• 100(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2015-08-19, 13:16)enen92 Wrote: ...

Available platforms for now
-Windows
-Linux i386 & x64 (Openelec not tested but should work)
-Linux arm (Raspberry pi 2 only)
-Android

Will it be possible to add support for rPi1 in the future or is there any HW limitation that makes it impossible?

Thanks for the amazing work!
Nice work enen! Can I somehow start an acestream ID through ssh? anyone know something about that?

I have tested it on my rPI2 running openelec 5.0.8 but without any success. Acestream engine doesnt start and times out and gives "Torrent not avaible or invalid". Here's the debug file http://pastebin.com/jNAPum7z which I cant find something strange in but im not very used to debug files.. anyhow, thanks alot for your effort, amazing!
If parsers was removed, can we call Plexus from other addons? Or parsers will be re-added in next versions?
(2015-08-19, 15:20)honorem Wrote: Nice work enen! Can I somehow start an acestream ID through ssh? anyone know something about that?

I have tested it on my rPI2 running openelec 5.0.8 but without any success. Acestream engine doesnt start and times out and gives "Torrent not avaible or invalid". Here's the debug file http://pastebin.com/jNAPum7z which I cant find something strange in but im not very used to debug files.. anyhow, thanks alot for your effort, amazing!

The addon executes the following command on the background to start the acestreamengine:

Quote:sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/program.plexus/acestream/start_acestream.sh

You can't however start id's from ssh. Just if you add a stream and select it from the addon while the engine is running on your ssh session.
(2015-08-19, 14:49)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 14:27)poochaty Wrote: A M A Z I N G J O B!

Thank you. Just.... waiting for cubox-i support. Its also arm7 platforn...

Regards,

Lukasz

Try to select "Raspberry Pi 2" it might work. If not, a package has to be made for the cubox, unfortunately by someone else as I don't have the hardware. I only have a pi2 and a pi1.

The acesteramengine package for the pi is nothing more than a minimal android chroot with the engine placed on the right folder

Hey and thanks for answer. RPi2 configuration doesnt work. I can be your Cubox tester if you want.

Best regards from Sweden

PS Should i uninstall p2p streams from cubox or those 2 add ons live separately life?
@poochaty
What version of Cubox-i did you tried ? Also the OS version, including kernel verison.
No need to uninstall p2p-streams, they are separate addons, although like enen said p2p-streams will have no more support.
Rascas is the developer of pipplware and gave me a tremendous help getting this running on the pi. We can say the work done on the pi is 50/50. So, any questions he might ask are, of course, to help.
(2015-08-19, 15:57)rascas Wrote: @poochaty
What version of Cubox-i did you tried ? Also the OS version, including kernel verison.
No need to uninstall p2p-streams, they are separate addons, although like enen said p2p-streams will have no more support.

cubox i4pro

Openelec 5.95.3 kernel: 3.14.36

p2p streams works nice but only sopcast.
That's a somewhat old kernel and can be the reason why it isn't working. You will have to wait for OpenELEC 6 beta 4 to test it. I read somewhere it will be out in the next few days.
Or try another Linux operating system with Kodi and a more recent kernel (3.18+).
Unfortunately I don't have that hardware to test it...
(2015-08-19, 14:53)grey Wrote: i'am at work now, but cannot wait to use plexus Big Grin

dumb question: do p2p-stream parsers work with plexus? i asked on purpose as a general question, so not to break any rules of this forum.

p2p-streams will not be supported anymore, you can continue to use it but it will likely be removed by the end of the month. On the 25th of August google code (the distribution repository of the modules) will turn read only. So there is no reason to keep it online and outdated.

To shut down this conversation about the parsers and the lists, they were intentionally removed from Plexus. That being said, they are not to be incuded again nor do they work with Plexus as they worked with p2p-streams.

* They are mini-kodi-addons that worked inside p2p-streams. p2p-streams was responsible to sync, update, add, remove them from the main addon. This of course not only causes confusion about what the addon is and what the parsers are but also caused a lot of problems turning the addon slow, heavy and not to update them properly. Plus, more stuff to mantain in the core addon and slowing the process of updating what matters...the core and the modules granting a way to watch live peer-to-peer streams in Kodi as if they were supported by the software itself. That's my goal.

This addon showed up first in another place rather than this forum. Either if I want it or not, its name "p2p-streams" will always be associated with the other forum, there are a lot of videos showing off how to pirate easily using the ancient addon. Plus a lot of users coming to this forum with questions associated with those links violating the forum rules.

As a matter of respect for the xbmc foundation and everyone developing or contributing to kodi's codebase (since they allowed me to have this addon here even taking into account its ancient past), this addon will only be a player (program). The people mantaining the parsers should either fork the old p2p-streams and give it a different name or adapt the older parsers as a standalone kodi addon that uses Plexus as a player if they still want to take advantage of our development/updates on Plexus and modules.

Period.
@poochaty
And please post the acestream.log located in your home folder: .kodi/userdata/addon_data/program.plexus/acestream/acestream.log
(2015-08-19, 15:30)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 15:20)honorem Wrote: Nice work enen! Can I somehow start an acestream ID through ssh? anyone know something about that?

The addon executes the following command on the background to start the acestreamengine:

Quote:sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/program.plexus/acestream/start_acestream.sh

You can't however start id's from ssh. Just if you add a stream and select it from the addon while the engine is running on your ssh session.

Ye, I can add streams through SSH which is basically the same thing as playing ID's through SSH, so thanks! But still "torrent not available or invalid", cant figure that part out, can other addons conflict the plexus and acestream engine somehow?
Load local torrent is broken on linux if that's what you are talking about (mentioned on the release post). Acestream:// or .acelive links do work though.
ye, i know, but the engine is not starting properly, times out..
Is there a link to a legal acestream link I can test on openelec on mx2? If I open a link from another addon it opens myp2p and not plexus. Disabled myp2p but engine does does not start unfortunately for me. Thanks for this though enen
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14