• 38(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-10-27, 16:32)neno1978 Wrote: One question enen, i had see , with tears in my eyes, the beautiful picture of ace stream xbmc mac engine, and i can see the engine icon on mac bar
is true? Is this possible? This will it be his functioning? I comment on it to you because, I believe, this app , in mac, has the best functioning that I could have seen lately

Yeap the engine is the only thing running through wine. The playback happens in xbmc player itself so, it behaves a little better than the emulated ace/vlc player. Let's see what comes out of it.
I don't know yet how to make the configuration in a straight forward way. Probably it will require the manual install of the ace stream dmg by ighor. The ace dmg is a bit huge...
I'm also trying to figure out a way of avoiding the curl errors in osx, maybe restreaming the stream in a different protocol using external tools. A bit resource consuming but probably usable. Usability, after all, is everything that matters.
We know that what your you do, always will be for better Wink
By using wget on osx and pointing xbmc to the downloading file I was able to play sopcast streams in osx ad eternum.

This is also good news, probably using the system's curl also may solve that 3 seconds playback issue (or implementing the downloading in python and forward the local file to xbmc).

Do you want to make me cry really??? You are the fu***** MASTER!!!!!
Shocked 
I am trying to setup this to play some contents from skylifeplay.com but am having hard time doing so. The url to the stream is very long and it looks to be its own swf which is not common or used on other sites and it looks to use p2p type of streaming using rtmfp protocol.

Can someone please pm me to help me get this started ? or that I can share the url so that maybe someone can help to figure out how to get this to play on xbmc ?
(2014-10-27, 22:22)neno1978 Wrote: Do you want to make me cry reallyHuh You are the fu***** MASTER!!!!!

Sopcast is now working fine. I've some problems with the engine not starting after a few attemps..so if you close a stream, and open another one again is a short period of time it won't start...
As for the configuration function I still don't know. Maybe the best way is to download the dmg, mount it locally, copy the app to the /applications directory and keep things simple.
One question enen. Sopcast has very useful information in its own software showing the buffer percentage of the channel, so we can know if it will play smoothly or it won't. Is there a way that you can show this value when toolbar is shown? (just as you do with Acestream's stats)

If you can show it, it will help us to know faster if the broadcasting channel will work ok or it will fail continiously.

Thanks for your help.
(2014-10-28, 18:53)JulefBlocker Wrote: One question enen. Sopcast has very useful information in its own software showing the buffer percentage of the channel, so we can know if it will play smoothly or it won't. Is there a way that you can show this value when toolbar is shown? (just as you do with Acestream's stats)

If you can show it, it will help us to know faster if the broadcasting channel will work ok or it will fail continiously.

Thanks for your help.

That is the sopcast player filling the buffer depending on the data it receives. It is not any plain text info coming from the binnary. So, xbmc kind of does this automatically. As it is retrieving the file from a network location (the sopcast binnary creates some kind of local server and serves the video stream by http, e.g http://127.0.0.1:9001) if the speed you're downloading the content is low xbmc itself will buffer a lot (and show the buffering percentage). Sometimes it even disconnects from the stream leaving the server working on the background. You can't get really a proper idea of the stream behaviour from these values. Also, it's normal with sopcast to have a lot of buffering during 1/2 minutes and then the stream plays flawlessly. You can also have a lot of buffering during 1/2 minutes and after that...
So it's not the same as acestream.

The only relevant information I got from sopcast is now that I'm working more on osx and downloading the content appart from xbmc I can know the download speed of the content I'm playing at the same time. This is really the only significant value of the way the stream will behave...
However I'm only doing this on osx because there are a lot of bugs with curl in and the team kodi has taken a bit of time to solve this issue (and is also lacking a bit on the number of osx devs) so...I'm trying the addon to avoid those bugs. This isn't however, the way the addon should work...
(2014-10-28, 18:39)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 22:22)neno1978 Wrote: Do you want to make me cry reallyHuh You are the fu***** MASTER!!!!!

Sopcast is now working fine. I've some problems with the engine not starting after a few attemps..so if you close a stream, and open another one again is a short period of time it won't start...
As for the configuration function I still don't know. Maybe the best way is to download the dmg, mount it locally, copy the app to the /applications directory and keep things simple.

Well, do not be if this will have any relation but for Ighor also it was a problem the engine acestream. He did a trick with the way of closing Vlc Player, it adapting to CMD + Q, and, that way, it managed to close and to open the engine without problems. Do not be if this says anything to you or is a stupidity
Nop the same problem happens with the aceplayer if you close and open it for several times...
I'm convinced now that it is the upstream with acestream that is causing 90% of my problems. It's often uploading at 70kb/s, which is the absolute maximum my connection can support. This slows the download a lot.

Sopcast is perfect. I just wish more people broadcast with it!
Hi i have just updated to kodi and installed this impressive add on it loads up acestream and sopcast fine but the video keeps stuttering every 2 seconds or so. Its on an m3 jynxbox android ive tried using enable zero cache and the internal to external app to save cache to the 4gb sd card i have mounted been on hours with it now i have tried installing the acestream engine and changing all the settings to the recommened ones still no joy sopcast does the same would love to get this running have changed my fibre optic to sky from talk talk as i was told this may be the problem as talk talk throttles you but its still the same can anyone help me please ?
Thanks
(2014-10-29, 10:07)Evoron Wrote: Hi i have just updated to kodi and installed this impressive add on it loads up acestream and sopcast fine but the video keeps stuttering every 2 seconds or so. Its on an m3 jynxbox android ive tried using enable zero cache and the internal to external app to save cache to the 4gb sd card i have mounted been on hours with it now i have tried installing the acestream engine and changing all the settings to the recommened ones still no joy sopcast does the same would love to get this running have changed my fibre optic to sky from talk talk as i was told this may be the problem as talk talk throttles you but its still the same can anyone help me please ?
Thanks

Is the box wired and all the required ports forwarded on your router? If the ports are forwarded have you checked if the ip address of the box is static or keeps changing? Forward a port to a device that constantly changes its network ip address doesn't improve anything since the port will always be reported as closed after a reboot.
Have you tried the same aces/sops in your pc? Do they behave the exact same way there? If so the problem is either on the stream or your network. If not, as android is a bit resource consuming the box might not have the required horsepower to handle everything. Check the memory consumption of the box during playback.

Traffic shapping is also something that depends on your location and on the % of broadband usage on a certain location. For instance in the capital I suffer from severe traffic shapping but on a less "crowdy" (not sure if this word exists) area it behaves pretty well (despite being the exact same isp).
Also, please make sure you're using the latest version of the acestream engine. They've done really a good job on the 3.0.2 upgrade, the behaviour is much better than before.

It is however strange that you get the same problems with sopcast. Are you sure the problems you mention are related to low download/upload speeds and not to the lack of hardware acceleration on the video playback itself?

Sorry for my rusty english.
Not sure enen i will try your suggestions and get back to you i thought it was a cache problem with the stuttering the sopcast download was at 1135 kpbs last night surely that should be enough for a stream ??
Since you're using android, you can also try to use external players. This will help figuring out if the problem is on xbmc side or somewhere else. Cache management, hardware acceleration etc depend on the player.

This would be the first thing I'd do. Put settings back to default and answer yes to all "do you want a external player" questions.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14