• 80(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2015-03-17, 21:28)jacopeta Wrote: hi, I have rasppi2 with openelec. Is possible to use the acestream engine only on another local network computer or also to an online dedicated server with internet ip??
Are you able to ru acestream at all? For me, all acestream crashes or says that there is not torrent to be found. Are specific settings needed for rpi2?

Update : Ok I just read two pages before, that this is a known issue and is not solved at the moment.
(2015-03-17, 21:28)jacopeta Wrote: hi, I have rasppi2 with openelec. Is possible to use the acestream engine only on another local network computer or also to an online dedicated server with internet ip??

Yes, from a local PC running Acestream you can stream the output and add that url to a .strm file and open that on the pi running Kodi

http://kodi.wiki/view/Internet_video_and_audio_streams for how to add the url to a .strm file

google for the other bit as few videos about on how to setup the output stream to get the local url
I have been using this addon for a lot of months on my android box without any problems. However today all acestream links are not working. When I click on all links, the window on screen stops on 'playing torrent' notification and it stays for a couple of seconds, then I get the message 'Acestream failed to load file'. Any help pls?
Hello, I am trying to get p2p-streams working to play acestream links. Every link I open via the website parsers fails. Below is a snippet from the logs. This is running on Rasberry Pi Kodi (rasbmc).

07:10:02 T:2864161856 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1

No sopcast streams work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,
Ryan
(2015-03-19, 09:29)ryanpinz Wrote: Hello, I am trying to get p2p-streams working to play acestream links. Every link I open via the website parsers fails. Below is a snippet from the logs. This is running on Rasberry Pi Kodi (rasbmc).

Python Interpreter Initialized<--
07:09:40 T:2864161856 NOTICE: Mode: 401
07:09:41 T:2864161856 NOTICE: Linux not android..
07:10:02 T:2864161856 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1

No sopcast streams work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,
Ryan

lol, if you read the forum nearly every other page someone asks about acestream on raspberry pi and they still don't take note of the answer...
Acestream does not work on ARM

For sopcast, make sure you are trying a legal legit stream for testing that you know is stable
Is that why people opt for Android Box over Pi?
(2015-03-19, 14:31)ryanpinz Wrote: thanks for the information Sopcast does indeed work, but unfortunately many of the sports streams are all AceStream. Is that why people opt for Android Box over Pi?

Have PM'd you
As you all may know, google code will shut down in June or something. I need to find an alternative repository for this plugin (github is not an option). I'll probably use the microsoft one upon suggestion of a friend (not that I like them much lol).
I also want to change the name of the plugin. It has to be something related to peer-to-peer or live without any mentions to streams/stream.
I am open to suggestions.

I don't use this plugin much nowadays so if simply there is no interest in helping or giving suggestions I assume there is also no interest in the plugin. If that's the case I'll simply drop support to it.
(2015-03-20, 16:21)enen92 Wrote: [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B] As you all may know, google code will shut down in June or something. I need to find an alternative repository for this plugin (github is not an option).
I also want to change the name of the plugin. It has to be something related to peer-to-peer or live without any mentions to streams/stream.
I am open to suggestions.[/B]

I don't use this plugin much nowadays so if simply there is no interest in helping or giving suggestions I assume there is also no interest in the plugin. If that's the case I'll simply drop support to it.
This addon is great and I'm sure many people feel the same and appreciate all your hard work on this. I'm on openelec and am vaguely hoping one day that acestream can be accessed on the arm version one day. As I miss acestream Sad

Now regarding names could only think of a couple iPeer, Peer Live, Peer TV, Share TV etc Sad
It has to be a single word and not contain strange characters such as "-", "_" or others. This is not in the official repository but I still like to follow the guidelines as much as possibe.

They haven't updated the engine in a while now, it looks like last year. They spent too much time without updating it and then in one month they've updated it 3 or 4 times lol.
Fingers crossed one day then. I removed android and installed openelec on my mx2. My box is much smoother and reliable now but the only one thing I miss is the acestream compatibly.

Enenp2p
Peerkodi
Smile
Hi there,

p2p-stream is not working on Kodi for QNAP.

When loading modules on boot, it asks if I am running OPENELEC:
- If I press "no" (which is the case), when trying to play anything, it says "Couldn't find the Acestream or Sopcast links"
- If I press "yes", it seems to find the engines (the message above is not showing), but they do not work. Sopcast links do nothing, and acestream links always return "the URL could not be open or invalid" message.

I think it is something related to the path in which QNAP stores the engines. I tried to modify start.sh (for acestream) and sop.sh (for sopcast) in order to include the right path, but still nothing.

Any suggestion will be more than welcome, since it is my favourite add-on!
(2015-03-20, 17:00)kalma Wrote: Hi there,

p2p-stream is not working on Kodi for QNAP.

When loading modules on boot, it asks if I am running OPENELEC:
- If I press "no" (which is the case), when trying to play anything, it says "Couldn't find the Acestream or Sopcast links"
- If I press "yes", it seems to find the engines (the message above is not showing), but they do not work. Sopcast links do nothing, and acestream links always return "the URL could not be open or invalid" message.

I think it is something related to the path in which QNAP stores the engines. I tried to modify start.sh (for acestream) and sop.sh (for sopcast) in order to include the right path, but still nothing.

Any suggestion will be more than welcome, since it is my favourite add-on!
Check the permissions on all your sopcast files. See my posts on a previous page in this thread regarding my sopcast issue. Acestream engine may not be compatible if you're on a arm device like my openelec box.
Well, after a number of tries, Not very sure how, but I got Sopcast working on my QNAP HD_Station. I just removed everything (using an SSH connection). Then I installed P2P-Streams again, from the P2P-Streams repository.

Nevertheless acestream doesn't work yet. It says "Acestream not installed", though the modules have beed downloaded and I can see the acestream folder on the plugin.video.p2p-stream folder. Again, I copied start.sh modified with the right path, but I didn't get it to work.

Any idea?
Sorry, tedbaker, I was writing while you posted your answer. Besides that, I have been searching for QNAP entries but I found nothing. I will search again to find your previous post.

Regarding acestream, my QNAP (TS-251C) has an Intel Celeron CPU, so I believe that is not the case.

Thx a lot for your answer.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14