• 66(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Peter911 Wrote:Hi,

Thanks for Update! May be a Bug?: if i select a custom Icon in Homeshelf for the Foto section the shelf is empty...

Regards,
Peter

Yes, it's a bug. Will be fixed in next release. Thanks!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Yes, it's a bug. Will be fixed in next release. Thanks!

I have also added reflection for custom images so it now matches the rest of shelf items.

I'll push updated version tonight. It would be good to know if there are any other issues that needs hot fix.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have just installed xbmc.repo.pecinkos-1.0.0.zip (version 2.0.4) repository on my ATV (silver) running XBMC Eden Beta 3? When I maneuver to Enabled Add-Ons/Skin/Quartz, I can only access the "Change Log" function at the bottom of the page. I cannot switch to Uninstall, Disable, Update, Setting or Rollback. How do I activate these choices or is this a compatibility issue?

I also has a problem with the QUIT function :
1. SHUTDOWN will result in a Black Screen, only way to restart is to pull the plug
2. QUIT will consistently result in "Error:XBMC/BOXEE exited with status:6"
3. REBOOT freezes the screen.

Is this repository incompatible with ATV (silver) and/or XBMC Beta 3? I am a novice at this and would appreciate any help given.
I mostly listen to my music via Spotify on XBMC Airplay.

Is it possible to make the Airplay graphic in the skin similar to the new music playing view you just made?
The Real Skimshady
simbafish Wrote:I have just installed xbmc.repo.pecinkos-1.0.0.zip (version 2.0.4) repository on my ATV (silver) running XBMC Eden Beta 3? When I maneuver to Enabled Add-Ons/Skin/Quartz, I can only access the "Change Log" function at the bottom of the page. I cannot switch to Uninstall, Disable, Update, Setting or Rollback. How do I activate these choices or is this a compatibility issue?

I have no idea why would you want to uninstall such a great skinSmile but problem is most probably that you can't uninstall skin that is currently in use. Switch to Confluence to do this.

I would recommend using latest version 3 on ATV, which you need to install from ZIP. There is more info on first page of this thread.

Quote:I also has a problem with the QUIT function :
1. SHUTDOWN will result in a Black Screen, only way to restart is to pull the plug
2. QUIT will consistently result in "Error:XBMC/BOXEE exited with status:6"
3. REBOOT freezes the screen.

I'm afraid this is not skin related as skin only sends "xbmc.reboot" command. What happens next is between XBMC and OS on your device.

Quote:Is this repository incompatible with ATV (silver) and/or XBMC Beta 3? I am a novice at this and would appreciate any help given.

Repository is compatible with any XBMC compatible device running Eden (Beta 3). I'm not familiar with ATV 1 maybe Dynaflash could be of more help here?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

bthusby Wrote:I mostly listen to my music via Spotify on XBMC Airplay.

Is it possible to make the Airplay graphic in the skin similar to the new music playing view you just made?

I just display there what XBMC gives me. I guess album art or other info is not available with Airplay.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for the reply and the information provided. Here is what I have found since posting my question earlier.

1. I tried to SSH version 3 to the ATV1 but Cyberduck now state, "FTP Error: Upload failed. 553/(name of repository): Read - only system." I'm on an iMac with OS 10.6.8. I have always used Cyberduck to SSH to the ATV1 without a problem. In fact, I used it this morning to transfer your program to the ATV1. Now that I have installed Quartz, transfers are no long possible. I get the above message with any transfer I now attempt. What has happened? I uninstalled Quartz while in Confluence, reinstalled XBMC Eden Beta 3 and rebooted the ATV Finder. Still I can no longer SSH files to the ATV. Preference for Cyberduck are as initially set up, so nothing changed. I can still "see" in Cyberduck the ATV folders/files on my desktop, just cannot transfer anything to it.

2. I was able to switch from Quartz to Confluence, but not the reverse. How do I get back into Quartz.? Uninstall and then reinstall? Is there a shortcut?

3. You say,"I'm afraid this (quitting) is not skin related as skin only sends "xbmc.reboot" command.' However, I NEVER had this problem before installing Quartz. Quitting from within Confluence skin has never been a problem, and is still possible, but not in Quartz.

I do like the appearance and capabilities of your XBMC skin, and only hope I can solve the above problems so it becomes usable/stable.
pecinko Wrote:Repository is compatible with any XBMC compatible device running Eden (Beta 3). I'm not familiar with ATV 1 maybe Dynaflash could be of more help here?

