misc settings and errors help
I am having a little trouble with a few things and would appreciate some assistance.

1. Openelec + gotham + plugged in external drive = how do I re-add my source. It's been a year since I've messed with adding, but I just removed today and can't possibly find the path. Seems like it was easy before..... I can't find it by using the wiki guide either...

2. If I remove a SET, is there a way to have xbmc scrape the nfos to readd or do I have to dump the source and scrape everything?

3. It seems that when I pause vids, the sometimes skip ahead 10min and pause...causing me to seek back 10. Any idea what causes this? I may blame my junky Time Warner remote keys....but not sure.

4. If I clear my sources, well a also have to manually wipe the folders with the image caches and the textures13 file? I figured xbmc would do it, but doesn't always seem correct. I just don't want tons of junk images. I only have a 16gb hd =( ...chromebox... It'll wipe my skin to confluence if I max out.

Thanks for any advice!
1. Offhand, I'm not sure, but it should show up automatically, so something might be wrong.

2. See refresh (wiki). Basically, you can refresh individually or you can remove a source and rescan.

3. That's strange, and shouldn't happen. I'd try to reproduce this with a debug log running and see if a keypress is happening.

4. Currently XBMC/Kodi has no garbage collection, so junk images will stay. There is interest in cleaning this up with some future feature, but no one has time to work on it yet. However, there is a nifty utility from Milhouse that can delete unused images from the cache: Texture Cache Maintenance utility (wiki)
Thanks for the info! I'll dig more for my drive. No clue. The cache tool seems more complicated than a full dump. I don't understand any of it.

Pretty sure my remote is junked...It's too sticky for xbmc. Tv is fine, but...not here.
1 added issue... my WiFi works great in my house. Last week, xbmc stopped connecting. Secure. Unsecure. Nothing reset default router. Also, my nas works on my WiFi, but stopped projecting on my 4g phone away from home. Settings or is my router trashed?

Thanks
Wifi is a mysterious beast. Actually, any RF communication is a mysterious beast. It's very easy for many factors to come into play, even when it seems like nothing has changed. I'd use a wifi scanner app to see if maybe a neighbor has a new wifi decide, or where there might be dips in the signal. Sometimes even moving furniture can have an impact and either improve or weaken reception, at least on border-line cases. Maybe it is the router, or it could be the wifi adapter on the XBMC box. Maybe a minor update to OpenELEC changed a wifi driver that causes issues. It can be many different things, and it basically becomes a game of trying to eliminate the possible culprits.
Noted. Im pretty sure I updated OE and it died right after, but my nas remote access too? 10 year old router. She's had a good life. Time for a sexier, younger lady.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
misc settings and errors help0