• 5(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
@Phil & BigNoid : Do you think it would be easier if you changed the name of your skins ?

Right now v4 and v5 are really different. Something like Aeon Inspiration or Aeon Inspired for BigNoid's skin, and Aeon Extended for Phil's skin.
People might get confused if they don't know the story behind the two versions. I know I always keep my skins up to date, and that means I would have gone with v5. But I have strong hardware and enjoy the addition in Phil's mod, so I use v4 instead.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think BigNoid's version of the skin is called "Aeon Nox 5: Redux"?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
I will rename my version soon to avoid confusion. not ready for a release yet though.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
ok Wink
Maybe BN should do it too, as his skin is different from aeon nox v4.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
And v4 was different from v3 and v3 was different from v2 and so on Tongue
(2014-08-29, 16:20)BigNoid Wrote: And v4 was different from v3 and v3 was different from v2 and so on Tongue
And this is problem becouse beginers when see skin v3 v4 v5 think last version is last developers aorginal skin aeon but when look to v4 and v5 see alot changes and 30% difrent skin.
I think best is made new name or update when based on v5 like this v5.1, v5.2, ......
(2014-08-29, 21:17)cezar Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 16:20)BigNoid Wrote: And v4 was different from v3 and v3 was different from v2 and so on Tongue
And this is problem becouse beginers when see skin v3 v4 v5 think last version is last developers aorginal skin aeon but when look to v4 and v5 see alot changes and 30% difrent skin.
I think best is made new name or update when based on v5 like this v5.1, v5.2, ......

And who would coordinate all these being developed by different users all based on the same skin? Surely you can see that the public nature of this software would make that sort of system impractical at best. Too easy for different mods to have the same version numbers on the more popular skins just because the modders were creating them at the same time.

New users will need to take new skins for a test drive anyway. It's the only good way to decide if you like a skin or not. If you like it you keep it. If not you delete it and try another. Names really have little to do with that.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Awesome to finally see Maniac's LiveTV mod merged with Aeon Nox 4 Big Grin

@Phil will you consider implementing the icon color mod by Neurosis13 for your skin in the far future -
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157923
@Maniac
Are you planing to fix epg colors as well ?
Yes I will fix it, sorry about that Smile

In the meantime, if you have your own epg-genre icons, you can place them under: /media/new_pvr/epg-genres/

When I apply the fix, it will be the original path: /media/epg-genres/
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2014-08-30, 13:47)Maniac Wrote: Yes I will fix it, sorry about that Smile

In the meantime, if you have your own epg-genre icons, you can place them under: /media/new_pvr/epg-genres/

When I apply the fix, it will be the original path: /media/epg-genres/

Thanks.

@phil65
Latest git version seems to have a corrupt power menu, when i try to edit submenu it returns a skin shortcuts error.
the submenu is on WIP i think ..
(2014-08-30, 16:16)MaxCore Wrote: the submenu is on WIP i think ..

correct. Wink

(2014-08-30, 12:35)noonzascript Wrote: Awesome to finally see Maniac's LiveTV mod merged with Aeon Nox 4 Big Grin

@Phil will you consider implementing the icon color mod by Neurosis13 for your skin in the far future -
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157923

nope, sorry, i hate coloured icons Angel
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
also thx to maniac for merging in his PVR changes. I am not using that part of XBMC at the moment so help in that area is greatly appreciated. Smile
Great about the PVR changes! I like those colored icons also. but I think these should stay as a optional mod Smile
I am still using Warlions 4.1.9 version until you have had time to fix a little bit more with your (original) version. I love the map feature and I am also a big fan of the extended info script.
Keep up the good work phil65 Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11