• 9(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
I did a new search for Chapel Hill and got "No Results"Huh Did a search for Durham which is the next closest city and it works fine. Not quite sure what this means. Maybe I've dropped into a black hole or something.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-01-10, 18:29)wgstarks Wrote: I did a new search for Chapel Hill and got "No Results"Huh Did a search for Durham which is the next closest city and it works fine. Not quite sure what this means. Maybe I've dropped into a black hole or something.Big Grin
maybe a temp issue on their end?
just try again in an hour.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie. Looks like your right. The openweathermap website is showing the same problem. All temps are showing 1C across the board. Maybe there's a problem with the weather station. Thought I would report it to them but I don't see any way to contact them.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
how would one run openweathermap extended as a standalone application?

i want to just have a monitor setup to display the weather.

if it isn't possible, i'll run kodi just to display the weather.

thanks,
chuck
(2015-01-16, 00:34)wulvyrn Wrote: how would one run openweathermap extended as a standalone application?

i want to just have a monitor setup to display the weather.

if it isn't possible, i'll run kodi just to display the weather.

thanks,
chuck

it isn't possible.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just started using Kodi and installed this weather app last night. I live in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. My city showed up as Prince Albert (CA). I added that as my location.

The maps show my city, but there is no information in the forecasts or the maps. The maps are just blank maps. The conditions and forecast just show 32 F (Which wasn't the real temperature) and no other information. I tried Yahoo weather and it did the same thing.

When I entered my city in Location 1 the name showed up in Location ID under Location 1, but the "Location 1" didn't change. I'm not sure if that is the way it is supposed to behave. Yahoo weather behaved the same way as well.

Would like to get this working
(2015-01-16, 18:01)DarthVader Wrote: I just started using Kodi and installed this weather app last night. I live in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. My city showed up as Prince Albert (CA). I added that as my location.

The maps show my city, but there is no information in the forecasts or the maps. The maps are just blank maps. The conditions and forecast just show 32 F (Which wasn't the real temperature) and no other information. I tried Yahoo weather and it did the same thing.

When I entered my city in Location 1 the name showed up in Location ID under Location 1, but the "Location 1" didn't change. I'm not sure if that is the way it is supposed to behave. Yahoo weather behaved the same way as well.

May not be related, but I had the same symptoms with mine recently. I think the problem was the local weather station. I had to use a nearby location for about 2 weeks until the problem was corrected.
(2015-01-16, 18:01)DarthVader Wrote: I just started using Kodi and installed this weather app last night. I live in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. My city showed up as Prince Albert (CA). I added that as my location.

could you please provide a Debug Log ?
see this post for instructions: 1886316 (post)
Hi, I get a "script failed" message when clicking to set the Location 1 in OpenWeatherExtended on my FireTV, running Kodi 14. Here's the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/HfW0VBA9

Seems to say something about "no module named PIL"? Hoping the log will suggest where the problem lies.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2015-01-19, 01:32)canadave Wrote: Hi, I get a "script failed" message when clicking to set the Location 1 in OpenWeatherExtended on my FireTV, running Kodi 14. Here's the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/HfW0VBA9

Seems to say something about "no module named PIL"? Hoping the log will suggest where the problem lies.

yup, that's a known bug in Kodi Helix 14.0

it has been fixed in nightly builds.
wow, that was fast....lol Wink Thanks.
Hmmm...do you mean it's been fixed in nightly builds for Kodi 15 only? I'm still getting the script failed error running 14.1 (the January 12 build).
(2015-01-19, 05:41)canadave Wrote: Hmmm...do you mean it's been fixed in nightly builds for Kodi 15 only? I'm still getting the script failed error running 14.1 (the January 12 build).

yes, that's indeed what i mean. ;-)
haha, gotcha. Okay, I downloaded 15 latest nightly, and I can confirm it works.

I don't suppose there's any way with this addon (or any other weather addon) to show an up-to-date radar map for a particular locale?
ronie, the older script have this infos:

"Daily.().ChancePrecipitation"
"Today.AvgHighTemperature"
"Today.AvgLowTemperature"

You can include this, please?
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2