• 62(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-12-29, 16:28)enen92 Wrote: It was solved already. If you come from an update (xbmc to kodi) under openelec u need to delete the .xbmc folder cause I forgot to catch that exception

It worked! Thank you very much.
enen92, I removed advancedsettings.xml so buffer should = 0 rather than imported recommended an it does seem a lot more stable, cherrs.

settings which seem to work for me are

Live and vod buffer both 1 second
No download limit
upload limit 10000
Max connections 30

seems to be doing much less cpu and bandwidth io is fairly stable with few irrecoverable peaks and troughs leading to less engine stops. Need to test it some more but looks good, cheers m8
Hi enen92,

I'm not able to modify the acestream settings in the Advanced tools menu, using v1.2.0 from the repo. When I modify one setting, the entire group disappears, leaving only the "XBMC Advancedsettings.xml" and "P2P-Streams force stop hook" group headings.

It is necessary to remove the addon and delete $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams for the option to show again after reinstallation; however the same issue persists - I can only edit one and then the options disappear.

Is there an alternative place to configure acestream options (VOD etc)?
(2014-12-30, 01:28)IAmNotAUser Wrote: Hi enen92,

I'm not able to modify the acestream settings in the Advanced tools menu, using v1.2.0 from the repo. When I modify one setting, the entire group disappears, leaving only the "XBMC Advancedsettings.xml" and "P2P-Streams force stop hook" group headings.

It is necessary to remove the addon and delete $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams for the option to show again after reinstallation; however the same issue persists - I can only edit one and then the options disappear.

Yap I am aware of this bug but hadn't fixed it yet (assuming your running linux). Here's the procedure:

1) Delete .ACEStream folder (rm -r $HOME/.ACEStream)
2) Put the addon settings back to default
3) Re-enter the addon
4) Go straight to the advanced tools menu

This happens because I'm storing the cache location as a setting to be passed to the engine later and checking if the path exists. Problem is between versions they decided to add a subfolder to the default cache location.
hi enen,
could be possible, in some way, use a raw pastebin link as remote addon xml list of acestream links?
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,........
acestream://................
tnx
Peppe
Hi to all
and enen thank you very much, I can compare significance of this addon to navi-x.
BUT, has anyone managed to get it working on PIVOS xios ds?
I have been trying different setups, linux and android vers. with different xbmc vers. from frodo to kodi, but still cant make it work.
Its been two days now that I am trying, after my first attempt (spring 2014) also ended with failure.
On windows it works great, but can anyone help me with PIVOS.
Thank you.
(2014-12-30, 01:28)IAmNotAUser Wrote: Hi enen92,

Are you on Android box and connected with a usb drive? I see limited advanced settings too. With an external sd card, it's fine
(2014-12-30, 11:44)adislic Wrote: Hi to all
and enen thank you very much, I can compare significance of this addon to navi-x.
BUT, has anyone managed to get it working on PIVOS xios ds?
I have been trying different setups, linux and android vers. with different xbmc vers. from frodo to kodi, but still cant make it work.
Its been two days now that I am trying, after my first attempt (spring 2014) also ended with failure.
On windows it works great, but can anyone help me with PIVOS.
Thank you.

Quote:Pivos XIOS DS is an ARM-based media player set-top box that can run XBMC on either Android or Linux.

Acestreams 3.0 don't work on Linux arm (there is no version of the engine), been written almost 1500 times. Sopcast does and acestream 2.0 does too (deprecated nowadays).
It can run android so if you depend a lot on aces you might want to change your OS to android.

(2014-12-30, 11:13)peppe_sr Wrote: hi enen,
could be possible, in some way, use a raw pastebin link as remote addon xml list of acestream links?
Code:
#EXTM3U
tnx
Peppe

I'll have a look tonight but I guess the changes are fairly easy
(2014-12-30, 01:53)enen92 Wrote: Yap I am aware of this bug but hadn't fixed it yet (assuming your running linux). Here's the procedure:

1) Delete .ACEStream folder (rm -r $HOME/.ACEStream)
2) Put the addon settings back to default
3) Re-enter the addon
4) Go straight to the advanced tools menu

This happens because I'm storing the cache location as a setting to be passed to the engine later and checking if the path exists. Problem is between versions they decided to add a subfolder to the default cache location.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am running Linux (Ubuntu x86_64), but I can't seem to recreate the scenario now where the add-on shows the Acestream configuration options.

