• 12(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
dynaflash Wrote:question have you had it working decent with dirty region in git head for xbmc ? I am running git head on my atv 1 linux and it seems okay but was curious if you've noticed any issues.

I have noticed a glitch only with a horizontal scroll in a skin build I'm working on ATM, everything else was fine.

As, you will probably disable additional views and leave only INFOLIST to make it close to ATV2, you should be good to go.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I have noticed a glitch only with a horizontal scroll in a skin build I'm working on ATM, everything else was fine.

As, you will probably disable additional views and leave only INFOLIST to make it close to ATV2, you should be good to go.

Well, I am still doing a touch of customizing etc. but kudo's to a most excellent skin. Are you planning to keep developing quartz or is it pretty much where you want it ? The reason I ask is only because I might take a play (with your permission) at adding some detail such as description and mpaa rating to the individual movie list view right under where the cover art is. Thoughts ?
dynaflash Wrote:Well, I am still doing a touch of customizing etc. but kudo's to a most excellent skin. Are you planning to keep developing quartz or is it pretty much where you want it ? The reason I ask is only because I might take a play (with your permission) at adding some detail such as description and mpaa rating to the individual movie list view right under where the cover art is. Thoughts ?

How about posting some mockups about what you're after and they may end up as part of a new release :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Maybe I didn't search hard enough, but is there a way to change the View from always being on list?

I was kind of hoping to enable wide icons on my AppleTV2.

I'm using the latest nightly, by the way, but I'm also having the same result on my Windows PC

Thanks!
spid3y7 Wrote:Maybe I didn't search hard enough, but is there a way to change the View from always being on list?

In addons? If so, it will be available in new release, sorry.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

dynaflash Wrote:The reason I ask is only because I might take a play (with your permission) at adding some detail such as description and mpaa rating to the individual movie list view right under where the cover art is. Thoughts ?

pecinko Wrote:How about posting some mockups about what you're after and they may end up as part of a new release :-)

And, of course, anyone is free to MOD the skin. In above post I was just offering a possibility to incorporate things, if they prove to be useful for the other users too.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:How about posting some mockups about what you're after and they may end up as part of a new release :-)

Well, I am sure you are familiar with the atv os layout for the movie list view but if not have attached it here. I am thinking something kind of like this or a cross between this and what !Transparency offers in terms of movie info at a glance. Of course keeping in line with your light weight theme and motif. I just think a touch of quick at-a-glance info per movie would be helpful as opposed to just the cover art. I also think the mpaa rating would be nice for those in a family oriented environment.

Thoughts ?

dynaflash Wrote:I am thinking something kind of like this or a cross between this and what !Transparency offers in terms of movie info at a glance. Of course keeping in line

So, just to make sure we're on the same boat - you would like to have more info in a list itself, so you don't have to wait for animation (where those info is presented on left side) in List+info view?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:So, just to make sure we're on the same boat - you would like to have more info in a list itself, so you don't have to wait for animation (where those info is presented on left side) in List+info view?

well, that i have seen there is no such info in this view in quartz
maybe I didn't wait long enough ?
dynaflash Wrote:well, that i have seen there is no such info in this view in quartz
maybe I didn't wait long enough ?

Hmm.. did you disable some of the views? What's missing is extended info in a list itself, rest of it should be there:

Info shows after 1 sec delay, much similar to ATV2.

And you can choose alt info panel from left menu options, if you don't care about the plot:

Extended info in list itself is already finished and will be in next release. It will look similar to this:

I would gladly consider any suggestion, especially if it's towards better usability or user experience.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:In addons? If so, it will be available in new release, sorry.

On the left hand side menu. An option for View:Large Icons, like in the Confluence skin:

Quartz:

Other than that, this is the best skin I've tried!!
pecinko Wrote:Hmm.. did you disable some of the views? What's missing is extended info in a list itself, rest of it should be there:

Um, okay my sincere apologies for posting before I really looked deeper, seems list was default and like a monstrous idiot I did not look further. I am so sorry for wasting your time. The skin totally rocks!

Only thing is now I have it set right but for some reason am not getting the mpaa rating showing up, my suspicion is I have something set wrong. The rest is all there.
spid3y7 Wrote:On the left hand side menu. An option for View:Large Icons, like in the Confluence skin:

Already in new release, fingers crossed so I finish it soon.

EDIT: What happens when you switch to Icons+info view for TV Shows?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

dynaflash Wrote:Only thing is now I have it set right but for some reason am not getting the mpaa rating showing up, my suspicion is I have something set wrong.

Cool, I should probably think about how to make it more obvious.

There might be a problem with _some_ of MPAA is not showing up. Most of the rating marks should be visible as in screens above.

Nothing to do on your side except for ensuring MPAA data are being scraped.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Already in new release, fingers crossed so I finish it soon.

EDIT: What happens when you switch to Icons+info view for TV Shows?

On AppleTV2, nothing, the only option there is View:List
I'm using the latest nightly in AppleTV2

On my PC, I have the following options: List, Icons, Fanart

Don't see +info anywhere, even though none of those view options are disabled
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12