• 4(current)
Kodi has stopped working
I'm running skin widgets + Helix beta 5 DSPlayer build + Aeon MQ5 Helix mod. The only thing that is making it crash is YATSE. I've tried it twice since yesterday and it crashed both times I tried to pause the video with YATSE.
(2014-12-03, 20:59)clubwerks Wrote: I'm running skin widgets + Helix beta 5 DSPlayer build + Aeon MQ5 Helix mod. The only thing that is making it crash is YATSE. I've tried it twice since yesterday and it crashed both times I tried to pause the video with YATSE.

Strange, the only thing that works for me at the moment is YATSE, the "play to kodi" addon for chrome crash it almost instant, and after i updated to kodi my controller keep going left until it's unplugged, so im controlling my HTPC via yatse on my phone.
To be clear, YATSE doesn't always crash my install, only when I do certain things, like pausing. Could have just been coincidence.
Do you have same crashes with latest builds?
Yes.
(2014-12-08, 22:14)Karlson2k Wrote: Do you have same crashes with latest builds?

I'm not sure if i found something here.. But at first it just worked with RC2, then i went to sleep and now when i wake up i wanted to listen to Spotify, and when i run SpotiMC the first time after the upgrade to RC2, it comes with a popup saying something about skin, and it need to restart.. After the restart it crashes once more just like before with RC1. Every time i use/open the extension "Play to XBMC/Kodi" in chrome on my gamer computer on LAN.

EDIT: Luckily i found out that RC3 came out while i was sleeping, and so far (Knock on wood) no crashes, and i didn't get the popup running SpotiMC after upgrading RC2 to RC3, so as for now all i got of problems (That came with the update to Kodi from gotham), if this one stays away is my Razor Sabertooth controller going left all the time unless i unplug it.

EDIT 2: After i came home i had it happen once more, was watching True Detective and used the Chrome extension to skip back to see what i missed after a call, and when i skipped back i got the "Kodi has stopped working".
Now when i open it up and go to make a debug log, i can skip all i want in it and nothing happens, so at least i can reproduce it as easy anymore as before. But it still happens..
Regarding the skins, i got only 2 skins in my active skins, and it's Confluence, and REtouched, i can't seem to disable the REtouched one if thats the one breaking it..
Kodi also crashes on RC3 (with activated skin.widget)
None of us can seems to reproduce the issue. So what we cannot reproduce, we can not fix
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK, if you still experience crashes, post your debug log, please.
If you had even single crash with latest build and can't reproduce it, post your debug log with last run. But log with crash is preferable.
I have just updated Kodi to RC3, but I still have the same crashes as with previous versions.
Sometimes when starting Kodi, I get the 'Kodi stopped working' message. The log contains the following error messages:
Code:
22:36:49 T:5600   ERROR: EXCEPTION: access_violation
22:36:49 T:5600   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: access_violation
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 134, in onDatabaseUpdated
                                                self.update_listitems(database)
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 121, in _update
                                                LIBRARY._fetch_recommended_episodes()
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\library.py", line 240, in _fetch_recommended_episodes
                                                json_query2 = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes", "params": {"tvshowid": %d, "properties": ["title", "playcount", "plot", "season", "episode", "showtitle", "file", "lastplayed", "rating", "resume", "art", "streamdetails", "firstaired", "runtime", "writer", "cast", "dateadded"], "sort": {"method": "episode"}, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "is", "value": "0"}, "limits": {"end": 1}}, "id": 1}' %item['tvshowid'])
                                            RuntimeError: access_violation
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Amelsfort, thanks!
Need a full debug log.
Hope problem will be identified soon with your help.

I need full debug log before crash and additionally enable in settings -> System -> Debugging -> "Enable component specific logging" and "Specify component-specific logging..." -> "Verbose logging for json-rpc requests".
Thanks!
It took me a few restarts, but I got it to crash again.
The logs are available here: http://www.amelsfort.nl/kodi.txt

Although I'm not sure if this is the same exception now.
Note: I do have my database running on a separate server.
Looks like it wasn't written to log.
Try with "json-rpc" logging, please.
Do all you guys who have crashes run an mysql server by any chance?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi has stopped working4