• 16(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
pecinko Wrote:And how about the rest of the skin? Does the back button behave as expected? If you use Jezz_X's Touch with Icefilms, what does there back button do?

Yes, in the rest of the skin the back button behaves as expected.
On Touched, the back button takes me, for instance, from the episodes to the season directory, as expected.

Cheers,

Zenshi.
Zenshi Wrote:Yes, in the rest of the skin the back button behaves as expected.
On Touched, the back button takes me, for instance, from the episodes to the season directory, as expected.

I see it now, Jezz_X is using undocumented action ParentDir

And you have turned off parent dir (two dots) in XBMC setting for better looks?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I see it now, Jezz_X is using undocumented action ParentDir

And you have turned off parent dir (two dots) in XBMC setting for better looks?

Yup, I sure did! Wink

Cheers,

Zenshi.
dynaflash Wrote:One is it would be nice to have a progress bar and/or progress type of feedback during library updates ala Confluence or Transparency type info.

It looks like you have a few "placeholders" for future icons in some sections ?

Any chance the weather area will have a bit more options when using the Weather plus addon ? no biggie just curious.

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps to know if you're on the right track.

I'll take care of those problems soon. As for the Weather+ I'll need to check what it is, first:-) I'm checking the weather mostly on iPhone so only thing I know about W+ is that it seams to be popular.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK, just had a play with Touched and I'll be probably dropping touch support from Quartz altogether.

I may be releasing Quartz touch as a separate skin in the future, but only if it proves that there are people that would favourite different looks or usability than offered by Jezz_X's skin (and that I doubt at a moment).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is it just me or does this seem a little laggy in the UI? (On ATV2)

It may be because I didn't remove hte old repo before updating (using zip) - can't remember how I remove the old version to install new...
tomwrob Wrote:Is it just me or does this seem a little laggy in the UI? (On ATV2)

It may be because I didn't remove hte old repo before updating (using zip) - can't remember how I remove the old version to install new...

Don't remove the repo I will push future updates through it, that's not the problem.

This is probably related to recent changes in XBMC, try an older build or wait for devs to fix it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have done a complete restore & update ios to 4.3, now I am back in XBMC with quartz - v fast & snappy - excellent!

(I was running my original version from months ago)
Glad to hear you solved it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm having a hard time with icons...

However:

- some of home items does not hide - Fixed
- new font with better cyrillic support - Thanks alexdzn
- reworked music and video scan dialogs
- skinned (quartzed:-) subtitles addon

Was there anything else?

PS. I looked at weather+ - should not be hard, "just" time consuming :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:- reworked music and video scan dialogs

I guess I'll wait to see how you reworked these dialogs, but I did have a suggestion that could you enable the "haspath" option on the "Current Directory" item so that it shows at a minimum the last part of the path. Otherwise, with long mount paths (like smb://really/long/path/to/folder) it doesn't show anything different, as it truncates to "smb://really/long/..." showing only the front part. If you add the "haspath" then it at least shows the ending part like "smb://.../.../foldername" so you can see it making progress.

Just a suggestion, and like I stated, I'll look at the updated version when you post it and see if it works differently / better now.

Thanks again for this excellent skin!! It's the best skin for ATV and ATV2 use that is user friendly for anyone.
MacBook Pro 13", XBMC v12.1
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
pecinko Wrote:I'm having a hard time with icons...

However:

- some of home items does not hide - Fixed
- new font with better cyrillic support - Thanks alexdzn
- reworked music and video scan dialogs
- skinned (quartzed:-) subtitles addon

Was there anything else?

PS. I looked at weather+ - should not be hard, "just" time consuming :-)

weather + is in my opinion used best with Ronie's Transparency skin ... but of course not a deal breaker by any means but more of a suggestion.

Thanks for the rest ... looking forward to testing the new rev with xbmc git head.
dynaflash Wrote:weather + is in my opinion used best with Ronie's Transparency skin ...

I had something little different in mind, if I find some time to do it. We'll see how if you'll like it :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

sceaga Wrote:I guess I'll wait to see how you reworked these dialogs, but I did ....shows the ending part like "smb://.../.../foldername" so you can see it making progress.

Thanks for suggestions. Currently it shows info like this:

DL TV Show info 16% (for videos)
Loading info from files 27% (for music)

Reasoning was : I can keep it in a header without a need to pop-up dialog with black background over something else, you don't see folders being scanned but rather progress. 60% of header's real estate (left part) is clean usable.

I can alter this, of course, if there's a good reason for it.

Quote:Just a suggestion, and like I stated, I'll look at the updated version when you post it and see if it works differently / better now.

I love suggestions. In fact, it is impossible for me to provide good usability without knowing user needs. So feel free to write what you want and why, I'll gladly consider.

Quote:Thanks again for this excellent skin!! It's the best skin for ATV and ATV2 use that is user friendly for anyone.

Thanks. Main goals for Quartz were - nice looks, ease of use for anyone & good performance even on non beefy HW. If I managed to achieve some of them - I'm glad.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Sorry to go over old ground - is the random item (above the menu bar) working in the latest release? If so how do I activate it? I am not on nightly builds.

I can make recently added appear, but can't see random selection?
I also cannot make 'Addons' disappear from video menus, or 'Weather' Programs' from the XBMC menu section...
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12