Posible add-on manager improvements
(2014-11-18, 14:32)takoi Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 14:03)Martijn Wrote: service != programs
sure, but nobody cares. 'I need twitter' where should i go? (answer: it's a service). Many service and program addon are already both and functionality overlap

Love the pragmatism and couldn't agree more. Average user doesnt give a flip and it serves nobody to determine the distinction

It clouds what should be clear. Is there a case where something like RCB is a program and the RCB-helper is a service? Sure. Would anyone be confused to see them side by side (one denoted helper) in a collapsed category? I don't think anyone would be confused

Overall the less categories the better. It makes finding things easier. I hate search personally, because I think it's unnecessary when you have a clear directory tree to begin with

Also, an "All installed addons view" was something I did a feature request for a long time ago. I think it would be easier if the directory tree was removed entirely for the "Enabled add ons view" -- they'd still be listed alphabetically and with turbo scroll what does the extra category click help?

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: Posible add-on manager improvements - by Dark_Slayer - 2014-11-21, 08:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posible add-on manager improvements0