• 19(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
(2015-06-26, 17:17)kingsombra Wrote:
(2015-06-23, 00:23)pa2471 Wrote: Hi,

This is a great weather app. However none of themaps show up. Do i need to install something else to make that part work?

Im on kodi 14.2, and aftv with aeon nox skin.

Thanks

Most think this is actually a packaging bug. I be willing to bet you are also seeing a little red script error pop up when you start KODI.

If you turn on debuging in the Expert Setting section then review the log, I bet you will find a section that says it cant find PIL.

The issue is OpenWeatherMap Extended requires a package called PIL which is the python image library. It seems to have been missing for a while in most Android KODI/SPMC packages, back to 14.2 and continuing into 15.1, and 15.2

I have been patiently waiting for this to get fixed. No one has fixed it yet. Angry

are you using kodi or spmc?
the bug *was* fixed in kodi, though i don't know if it's been fixed in spmc too.
5218 (PR)

@both of you:
as always, please post a Debug Log if you have any issues.

also, please use the openweathermap support thread for any questions.
i'm likely to miss your post otherwise.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-06-26, 17:35)ronie Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 17:17)kingsombra Wrote:
(2015-06-23, 00:23)pa2471 Wrote: Hi,

This is a great weather app. However none of themaps show up. Do i need to install something else to make that part work?

Im on kodi 14.2, and aftv with aeon nox skin.

Thanks

Most think this is actually a packaging bug. I be willing to bet you are also seeing a little red script error pop up when you start KODI.

If you turn on debuging in the Expert Setting section then review the log, I bet you will find a section that says it cant find PIL.

The issue is OpenWeatherMap Extended requires a package called PIL which is the python image library. It seems to have been missing for a while in most Android KODI/SPMC packages, back to 14.2 and continuing into 15.1, and 15.2

I have been patiently waiting for this to get fixed. No one has fixed it yet. Angry

are you using kodi or spmc?
the bug *was* fixed in kodi, though i don't know if it's been fixed in spmc too.
5218 (PR)

@both of you:

also, please use the openweathermap support thread for any questions.

Thank you both. I don't get any script errors of any kind so I'm thinking it's probably the timing out issue.

I'll wait till I upgrade to 15
Quote:are you using kodi or spmc?
SPMC. Although I have tried KODI 15.1 once and got the same thing
Quote:the bug *was* fixed in kodi, though i don't know if it's been fixed in spmc too.
5218 (PR)

@both of you:
I have in an other thread. Problem still exists. Same exact error that others have posted on several occasions as well.
Quote:also, please use the openweathermap support thread for any questions.
OMG LOL. I did indeed post there first and got "OH THIS IS A PACKAGING PROBLEM AND DOESN'T BELONG HERE." And my post was promptly split and attached to another thread. I just LOOOOVE "This aint my concern, next window please". Angry
(2015-06-22, 18:28)ronie Wrote: thanx for the suggestions. it indeed makes sense to add some retry handling for failed downloads.
if you're interested, please give script.openweathermap.maps-0.0.3.zip a try.

as for the second request, i know as much as you do :-)
since there's no api docs for that particular map, i assume it's not possible.

I snagged 0.0.4 and 2.0.3 from your Git and things seemed to have improved with regards to maps loading more reliably.

Thanks again :-)

Mario
Hello.. since today i've been having error messages in kodi.log concerning openweathermap addon.. these happen every hour or so

16:00:22 T:1621095456 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('3h',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 819, in <module>
forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 241, in forecast
hourly_props(hourly_weather, daynum)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 674, in hourly_props
rain = item['rain']['3h']
KeyError: ('3h',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

I am running the latest version of OSMC (with latest updates) on RPi2.. i am wondering if there is some mismatch between the latest OSMC updates and this great addon ?
(2015-06-27, 15:13)perplex Wrote: I am running the latest version of OSMC (with latest updates) on RPi2.. i am wondering if there is some mismatch between the latest OSMC updates and this great addon ?

I am having the same error occuring since yesterday on Generic OpenELEC 5.0.8 (x86_64), so it does not seem to be OSMC specific.
thanx for the bugreports.
i've submitted a fixed version to the addon repo.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the fix, unfortunately i now get an error regarding wind direction (KeyError 'deg'):

Code:
10:38:47 T:1436   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
          Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
          Error Contents: ('deg',)
          Traceback (most recent call last):
               File "E:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py", line 735, in <module> forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
               File "E:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py", line 210, in forecast                                                 current_props(current_weather,loc)
               File "E:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py", line 281, in current_props
                    set_property('Current.WindDirection'        , xbmc.getLocalizedString(WIND_DIR(int(round(data['wind']['deg'])))))
                    KeyError: ('deg',)
          -->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-06-28, 10:43)alexalien Wrote: Thanks for the fix, unfortunately i now get an error regarding wind direction (KeyError 'deg'):

heh, guess i have to fix them one by one then.

what location are you using?
Interesting that you mention - ask for - that, i am using Cologne (in Germany) that is throwing the exceptions, tested Munich and that is working.
So each location has different features?! Makes it more difficult for you i guess.
Thanks for checking again!
(2015-06-28, 11:33)alexalien Wrote: Interesting that you mention - ask for - that, i am using Cologne (in Germany) that is throwing the exceptions, tested Munich and that is working.
So each location has different features?! Makes it more difficult for you i guess.

yup, i couldn't even reproduce it, so it may work sometimes and fail at other times.
regardless, i've pushed another fix to the addon repo.
Today it seems to be working - no error so far.

Maybe this specific issue is connected to wind speed?
What if there is no wind (0 km/h), than there is probably no direction returned, which then resulted in the key error?!

Anyhow, many thanks for promptly fixing our issues!
(2015-06-28, 18:13)ronie Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 11:33)alexalien Wrote: Interesting that you mention - ask for - that, i am using Cologne (in Germany) that is throwing the exceptions, tested Munich and that is working.

yup, i couldn't even reproduce it, so it may work sometimes and fail at other times.
regardless, i've pushed another fix to the addon repo.

(2015-06-29, 08:27)alexalien Wrote: Today it seems to be working - no error so far.

Maybe this specific issue is connected to wind speed?
What if there is no wind (0 km/h), than there is probably no direction returned, which then resulted in the key error?!

Anyhow, many thanks for promptly fixing our issues!

I confirm latest fix does not throw exceptions anymore thus works ok.. thanks for the quick fix!
Do certain features (i.e. the hourly forecasts, maps) only work in Confluence skin?

I've tried it in Arctic: Zephyr (which I really like/prefer) but I don't get the hourly forecast and map options.

Does look good though.

Thanks
(2015-07-01, 14:20)sconly Wrote: Do certain features (i.e. the hourly forecasts, maps) only work in Confluence skin?

I've tried it in Arctic: Zephyr (which I really like/prefer) but I don't get the hourly forecast and map options.

Does look good though.

Thanks

they work in every skin that supports those features.
Arctic: Zephyr may not be one of them
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2