• 23(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
Was perfect for me tonight with Uno Telly even cranked the HD to the max and not one buffer/freeze
Photo 
@eracknaphobia

hi, i use a us VPN, Featured/Spotlight and Showcase can play nomarlly, but Live & Upcoming and Featured/Full Replays can not play . what shou i set ? Thanks.

And, i fetch the play URL, the browser show {
"Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://olystreameast.nbcolympics.com/vod/cbfb475f-707d-44c7-b69f-87e911cafa7f/nbc-sports-live-extra0211093417.ism/QualityLevels(3450000)/Manifest(video,format=m3u8-aapl-v3,audiotrack=audio_en_0,filtername=vodcut)" on this server.

Reference #18.3c100217.1423729463.cc1dee0 "
}.
change the streaming quality from 3400 to 2200 or 1400 in the configuration section of the addon

(2015-02-12, 12:04)gunbuyidiu Wrote: @eracknaphobia

hi, i use a us VPN, Featured/Spotlight and Showcase can play nomarlly, but Live & Upcoming and Featured/Full Replays can not play . what shou i set ? Thanks.

And, i fetch the play URL, the browser show {
"Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://olystreameast.nbcolympics.com/vod/cbfb475f-707d-44c7-b69f-87e911cafa7f/nbc-sports-live-extra0211093417.ism/QualityLevels(3450000)/Manifest(video,format=m3u8-aapl-v3,audiotrack=audio_en_0,filtername=vodcut)" on this server.

Reference #18.3c100217.1423729463.cc1dee0 "
}.
(2015-02-10, 22:40)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 22:36)quinnaay Wrote: I pray someone can help me, i have just signed up to Unotelly input the stuff and got the live BPL game running however its buffering/lagging on all settings even the lowest SD and i have a wired 152mb fibre optic connection. I don;t have trouble streaming other things just live sports really.. any ideas why?

I had the same issue with unotelly and every other DNS servoce for that matter. Using a VPN for the 1st time on Raspberry Pi 2 tonight and it's flawless on the Liv v Spurs game. I'm using private Internet access VPN by the way.

Hi Olliepop,

What VPN service are you using and is there a guide which explains how to access it on the Raspberry Pi (model B or 2) ?

Also, is going VPN really that much better than the likes of unblock-us and unblockr.net ?
I will let u know if vpn is beta than unblock us as i have just subscribed to a months PIA VPN, i have been triallin unblock-us wiv about 80% success rate, had about 4/5 buffers durin uniteds game last nite, will report bak regardin vpn when nbc next have a bunch of games on
(2015-02-12, 17:28)smurff33 Wrote: I will let u know if vpn is beta than unblock us as i have just subscribed to a months PIA VPN, i have been triallin unblock-us wiv about 80% success rate, had about 4/5 buffers durin uniteds game last nite, will report bak regardin vpn when nbc next have a bunch of games on

Thanks.

I am currently using unblock-us with a Raspberry Pi Model B. The NBC live streams buffer quite a lot (and occasionally stop altogether and return to the XBMC screen). I am trying to work out if it is the DNS server, the Pi or my internal homeplug connection. Changing the stream quality settings also seems to make little difference in terms of the buffering/stuttering.

Hopefully my Pi 2 arrives today/tomorrow (which has more memory and faster CPU) - which I be able to restest with and see it that improves it.
(2015-02-12, 17:41)AdamBrunt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 17:28)smurff33 Wrote: I will let u know if vpn is beta than unblock us as i have just subscribed to a months PIA VPN, i have been triallin unblock-us wiv about 80% success rate, had about 4/5 buffers durin uniteds game last nite, will report bak regardin vpn when nbc next have a bunch of games on

Thanks.

I am currently using unblock-us with a Raspberry Pi Model B. The NBC live streams buffer quite a lot (and occasionally stop altogether and return to the XBMC screen). I am trying to work out if it is the DNS server, the Pi or my internal homeplug connection. Changing the stream quality settings also seems to make little difference in terms of the buffering/stuttering.

Hopefully my Pi 2 arrives today/tomorrow (which has more memory and faster CPU) - which I be able to restest with and see it that improves it.

I had buffering with 2 separate DNS services on Raspberry Pi 1. Now running PIA on a Pi 2 and had no buffer at all with the United game last night. Just google PIA on Raspberry Pi and the set up instructions should be there.
(2015-02-12, 18:15)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 17:41)AdamBrunt Wrote:

Thanks.

I had buffering with 2 separate DNS services on Raspberry Pi 1. Now running PIA on a Pi 2 and had no buffer at all with the United game last night. Just google PIA on Raspberry Pi and the set up instructions should be there.

Thanks.

I have found the following - http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...36&t=81654 and https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/kno...rrypi.html. The 2nd one of those seems easier to follow [ especially since the first 4 steps are about installing RaspBMC which I have already done Smile ]

One question, once openVPN is installed does the Pi use it to get to anywhere on the network ? ie will it affect the RaspBMC's ability to talk to a mySQL database on my internal network or do any of it's movie and tv scraping ?

Finally, which VPN service do you use ?
Im really tempted to buy Cyberghost 12m for £9.99 which is a steal, however i still dont feel confident in getting it to work.
Purchased it and they sent a OPVN file, for OpenVPN i use Openelec on Raspberry Pi and cant find anything what i do with it.
(2015-02-12, 22:52)quinnaay Wrote: Purchased it and they sent a OPVN file, for OpenVPN i use Openelec on Raspberry Pi and cant find anything what i do with it.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198894
(2015-02-12, 19:07)AdamBrunt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 18:15)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 17:41)AdamBrunt Wrote: Thanks.

Thanks.

I have found the following - http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...36&t=81654 and https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/kno...rrypi.html. The 2nd one of those seems easier to follow [ especially since the first 4 steps are about installing RaspBMC which I have already done Smile ]

One question, once openVPN is installed does the Pi use it to get to anywhere on the network ? ie will it affect the RaspBMC's ability to talk to a mySQL database on my internal network or do any of it's movie and tv scraping ?

I use Private Internet Access. It's really simple with Openelec using the VPN addon I mentioned earlier. You just choose your location you want to connect to and away you go.
(2015-02-12, 23:04)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 19:07)AdamBrunt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 18:15)Olliepop Wrote: I had buffering with 2 separate DNS services on Raspberry Pi 1. Now running PIA on a Pi 2 and had no buffer at all with the United game last night. Just google PIA on Raspberry Pi and the set up instructions should be there.

Thanks.

I use Private Internet Access. It's really simple with Openelec using the VPN addon I mentioned earlier. You just choose your location you want to connect to and away you go.

Do you mean the metalketle repo one ? I just install the openVPN addon and put in my PIA details and that's it ?
One thing I noticed which may help some. If you are changing stream quality, make sure you exit the addon fully and change the settings from the Video Addons section or the Addon Browser - i.e. before launching the addon. If you just back out of a stream and change the settings while still in the addon, it doesn't actually change it. At least for me it doesn't.

You can confirm the stream quality has actually changed by checking the video resolution in codec info while the video is playing (press "o" by default). 1280x720 is the full highest HD stream.
(2015-02-12, 23:28)eskay993 Wrote: You can confirm the stream quality has actually changed by checking the video resolution in codec info while the video is playing (press "o" by default). 1280x720p is the full highest HD stream.

Actually the highest available is 1080p.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13