• 12(current)
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?
Does anyone know if Microsoft made component cables? I picked up component cables that don't look like the AV pack in the pictures I have seen. It does have the "Xbox" logo on it so I assume it is from Microsoft and it also has optical out. But it isn't like the AV pack where you have to plug more component cables into a box. I have never seen these anywhere or heard anything about them
FlimtotheFlam Wrote:Does anyone know if Microsoft made component cables?
Yes that is only what this whole topic thread is about Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
FlimtotheFlam Wrote:Just go to this link put in your zip code to see if a local Gamestop has them in stock for only $4.99

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductD...t_id=18821

I believe that one doesn't actually include the component cables, see this for details.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817146

I believe this one is the first flavour:

"The original HDTV AV pack is a black box with a cable that connects to the Xbox console’s AV port. The box has individual inputs for component video, stereo audio, and digital audio. You will have to provide your own component AV, stereo audio, or digital audio cabling to connect from the box to your television. This AV pack is no longer sold."
Used this one many times now... and to be honest I cant really see the difference between the M$ one and this picture quality wise...

http://www.gamersgear.com/sess/utn;jsess...shopscript

Pretty sure they deliver anywhere and its a bargain at £7!!
"The original HDTV AV pack is a black box with a cable that connects to the Xbox console’s AV port. The box has individual inputs for component video, stereo audio, and digital audio. You will have to provide your own component AV, stereo audio, or digital audio cabling to connect from the box to your television. This AV pack is no longer sold."[/quote]

Ok, You answered my question of confusion. I didn't know there was a different one besides the first one. I have the second one with the built in component cables. I got the 2nd version at Gamestop not the first.
O.k,I got it hooked up.Runs very smooth at 720p.The only few issue's are my fonts get huge after leaving a picture or a movie,other than that it looks very sleek.I'm very happy with the results overall.One other thing I came across was when I went into Xtv it hung on a black screen.When I rebooted the system it worked fine again.But the issue did re-peat(both of them).Also It hangs sometimes when I switch between resolutions.
Thanks for all the help so far though.I wish everyone could experience XBMC this way.
Also the fonts don't fix unless I enter into video calibration then back out and its normal.If I change the skin or if I reset the X-box it will also fix.Not sure what is causing it.Happens on more than one skin also.
It does hang sometimes between resolution changes... mine always has.... Its a M$ box its bound to need a reboot at some point! Smile

Like you say its a different beast in 720p! looks fantastic eh!
Please respect that this thread is not the correct place to report about bugs/issues in XBMC

Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
O.k no problem.Even though I have this issue I still love the High Def.

Yes Geeba it is great!It showed me how XBMC should be viewed.For the newer skins it is a huge plus because most of them were made for it.I can see the rss feeds again and I can read the movie info without a telescope!
Stan1971 Wrote:I bought the original from here:

http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/cata...ts_id=1988

It's genuine and works a treat. I use it to display 720p and 1080i and use the toslink for digital output to my av amp. The sound is crystal clear. Can't ask for anything more!

They still have it on their website but it's on back order - there is still a glimmer of hope maybe. If it was discontinued i guess it would say that!

Apparently they've changed suppliers after 4 months of waiting I cancelled the order.
Klyken Wrote:Apparently they've changed suppliers after 4 months of waiting I cancelled the order.

Thats why when i found a source for mine i bought 2 just in case one went south on me... little did i know i would be ditching the old xbox less than a year later Smile
Target/Amazon have some available. Order while you can.
hey everyone,

i just bought a Grundig Vision 6 32-6930T, HD-ready TV.

I just learned that i cant get HD quality from the old xbox and i am psyched. Anyone know where i can find the appropriate cables now to buy? What exactly do i need?

I can only find a scart thingy, that you can connect cables to but i dont really have those cables.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/High-Definition-HD....m63.l1177

I only have the original YELLOW-WHITE-RED.

Any help, will be much appreciated!
check out the stickies.... all in there IXOS is your best bet....unless you want optical out for an AV amp
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?3