• 23(current)
Google Nexus Player
Hey All

Using the ARM version for kodi helix RC3 works perfectly! Been playing multiple different formats now for over two hours with no crashes! I don't notice any significant lagging using the ARM version.

Thank you to all who shared this fix!
Watched live TV this afternoon for several hours on ARM RC3. No crashes. I actually left it paused for an hour too and when I came back kodi was still running. Previously I could not pause for more than a couple minutes without a crash. About to watch some previously recorded content now. Never been able to make it through a full show. We'll see how it goes, but I'm feeling optimistic!

Update - 2 hours, zero crashes Big Grin
I have been using arm based version for few days now with no crashes. Also the performance is awesome, even with heavier skins.
So far nexus player has been a great replacement for my ATV 2.
Has any of you been able to set Kodi as the default launcher using XBMC launcher ?

I installed the app, selected Kodi in its options but it's not working.

But the way, after installation, I don't have the usual "launcher selection popup" when I click the home button.
Has anyone tested the new Kodi 14.0 Helix stable release to see if we can use x86 for nexus player? or should we still be using ARM to keep from crashing on the nexus player? I am really stable on helix RC3 zero crashes over 6 days of full use so I am very hesitant to switch.

Thank you!
As long as none of the devs has told us to switch to x86 I don't think it's wise to do so.

You should use the last stable ARM release in the meantime.
ok ya that makes sense. I still dont understand the difference between x86 and ARM. i thought if the device was x86 you werent supposed to be able to use ARM. I read the previous post that explained a little, but i still dont really get how we are able ot use the ARM version on an X86 device.
Lightbulb 
(2014-12-24, 15:57)Jamesont22 Wrote: ok ya that makes sense. I still dont understand the difference between x86 and ARM. i thought if the device was x86 you werent supposed to be able to use ARM. I read the previous post that explained a little, but i still dont really get how we are able ot use the ARM version on an X86 device.

Me too. So it is very interesting to know what is different between x86 and ARM?
Some x86 android devices can't run the ARM build. At least, that's what the situation was when we started making x86 builds. Maybe it's different now.
Been having multiple issues with Gotham .

Upgraded to helix arm and working like a charm.

Thanks everyone
Why feeling happy simply because it doesn't crash in 2 hours...
It shoudn't...
Please try this native x86 build and report on stability: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...11-x86.apk
I have a Player running Kodi and thanks to this post - http://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/commen...eiver_for/ I purchased an IR receiver with remote and I have programmed the Harmony as a ChinaVasion CVSB-983.
All works very well, however the Right Click option, is always based on the centre of the screen so useless to bring up the Menu to allow you to Manage items, and thus remove a show from the library. You can use the mouse controller on the basic remote, and even set mouse controls to the Harmony, but I don't want to use a separate remote, and using the assigning and using the mouse direction buttons is not only annoyingly slow, but 100% not wife friendly. Apparently the "C" button on a keyboard also bring up this contextual menu to allow you to Manage - Remove form library. I added a MCE keyboard as a device in the Harmony, and assigned the C hey to my Guide button, but it doesn't have any response at all.
Has anyone figured out a way to delete items from the library with a Harmony remote? Is there another keyboard I could enter as a device on the Harmony? Is a Flirc my only option?
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hu...-p/1337271 works for me (at least on ADT-1) with a bluetooth-enabled harmony hub.
Just wondering, can't you control the NP with an harmony through HDMI-CEC ?

I'm using my Nexus Player with the remote of my Bravia LCD, it's working well.

The menu button isn't working btw (it did under Openelec with my Rpi).
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7