• 29(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
(2015-12-07, 21:19)Oli_Oops Wrote: I've noticed that the "feels like" temp is always the same as the current temp. After reading about what values OpenWeather can return it appears that "feels like" is not on the list. So my question is if this is addon related or skin related. I'm using AoenNox 5. Thanks

openweathermap does provide the feelslike temperature.
https://github.com/ronie/weather.openwea...ME.txt#L19
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-12-07, 21:19)Oli_Oops Wrote: I've noticed that the "feels like" temp is always the same as the current temp.

i've made some changes to how the feels like temperature is calculated by the addon,
please test and let me know if there are any issues:
weather.openweathermap.extended-3.1.5.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-12-08, 01:09)ronie Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 21:19)Oli_Oops Wrote: I've noticed that the "feels like" temp is always the same as the current temp.

i've made some changes to how the feels like temperature is calculated by the addon,
please test and let me know if there are any issues:
weather.openweathermap.extended-3.1.5.zip

Hello.. I updated today via OSMC update addons function.. now i am getting these errors

15:38:51 62.165997 T:1569715232 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('temp',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 858, in <module>
forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 210, in forecast
current_props(current_weather,loc)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 294, in current_props
set_property('Current.Temperature' , str(int(round(data['main']['temp']))))
KeyError: ('temp',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

(UPDATED.. now with application logging on too) Debug logs: http://paste.osmc.io/sarocigeqa

Also the link you provided doesnt work for me
should be fixed in the next version, thx!
I'm finding that this OWM add-on has become inconsistent in deciding whether or not it wants to work right for me. For some stretches of time, it works wonderfully. At others, though, weather chooses not to work at all. I've gotten to the point now to where I want to get to the heart of the matter rather than just let it go through its bouts of working and not working.

Do you think you'd be able to find anything that might be causing it from this information? Here is a log from an instance of Kodi in which the add-on decides not to work. I don't have a location ID set, just a location.

http://xbmclogs.com/pejvjfs6p

EDIT: I seem to have fixed the add-on by uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on. Still, I'm not entirely confident that this might not happen again. Hopefully my post might help.
in case it happens again, please follow the instructions in the first page.
only then will the logfile contain the info i need to debug the problem.
Hey Ronie.. something happened again(=this time feels like parameter).. no idea if its temporary or not.. funny thing i was playing youtube stream and it stopped due to this error

Full debug logs.. http://paste.osmc.io/mewaduzuju
(2015-12-12, 22:39)perplex Wrote: Hey Ronie.. something happened again(=this time feels like parameter).. no idea if its temporary or not.. funny thing i was playing youtube stream and it stopped due to this error

that's the bug i fixed yesterday :-)
v2.0.6 of openweathermap is in the repo, you should have gotten it by now.
(2015-12-12, 23:33)ronie Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 22:39)perplex Wrote: Hey Ronie.. something happened again(=this time feels like parameter).. no idea if its temporary or not.. funny thing i was playing youtube stream and it stopped due to this error

I updated yesterday.. everything worked until today

If you see the Exception is different.. now its not about 'TEMP' but 'FEELS_LIKE'

See the logs until the end
(2015-12-12, 23:52)perplex Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 23:33)ronie Wrote:

If you see the Exception is different.. now its not about 'TEMP' but 'FEELS_LIKE'

ah.. two logs .. two versions. got it.

will be fixed in v2.0.7
(2015-12-13, 00:09)ronie Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 23:52)perplex Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 23:33)ronie Wrote: that's the bug i fixed yesterday :-)

ah.. two logs .. two versions. got it.

will be fixed in v2.0.7

Ok thanks.. waiting for it.. do you think this is just one another problem or recurring due to some one parameter or so ?

Just thinking if theres more to be fixed at the same time.... maybe not ?
(2015-12-13, 02:09)perplex Wrote: Ok thanks.. waiting for it.. do you think this is just one another problem or recurring due to some one parameter or so ?

the problem is that the openweathermap api sometimes doesn't return the current temperature.
it happens every now and then and usually resolves itself within a day.

on such occasions, the addon would crash. it should be handled properly in 2.0.7.
(2015-12-13, 02:12)ronie Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 02:09)perplex Wrote: Ok thanks.. waiting for it.. do you think this is just one another problem or recurring due to some one parameter or so ?

the problem is that the openweathermap api sometimes doesn't return the current temperature.
it happens every now and then and usually resolves itself within a day.

on such occasions, the addon would crash. it should be handled properly in 2.0.7.

Ok thanks for the info.. does this happen for all parameters or only for temp ?

= just asking if all parameters should be prepared for empty information
(2015-12-13, 02:15)perplex Wrote: Ok thanks for the info.. does this happen for all parameters or only for temp ?

= just asking if all parameters should be prepared for empty information

so far, mainly temp.

in future versions of the addon i intend to handle missing info for all parameters.
Openweathermap extended errors out on maps. log at http://xbmclogs.com/ppep8w7fc
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2