Both the repo and the supplied Quartz 3.x beta zips are extremely ATV 1 compatible. As said switch to Confluence to install the zip. You won't be disappointed.

As far as the skin or xbmc (or even the stock apple atv os) rebooting from software ... it doesn't work due to the atv 1's hardware which is more than I care to get at here, but suffice it to say its why there is no restart or shutdown on even stock atv os. Just the simple plug to unplug.

I will say one thing ... running Quartz 3.0.3 on xbmc Eden beta 3 on a linux / Crystal BroadcomHD equipped Atv 1 ... I have the same UI speed as I do running the same on my I5 MacBook Pro. Now that is saying something. Note that the CHD chip does nothing to speed up the UI that is only done by the 1 ghz measly atv 1 CPU. Now, that is a very light skin to be sure!

Now of course playing back and displaying 1080p video .... that would be where the chd shines .... but I digress!

* dynaflash watches pecinko hit it over the fence and out of the park!
simbafish: In reading your post above ... I should stipulate that I have not tried the skin on an xbmc(osx) modified atv 1. Only on a xbmc(linux) modified atv 1.
Thanks dynaflash for taking an interest in my XBMC problem(s). Right now I am experimenting, seeing if I can download the userdata folder from the ATV1 XBMC via Cyberduck SSH. So far (half way), all goes well. I did this last night without a hitch, but did more work on my video files this morning (after installing Quartz) and would like the "latest" before everything goes haywire. Thanks again.
hey pecinko. great skin. really like the simplicity of it.

i specially like the part that you can change title on the homescreen (quartz2)

i have a small problem... i've changed "videos" to Cartoons and then added the folder Cartoons to my favorites and then changed the "opens" to that favorite...

but if i open the new menupoint "cartoons", it gives me the attached screen...

if i go to favorite > cartoons it opens up all the cartoons just right.

tried with latest eden 3 beta on windows . will test later with xbmcbuntu.
simbafish Wrote:Thanks for the reply and the information provided. Here is what I have found since posting my question earlier.

1. I tried to SSH version 3 to the ATV1 but Cyberduck now state, "FTP Error: Upload failed. 553/(name of repository): Read - only system." I'm on an iMac with OS 10.6.8. I have always used Cyberduck to SSH to the ATV1 without a problem. In fact, I used it this morning to transfer your program to the ATV1. Now that I have installed Quartz, transfers are no long possible. I get the above message with any transfer I now attempt. What has happened? I uninstalled Quartz while in Confluence, reinstalled XBMC Eden Beta 3 and rebooted the ATV Finder. Still I can no longer SSH files to the ATV. Preference for Cyberduck are as initially set up, so nothing changed. I can still "see" in Cyberduck the ATV folders/files on my desktop, just cannot transfer anything to it.

2. I was able to switch from Quartz to Confluence, but not the reverse. How do I get back into Quartz.? Uninstall and then reinstall? Is there a shortcut?

3. You say,"I'm afraid this (quitting) is not skin related as skin only sends "xbmc.reboot" command.' However, I NEVER had this problem before installing Quartz. Quitting from within Confluence skin has never been a problem, and is still possible, but not in Quartz.

I do like the appearance and capabilities of your XBMC skin, and only hope I can solve the above problems so it becomes usable/stable.

I believe you have troubles, but this can't be skin related as Quartz sends the same command as Confluence does.

If I may suggest - install XBMC the usual way and make sure everything runs as expected with Confluence. Afterwards, go to settings, add ons, install from ZIP and browse to a folder containing downloaded Quartz 3. ZIP can be placed on your Mac, provided you can browse to it from ATV. You can place skin.zip it in your Movies folder and delete it later, for example.

Post about your progress.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

explodedk Wrote:hey pecinko. great skin. really like the simplicity of it.

i specially like the part that you can change title on the homescreen (quartz2)

i have a small problem... i've changed "videos" to Cartoons and then added the folder Cartoons to my favorites and then changed the "opens" to that favorite...

but if i open the new menupoint "cartoons", it gives me the attached screen...

if i go to favorite > cartoons it opens up all the cartoons just right.

tried with latest eden 3 beta on windows . will test later with xbmcbuntu.

May I suggest trying this in Quartz 3?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:May I suggest trying this in Quartz 3?

thanks for the fast reply. it works as expected in 3.0.3 - but me like the horizontal view Wink
explodedk Wrote:thanks for the fast reply. it works as expected in 3.0.3 - but me like the horizontal view Wink
er, 3.0.3 *is* the horizontal view !? Quartz 2 is vertical afaik.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12