• 40(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-10-29, 21:29)enen92 Wrote: The update is finally out:

[NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]Version 1.1.4 (29/10/14)[/B]
-Acestreamengine bundle for Linux x86 was re-packaged (based on debian to avoid debian errors)
-Fixed OSX curl errors with sopcast (file is downloaded locally by a thread and forwarded to the player)
-New settings for sopcast in osx (timer used for example)
-New configuration for acestreams under osx (using the windows wine emulated version of the acestreamengine 3.0.2 by july ighor)
-New behaviour for Acestreams in OSX
-Changes to the wiki

[NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]Mac OSX users should read the wiki:[/B] https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...figuration

-> I think I won't have a mac available for the next few days so, any possible bugs can't be solved by me in the foreseeable future.
-> The osx acestream stuff was developed on a 64 bit mac, I don't know if the app works in 32bits macs
-> Neno, I don't know if you have contact with july ighor but if you do please ask him which is the best way to start and stop the engine only. The cmd's I'm using are in the wiki. However sometimes it refuses to start. Also, if possible ask him if it is possible to open-source the acestreamstarter.exe file he is using within the app (to have an idea what the app is doing).

Cheers

Yeah enen i'll try . Fantastic work man! Fantastic work...
(2014-10-29, 21:41)Evoron Wrote: The box just keeps saying shutting down has done for the last 45 mins lol i will uninstall kobi and start from scratch if need be thats how desperate i am to get p2p working ha ha thanks for your help again enen mucho appreciated

Please write your posts properly and with the right pontuation, I'm not english.

What do you mean by the box has been saying "shutting down" for the last 45 mins? Is it within the addon or outside? Is it a freezed stream after you stopped it? Is it kodi freezing when you close the app itself?
Ok sorry, i quit out of xbmc and got back to the android home screen. then clicked shut down and it's stayed on shutting down for the last 45 minutes and still is .
Ah ok, that is not related to this addon nor xbmc. Unplug it and plug it again Smile
Yep tried that ill try changing the settings again cheers
Fact enen, I have sent an e-mail to july. Let's wait for response. Already I have proved 1.1.4 only I will say beastly enen, impressively. In what concerns the engine, and continuing with my absurd comments without any logic, I comment to you that alone I have had problems with her (app he understands himself) when I have had opened xbmc and the console, probably, of some strange way, it can have relationWink
If the message is only directed to me (and not to the whole forum) I think there aren't any problems in writting in spanish. Probably easier for me because I couldn't understand a thing from your last message, sorry Sad
If you could write the same message in spanish I'd appreciate it
[LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE] claro enen. Perdona por mi horrible ingles. Te decía q ya le envíe a July un email contándole todo. Esperemos una respuesta rápida. También te hacia la pelota diciéndote q la nueva versión funciona a la perfección, y es verdad, espectacular. Por ultimo te comento que yo también he tenido problemas con la engine acestream pero sólo cuando tenía abierto también xbmc y consola de mac( ya sabes , la consola de los log) por sí esta tremenda estupidez pudiera de alguna rara manera ayudarte. Un saludo maestro Wink

Pd: solo una cosa más enen . Sopcast cuando empieza el stream se corta como siempre, tengo q abrirlo otra vez y me dice q el video está abierto en l background quiere usar ese video? Le digo que sí y entonces juega perfecto
¿Es ese el comportamiento normal?
Ah I got it now. It is totally unrelated, probably it opened again because a few time has passed as I mention on the wiki.

As for the PS that's normal with sopcast because on the first 1/2 minutes it buffers a lot (p2p network is still getting stable) so your download rate is low and if the stream is HQ the piece of video you download on those 15 seconds is really small. So xbmc plays it faster than the rate you're downloading and quits the playback leaving the binary running. I made it work this way because you can reconnect back really fast. You can also try to increase those 15 seconds timeout but it will only add delay to the stream you're watching.

I think this is the best way of dealing with it. Enter the stream...if it quits...launch it again using the same session Smile This also happens in other platforms like android for example...sometimes xbmc just drops the playback assuming it has reached the end of file.But as the binary is still running in the background, you can pick it back quickly.

Thanks for re-writting it
Yes , when a few time has passed and when restar the iMac ...perhaps some terminal command for this ?? By the moment [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]
After update to Version 1.1.4

Add to XBMC Favorites works but can't play any sopcast stream.
Play fine in Addon but not from the XBMC Favorites anymore.

Please fix it soon!

Thank you for your work!
Am I supposed to guess in which platform you're running this on?
First time I've been able to use sopcast on anything later than gotham beta 2!!
Acestreams are working fine as well.
I had a slight issue where a sopcast stream kicked me out after a minute or so....but I'm not sure if there was an issue with the stream, as ive been watching the same stream for a while now with no kickouts, previously it would kick me out within a couple of seconds .....I'll give it a proper test later when there are some more sopcast links available.
Cracking work as usual enen....I knew you wouldn't leave us Mac users out in the cold for too long!!
Btw..this is osx Yosemite 10.10 64bit
also thanks to @neno1978 for discovering this working Ace Stream.app in the first place.
Hey guys,

is anybody running p2p on the amazon fire tv?
For me it used to work just fine but since version 1.1.3 (and 1.1.4 now) it just doesn't work anymore.

When I start a stream it gets stuck at the point "Pre-buffering" Seeds:0 Download: 0/kbs
So it seems like it's not connecting to any seeds...

btw. I'm using the internal acestream engine, not the external app.
(2014-10-30, 12:15)gb160 Wrote: First time I've been able to use sopcast on anything later than gotham beta 2!!
Acestreams are working fine as well.
I had a slight issue where a sopcast stream kicked me out after a minute or so....but I'm not sure if there was an issue with the stream, as ive been watching the same stream for a while now with no kickouts, previously it would kick me out within a couple of seconds .....I'll give it a proper test later when there are some more sopcast links available.
Cracking work as usual enen....I knew you wouldn't leave us Mac users out in the cold for too long!!
Btw..this is osx Yosemite 10.10 64bit
also thanks to @neno1978 for discovering this working Ace Stream.app in the first place.

Glad to see u here I'm still following tottenham matches whenever possible Wink
I already explained why that problem with sopcast happens. It happens in every platform however as in other platforms the file is retrieved from a remote location (by http) the player stops and buffers (1 or 2 minutes normally). Sometimes the stream drops as well, mainly in android.
In OSX as the file is being saved to the disk and forwarded to the player when it is buffering no content is being downloaded so the file you're playing doesn't increase its size. So xbmc reaches quickly the end of file (EOF). The sopcast binary is still working on the background and the time you need to restart the stream is normally enough to stabilize the p2p network and to get a good download speed. Hence, the stream plays pretty well afterwards.

I've been using this only on osx for the past few days and the results have been pretty good. Acestreams behave better than with the older engine Big Grin
A pity it doesn't work on the pi and other linux arm devices but at least the update improved the technology a lot making the user experience so much better.

PS: You can "solve" this issue if you increase the player timeout on sopcast tab settings. Make it one minute or so..and I doubt the stream will drop after that. However if you do something like this you'll have 1 minute stream delay + the delay of the actual stream. Pretty unpractical and probably better to suffer 1 drop and play it fine afterwards
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14