandwith (280KB/s) but until a few days I didn't have any problems, and I don't have youtube streaming problems outside of Kodi.
Here is the playback part debug logs.
http://goo.gl/OnQD9y

Hoping someone can help me, especially with problem N°2, TIA!
(2016-03-20, 10:19)Monkeyface Wrote: I am really glad with this addon, but I have 1 question:
1080p is not supported for more then 2 years i think, and i also think that now is possible with kodi 17 to implement that dash streams like that amazon experimental build
(2016-03-20, 10:19)Monkeyface Wrote: I am really glad with this addon, but I have 1 question:

At this point, this wont be happening till Kodi supports DASH which may be happening in Kodi 17 and someone takes over the development for the youtube plugin.

thx
Hello!

Unfortunately Kolifanes is the repo keeper at the moment and doesn't maintain the plugin. (if i'm wrong Kolifanes please let me know). At this point you will have to bare with up as we are trying the best we can.

If you could do me a favor and post a debug log Log_file (wiki) even if you've posted one in the past and we'll see if we can figure it out. I'm sorry about the delay but we're just keeping it going until a new developer steps forward.

Also tell me when it stopped working and what version of kodi you were using.

Thank you for your patience.

Jeff

(2016-03-20, 10:42)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 16:50)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 21:39)Crowly Wrote: When you add a youtube channel (from the add-on) as a favorite in Kodi, it does not update/refresh the video list. It will take some time to test since you need to add a channel, then wait for it to upload new videos, then access it from your favorite list again. This is not an issue (within the add-on) if you subscribe to the channel. I like to add channels I don't watch to often too favorites, so those videos doesn't "fill" up my subscription list.

If the plugin url is saved as plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/xxxx, instead of plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/yyyy, things works as expected.

I'm guessing this is an issue with the value passed from the add-on to Kodi when the favorite is created. This worked as it should in the "old Bromix version".

Yes I do the same thing, although not for channels I don't watch so much, but for channels that have a lot of small video updates (like news channels). These just end up taking over if you subscribe to them and you miss your other videos.

In any case I can confirm the same issue now unfortunately with regards to not refreshing properly. Hopefully it can be resolved in due course.

@Kolifanes

Would you please be able to take a look at this issue when you get a moment please? I believe it started with v5.1.20.4

THANK YOU Smile
Thanks to all involved in getting this working again.

Quick question, if I wanted to rearrange the order ofor the folders how would I do that? For example I'd like to have my subs at the top as is, followed by subscribtons, followed by play lists... etc etc

Maybe this is something which could be added to future versions
ok i was trying to see what could be different with 5.1.16 and 5.1.20.x and i can't find anything that would cause the issue.

I currently run Kodi 16 / youtube 5.1.20.4

I did what the other person said in their post and this is what i see in my favorites.

Code:
<favourite name="Brit Lab" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-b2oDou0nBYg/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/7Rx-J3lQEU4/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UCdsOTr6SmDrxuWE7sJFrkhQ/&quot;,return)</favourite>

I'm going to have to wait on the refresh issue but i was not able to reproduce the issue. This doesn't mean there isn't an issue, so please post those logs and version info for me and i'll see what i can do. I'm not promising an answer if i can't figure it out as I am not a developer. I like the other people on here are just trying to keep this plugin going till someone takes over the development officially.

btw if you would like 5.1.16 with the version add-on let me know and i'll send that too you but, You'll have to make the changes from the github yourself.

Thanks,
Jeff

(2016-03-20, 10:42)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 16:50)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes I do the same thing, although not for channels I don't watch so much, but for channels that have a lot of small video updates (like news channels). These just end up taking over if you subscribe to them and you miss your other videos.

@Kolifanes

THANK YOU Smile
[/quote]
@Spidored:

I wonder if this is a Kodi 17 nightly on Windows OS problem. I just downloaded the latest Mac OS Kodi 17 nightly and had no problem running YouTube (5.1.20.5) add-on with the new Estuary skin. I also loaded Confluence skin and YouTube add-on worked no problems. I know Bromix has a module named view_manager.py which has several skin menu view ID parameters. Maybe Estuary menu view IDs need to be added? But just to re-iterate, I had no crashes on my Mac (OS X 10.7.5) with Kodi 17 latest nightly with either Estuary or Confluence skins. Have you tried loading Confluence and using YouTube? Maybe that will help to narrow down whether this is a skins issue.

(2016-03-19, 14:10)Spidored Wrote: Hello all,

Actually have the same crash problem with the last version of youtube addon 5.1.20.4 with Kodi v17 & the new skin.

Here is a crash log.

http://pastebin.com/fLBkjMUp

Not an expert but think the issue is in theses lines :
Seems that the extension doens't return correctly the directory list for the new skin.
NB : Tried to erase addon config before reproducing the issue to be sure.

Code:
12:58:49 T:1284    INFO: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
12:58:49 T:3176   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
12:58:49 T:1284   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:58:49 T:1284   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.youtube/)
12:58:49 T:1284   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/]
12:58:49 T:1284   ERROR: CArchive::streamin_bufferwrap: can't stream in: requested 16777216 bytes, was read 6284 bytes
12:58:49 T:3176   DEBUG: CAddonDatabase::SetLastUsed[plugin.video.youtube] took 9 ms
12:58:49 T:1284   ERROR: CArchive::streamin_bufferwrap: can't stream in: requested 1684300124 bytes, was read 2410 bytes
12:58:50 T:1284   ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
I was not able to reproduce the problem on OSX 10.11.3 (El Capitan) running Kodi 17 - 03212016 with Youtube 5.1.20.5.

I tried all 3 views such as list, wall and the other one. They all seemed fine.

Thanks
Jeff

(2016-03-21, 01:23)misty01 Wrote: @Spidored:

I wonder if this is a Kodi 17 nightly on Windows OS problem. I just downloaded the latest Mac OS Kodi 17 nightly and had no problem running YouTube (5.1.20.5) add-on with the new Estuary skin. I also loaded Confluence skin and YouTube add-on worked no problems. I know Bromix has a module named view_manager.py which has several skin menu view ID parameters. Maybe Estuary menu view IDs need to be added? But just to re-iterate, I had no crashes on my Mac (OS X 10.7.5) with Kodi 17 latest nightly with either Estuary or Confluence skins. Have you tried loading Confluence and using YouTube? Maybe that will help to narrow down whether this is a skins issue.

(2016-03-19, 14:10)Spidored Wrote: Hello all,

Actually have the same crash problem with the last version of youtube addon 5.1.20.4 with Kodi v17 & the new skin.

Here is a crash log.

http://pastebin.com/fLBkjMUp

Not an expert but think the issue is in theses lines :
Seems that the extension doens't return correctly the directory list for the new skin.
NB : Tried to erase addon config before reproducing the issue to be sure.

Code:
12:58:49 T:1284    INFO: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
12:58:49 T:3176   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
12:58:49 T:1284   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:58:49 T:1284   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.youtube/)
12:58:49 T:1284   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/]
12:58:49 T:1284   ERROR: CArchive::streamin_bufferwrap: can't stream in: requested 16777216 bytes, was read 6284 bytes
12:58:49 T:3176   DEBUG: CAddonDatabase::SetLastUsed[plugin.video.youtube] took 9 ms
12:58:49 T:1284   ERROR: CArchive::streamin_bufferwrap: can't stream in: requested 1684300124 bytes, was read 2410 bytes
12:58:50 T:1284   ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
@jdf76

Thanks for trying to look into my issue. For the moment I totally remade the shortcut to favourites and to the skin, and I will see how this goes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 250(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20