I have done the following exact process:

1) Remove addon through settings menu
2) rm -rf ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/
3) rm -rf ~/.ACEStream
4) Reboot system
5) Install p2p-streams v1.2.0 from repo
6) Go straight to Video -> Addons -> p2p-streams
7) Answered no to using OpenELEC x86_64
8) Add-on downloads sopcast and acestream modules upon opening
9) Advanced tools menu

The menu shows as follows:
Code:
XBMC advancedsettings.xml:
Import recommended advancedsettings.xml

P2P-Streams force stop hook:
Apply costum stop function

There are no other options shown on the page.

(I also deleted my own custom advancedsettings.xml that I have configured with info such as my MySQL DB connection as that changes the menu to:
Code:
XBMC advancedsettings.xml:
Import recommended advancedsettings.xml
Backup advancedsettings.xml
Delete advancedsettings.xml

P2P-Streams force stop hook:
Apply costum stop function

But still doesn't show the configuration settings?
Ah sorry forgot a step. You need to delete the $HOME/.ACEStream folder, put the settings back to default, re-enter the addon (configuration will be repeated), play an acestream and only afterwards enter the advanced tools menu.

In case it doesn't show, the addon just changes the file
Code:
$HOME/.ACEStream/playercore.conf
Thanks for your reply! I managed to open the advanced tools menu after playing a stream Smile After changing one option, the entire menu had disappeared again.

I'm happy changing text files with the settings, there's no playercore.conf file - but there is playerconf.pickle which is what I'm guessing you mean.

Code:
kodi@run:~/.ACEStream$ ls -l
total 48
drwxr-xr-x 2 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:34 a
drwxr-xr-x 2 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:34 buffer
drwxr-xr-x 3 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:35 cache
drwxr-xr-x 2 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:35 collected_torrent_files
drwxr-xr-x 2 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:34 dlcheckpoints
drwxr-xr-x 2 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:34 dldcheckpoints
-rw-r--r-- 1 kodi kodi  211 Dec 30 14:34 ec.pem
-rw-r--r-- 1 kodi kodi  166 Dec 30 14:34 ecpub.pem
drwxr-xr-x 2 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:34 itracker
-rw-r--r-- 1 kodi kodi  265 Dec 30 14:39 playerconf.pickle
drwxr-xr-x 2 kodi kodi 4096 Dec 30 14:35 sqlite
-rw-r--r-- 1 kodi kodi 1690 Dec 30 14:37 state.dat

I looked through the advancedfunctions.py file from the plugin to find out how to edit the .pickle file correctly.

Instead of doing this, it is possible to have the menu reappear after it disappears by manually editing ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/settings.xml after each change to read:

Code:
<setting id="acestream_cachefolder" value="/home/kodi/.ACEStream/cache/.acestream_cache/" />
(only one .acestream_cache at the end, rather than two)

For fixing this, I think this is set on line 179 of the source.

I also tried to edit the cachefolder location through the advanced menu within addon, but this only loads a XBMC file browser - which won't let me access folders beginning with a period? Would a text-entry field not work better there or am I missing a way to load hidden folders through the file browser?

------------------------------------------------

(2014-12-30, 16:01)qknet Wrote: Are you on Android box and connected with a usb drive? I see limited advanced settings too. With an external sd card, it's fine

I actually saw this in the code while I was looking Smile It looks explicitly for /sdcard/.ACEStream/cache all through it.
(2014-12-30, 11:13)peppe_sr Wrote: hi enen,
Code:
#EXTM3U
tnx
Peppe

There u go: https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-Ko...d46e4efd26
Grab the version from master in Github or wait for the next version to be concluded.
i'm grabbing from github now.
tnx

EDIT

nice job. thanks a lot.
Peppe
Sopcast has been updated for lollipop, where can I find an updated sopclient to use with your great addon? Thank You.

Sopclient was in the apk in the previous versions but not in 1.2.1 apk...
(2014-12-29, 18:07)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 18:01)MstrP Wrote: It was a manual update from v4.2.x

Remove the /storage/.xbmc folder:

Code:
rm -r /storage/.xbmc

Enable "Download modules on boot" on the addon settings and re-enter the addon. Should work after that.

Worked great! Thanks
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14