• 82(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
(2015-09-06, 13:42)THagen Wrote: Yes, I know the reason for the library. I am asking because I have a lot of devices running Kodi, some of which has a (very) limited amount of memory available. I know I can use mysql or UPnP to centralize the library information, but that would require an additional unit to run these services. So, that's why I was hoping there was some way I could show the information stored in the nfo-files without using the library.

I did some tests and it's not a good idea to read this info from the nfo files, especially on your lower powered devices.
The only way to get it reasonable fast is by caching the content in memory, which would consume a lot of memory which you don''t have ;-)
Why not use the Kodi library ? It does not take a lot of memory or space to use that, it's very efficient.
(2015-09-03, 22:14)malvinas2 Wrote: would it be possible to extract the language of the audiostreams as given within the nfo-file and display the information in the movie list and/or movie detail information?

I have added this today, will be available in next beta version 3.5.5
(2015-09-11, 22:51)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 13:42)THagen Wrote: Yes, I know the reason for the library. I am asking because I have a lot of devices running Kodi, some of which has a (very) limited amount of memory available. I know I can use mysql or UPnP to centralize the library information, but that would require an additional unit to run these services. So, that's why I was hoping there was some way I could show the information stored in the nfo-files without using the library.

I did some tests and it's not a good idea to read this info from the nfo files, especially on your lower powered devices.
The only way to get it reasonable fast is by caching the content in memory, which would consume a lot of memory which you don''t have ;-)
Why not use the Kodi library ? It does not take a lot of memory or space to use that, it's very efficient.

I hear you, and I'm beginning to lean towards the library solution myself, although I would (strongly) prefer to have all the information centralized. After all, all images (folder, movie, fanart etc.) is stored within the same directory as the movie itself (like the nfo-file), and displaying these images doesn't harm performance that much. I really don't see why displaying some of the information from the nfo-file (which after all is text only) should have such a huge additional negative impact on performance. But, if that's what happens...
@THagen, you can leave all your info in the media folders. Just set your scraper to local info only and you're all set.
(2015-09-12, 01:35)marcelveldt Wrote: @THagen, you can leave all your info in the media folders. Just set your scraper to local info only and you're all set.

I know that, I was only interested in not having a copy of the library on every device, and having to refresh these libraries on all of them when the information changed. Besides the library would take up some of my valuable space since some of these devices (Fire TV - Intel Compute Stick - Meegopad - Raspberrys...) don't have too much memory. It works pretty well today, and all images are displayed correctly. The only thing missing (as I see it), is some of the information stored in the nfo-file, like the <outline>-info which is displayed when the library is used.
(2015-09-11, 22:52)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 22:14)malvinas2 Wrote: would it be possible to extract the language of the audiostreams as given within the nfo-file and display the information in the movie list and/or movie detail information?
Thank you!
I don't want to appear impolite, but I forgot to mention the extraction of the subtitles language as well in my first post. It woud be great, if you could also add support for them.
(2015-09-12, 01:56)THagen Wrote: I know that, I was only interested in not having a copy of the library on every device, and having to refresh these libraries on all of them when the information changed. Besides the library would take up some of my valuable space since some of these devices (Fire TV - Intel Compute Stick - Meegopad - Raspberrys...) don't have too much memory. It works pretty well today, and all images are displayed correctly. The only thing missing (as I see it), is some of the information stored in the nfo-file, like the <outline>-info which is displayed when the library is used.

In the "assign content" settings, set the scraper to "local info only", that way no stuff will be scraped, just the info from the nfo will be taken.
Offcourse you can set one of your httpc's to actually use a scraper.

The database will only take a few MB's of your space. For example if you have about 200 movies and 16000 episodes the Db size is about 5 - 10 MB.

Offcourse using a centralized solution with mysql or Emby will work much better but this will suit your needs.

