Release AUTOMATIC (and/or manual) AUDIO SWITCHER for different Audio Output
I have a great announcement regarding the (Automatic) Audio Profile: thanks to excellent work by @Reggs we will soon have a very advanced and an all around solution to (Automatic) Audio Profile switching that will cover (probably) all the requirements listed, mentioned, asked in this thread.

I asked Reggs, who is the developer of the great Audio Profiles Add-on, if he could implement into his advanced add-on the automatic detection feature that marv_el started and LaggAt improved. He was quick to respond and very open to the suggestion, and already came up with a solution. We are currently testing the add-on.

What does it mean? Well, Reggs' Audio Profile add-on is a very powerful one: you can set your custom audio profiles AND also include Video settings to each profile you created. Then you can assign a remote button or any keymap to the add-on that 1) toggles between your custom audio profiles AND/OR 2) switches directly to the profile you want (if you have two profiles, you can assign a button on the remote or keyboard to each profile).
It is so powerful that you can even set the Video settings for each profile. Consider the following use case:

You have two profiles, 1) HDMI 2) SPDIF. You have an AVR with digital input, and a TV with a HDMI input.
For 1) HDMI profile you want to disable DD and DTS digital encoding if TV doesn't support it, you want passthrough disabled, and you want Sync Audio to Video enabled, etc.
For 2) SPDIF profile you want DD and DTS enabled, since your AVR is capable of decoding these streams, you want passthrough enabled, and if passthrough is enabled, you want (need) to disable Sync Audio to Video, etc.

And, of course, you can modify any Audio or Video option for each profile to your needs.

Here comes the new addition: Reggs added automatic content detection for Movies, TV shows, PVR (yes, finally Live TV is also detected), Music, and GUI. You can set which content type should be automatically detected on playback start, assign a profile to the content, and Audio Profiles will automatically switch to that profile based on the content you play. This is so awesome, I'm really excited! Of course, you can still manually override the detection with the toggle audio profile key mapped on your remote.

An example (this is what I use). I have an older AVR without HDMI, but with Digital input. It is quite a good AVR with decent stereo performance too, and I use it for home cinema with DD5.1 and DTS too. I have two profiles configured:

1) HDMI: this is for TV when I want the sound only from my TV. When I watch news on PVR, or kids just watch a cartoon, for me most of the time the sound from TV is enough. I have Sync Audio to Video enabled to have perfect match, DD and DTS transcoding enabled in Kodi, passthrough disabled.
2) SPDIF: when I listen to music, I use this profile, and the AVR is turned ON. I don't want my TV turned on for music, so I use Yatse or Kore to control music playback. Until now, I had to press a button on the remote to toggle between the two profiles (or use Yatse to send a keyboard command, I used this version more since I use CEC and it doesn't work when TV is turned off).

Now with automatic content detection, I have assigned Movies, PVR, TV shows to Profile 1 (which is HDMI) and when I start any of these content, this audio profile is used automatically. I have Music assigned to Profile 2 (which is SPDIF) and when I start music playback, the SPDIF profile is automatically used and sound comes from my AVR. Everything is automated!
If I want to use my AVR with a movie, then I just press the toggle button on my remote, and it switches to SPDIF from HDMI.

Check out Audio Profiles Add-on thread for official details and gallery.
Wiki: Add-on:Audio Profiles

Finally, I would like to say a big thanks to all of the developers who contributed and did this fantastic job and provided us with this excellent add-on: marv_el, LaggAt, and special thanks goes to Reggs. Guys, your work makes Kodi such an excellent piece of software, thanks for all your hard work and time devoted to this (and many other) project(s)!

Messages In This Thread
RE: AUTOMATIC (and/or manual) AUDIO SWITCHER for different Audio Output - by gurabli - 2017-01-30, 16:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AUTOMATIC (and/or manual) AUDIO SWITCHER for different Audio Output1