• 22(current)
Dolby atmos
If you have dropped frames during playback (not at the start of the movie) there is something wrong with the acceleration maybe driver or something is not working as it should. If i play a movie no matter which codec even HEVC i have a CPU usage of about 20% and no dropped frames and my CPU is an old AMD Phenom X6.

As i switched from Kodi 16 to Kodi 17 i have had some issues with HEVC and 4k. I could only solve this by using Windows 10. I guess the drivers of my GPU (GTX 950) wasn't well supported in Win 7, maybe missing api functions.
After i have switched to Win 10 64bit all issues was solved. I use this setup more than 12 months now. I have never updated my GPU drivers or Win 10 because it's working.
If you disable 'Sync playback to display' Kodi shouldn't touch the playback speed and the frames. If you have dropped frames now there is definitely something wrong with your HW or drivers. Maybe an incompatibility netween your devices. Very hard to tell.

If your HW is capable only enable WASAPI and passthrough and all should be fine. I guess i remember something was wrong with Kodi 16 and Atmos because of the metada not passing through but i can be wrong.
It's hard to get you an advice because of so much possibilities with the HW, OS, drivers and so on.
I have build some HTPC for my buddies and all i can tell is i always use Win10 64bit, an NVIDIA GPU (often GTX 950) some cheap mainboards and CPU and Kodi 17. I never experienced such issues like audio drops or stuttering or bad movement in the picture/audio.
Yes, it's really hard to tell what is causing this.
Other users also experienced Atmos dropouts - in this thread.
I will update my GPU drivers as they are 3 years old.
Will keep you posted.
Thank you for your help!

PS: Is there a way to keep all the settings if I completely remove all my Kodi installations?
Backup.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes? Details?
Backup the Kodi folder in users roaming folder?
There is a backup addon, but yes what you suggest should do it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK, thanks.
Any thoughts from a developer about issues mentioned above? Wink
Nope, no luck with the fresh driver either. I also tried the 16.1 Jarvis version and this one is even worse. Atmos interrupts and picture movement is unsmooth when "Sync playback to display" is disabled.
I'm opening a new thread, I'd really like this to be solved if possible.
Hello, i have a problem that i hope you guys can help me solve it Smile.
First, i am using an NVidia Shield and an Onkyo ht-s5805 that is Atmos enabled and i am trying to get it to work with Kodi. I have the latest version on the Shield but every movie that has atmos audio it only plays it in truehd. Is there a setting that i need to make to get Kodi to work with atmos sound? Also i have used MXPlayer and it works with atmos sound but unfortunately i have a lot of audio drops when i play it with that player.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3