The point I'm trying to tell you is that adding some sort of background worker that actually reads the nfo file to get the info realtime will perform slow, eats cpu and memory while this is by default available if you just use the Kodi library which is optimized to do this task even on very low power devices.
(2015-09-13, 17:33)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 01:56)THagen Wrote: I know that, I was only interested in not having a copy of the library on every device, and having to refresh these libraries on all of them when the information changed. Besides the library would take up some of my valuable space since some of these devices (Fire TV - Intel Compute Stick - Meegopad - Raspberrys...) don't have too much memory. It works pretty well today, and all images are displayed correctly. The only thing missing (as I see it), is some of the information stored in the nfo-file, like the <outline>-info which is displayed when the library is used.

In the "assign content" settings, set the scraper to "local info only", that way no stuff will be scraped, just the info from the nfo will be taken.
Offcourse you can set one of your httpc's to actually use a scraper.

The database will only take a few MB's of your space. For example if you have about 200 movies and 16000 episodes the Db size is about 5 - 10 MB.

Offcourse using a centralized solution with mysql or Emby will work much better but this will suit your needs.

The point I'm trying to tell you is that adding some sort of background worker that actually reads the nfo file to get the info realtime will perform slow, eats cpu and memory while this is by default available if you just use the Kodi library which is optimized to do this task even on very low power devices.

Off course you're right, and I fully understand that getting the information from the nfo-file is not something that should be interpreted by a specific skin, but maybe rather by Kodi itself.
So, I will follow your advice, and maybe go for mysql or something like that.
Still, I can't help feeling that since all the images are handled properly (or at least adequately), the extra overhead that would come from adding some pure text from the nfo-file would be (close to) negligible.
Then again, I fully appreciate the work done by all the skin developers (Titan developer in particular), and realize that this is probably not their responsibility.
Can the live TV OSD guide button open the full guide as an option. The small side guide is ok, but not fantastic when you want to see what is on for the rest of the night. I think people with limited remote buttons will use the OSDs a lot.

Can there be forced views for PVR recorded TV section. I use Thumbs with grouping in the root recorded TV folder, then a detailed list view for each group. Having to change the view to list for each programme is a pain :-)
(2015-09-11, 22:52)marcelveldt Wrote:
I tried beta 3.5.5 and it works. But at the moment just the language of the first audio stream is displayed, right? The idea was to notice at first glance "This movie has got an english and a dutch stream, that movie just has got the original english stream, but at least dutch subtitles and another movie only possess an english stream, nothing else".
(2015-09-14, 21:50)malvinas2 Wrote: I tried beta 3.5.5 and it works. But at the moment just the language of the first audio stream is displayed, right? The idea was to notice at first glance "This movie has got an english and a dutch stream, that movie just has got the original english stream, but at least dutch subtitles and another movie only possess an english stream, nothing else".

Well, that can be done. As of Isengard that info is available in Kodi. My only concern is that the list of all media info in the footer will be very long so it will overlap with the logo image which is there by default. I can add this in but with a condition that it will only display in the library (not in widgets or the osd) and only if the clearlogo isn't enabled in the footer
Great, sounds like a very sensible suggestion.
(2015-09-14, 00:32)browned Wrote: Can the live TV OSD guide button open the full guide as an option. The small side guide is ok, but not fantastic when you want to see what is on for the rest of the night. I think people with limited remote buttons will use the OSDs a lot.

Can there be forced views for PVR recorded TV section. I use Thumbs with grouping in the root recorded TV folder, then a detailed list view for each group. Having to change the view to list for each programme is a pain :-)

1) I'm afraid that's not possible. I have been looking myself too to create this but it isn't supported by Kodi atm to open the full (or half) guide on top of the fullscreen live TV. But it's a feature request for Kodi itself so maybe someday it will be possible.

2) I can add forced views for PVR recordings yes, but only for the "main" level. Not possible to have a different forced view for recordings sublevel I'm afraid.
Hi Marcel,

I like the option to have a start-up screen in some skins like AppTV. Startup screen options are Skin Image, Custom Image, Custom Video or Blank.
Hi Marcel,

For submenu and spotlights the selection seems to be press left to go right currently. This may already be on your list.

For music, are your bringing back the option for 'Track: 2/14 Next:' or was that a design decision?
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4