• 111(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
(2015-08-12, 11:27)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 21:49)j2220 Wrote: Is anyone any wiser to why the addon does not work with smart dns despite emulating the iphone,using an iphone itself there are no issues using dns services

You can make it work with DNS but you need a VPN also. Once you click the blue link using your VPN it will the bring a 2nd blue link up. You can the switch off your VPN and the DNS service will work to play the stream.

agree but doing a vpn on device like an amazon fire stick is hard work
would be perfect if the dns worked on its own
(2015-08-11, 21:49)j2220 Wrote: Is anyone any wiser to why the addon does not work with smart dns despite emulating the iphone,using an iphone itself there are no issues using dns services

You can make it work with DNS but you need a VPN also. Once you click the blue link using your VPN it will the bring a 2nd blue link up. You can the switch off your VPN and the DNS service will work to play the stream.

I have this method working absolutley fine on my Mac but when I try on my phone (galaxy s6) running android it errors.
Same problem with T8 android box.
Would love to know why.
(2015-08-12, 13:49)swd72000 Wrote:

I have this method working absolutley fine on my Mac but when I try on my phone (galaxy s6) running android it errors.
Would love to know why.

What version of NBC do you have, and are you using Kodi. which company do you have a subscription with. I have the same problem.
(2015-08-12, 14:15)donjuan400 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 13:49)swd72000 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 11:27)Olliepop Wrote: You can make it work with DNS but you need a VPN also. Once you click the blue link using your VPN it will the bring a 2nd blue link up. You can the switch off your VPN and the DNS service will work to play the stream.

Would love to know why.

What version of NBC do you have, and are you using Kodi. which company do you have a subscription with. I have the same problem.

I'm on kodi 15. Latest nbc addon. Subscription with Comcast xfinity.
Using VPN on Mac I can play all content through kodi and website.
Using VPN on Android I can play content on latest NBC app but not through Kodi.
You would have thought the VPN would allow it on bothe types of device. It used to before logins were necessary.
Any ideas anyone? Can provide log if needed.
hi folks .... wonder if anyone can help... ive installed the latest nbcsportslive addon...got myself a login....got smartdns working etc.... golf channel works ....the problem i have is type the username password into the login box...

username will only go in as capitols...im assuming the password does the same (cant see cuz its ****** etc) so when i try to watch the footy...i was getting password error. works fine using web browser on pc...any ideas??
(2015-08-12, 14:35)thevilla Wrote: hi folks .... wonder if anyone can help... ive installed the latest nbcsportslive addon...got myself a login....got smartdns working etc.... golf channel works ....the problem i have is type the username password into the login box...

username will only go in as capitols...im assuming the password does the same (cant see cuz its ****** etc) so when i try to watch the footy...i was getting password error. works fine using web browser on pc...any ideas??

You need a vpn instead of the dns.
(2015-08-12, 14:35)thevilla Wrote: hi folks .... wonder if anyone can help... ive installed the latest nbcsportslive addon...got myself a login....got smartdns working etc.... golf channel works ....the problem i have is type the username password into the login box...

There is a shift and capslock button on the onscreen keyboard, use these to toggle between uppercase and lowercase.
Hi eracknaphobia. Many thanks for your work on the addon.
Just adding to what I posted a couple posts back, any ideas why I can't watch blue links on android kodi with a working VPN and password when it works on Mac kodi and Android App.
Here is a log from kodi on my phone. Thanks again. http://xbmclogs.com/pjvczl4a6
I have helix 14.2 on my kodi. the add-on is not working. I live here in the US. Do i need to subscribe to VPN. I currently have comcast cedentials. Any piece of advice is appreciated. Thanks
(2015-08-12, 14:33)swd72000 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 14:15)donjuan400 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 13:49)swd72000 Wrote: I have this method working absolutley fine on my Mac but when I try on my phone (galaxy s6) running android it errors.
Would love to know why.

I'm on kodi 15. Latest nbc addon. Subscription with Comcast xfinity.
Using VPN on Mac I can play all content through kodi and website.
Using VPN on Android I can play content on latest NBC app but not through Kodi. u would have thought the VPN would allow it on both types of device. It used to before logins were necessary.
Any ideas anyone? Can provide log if needed.

When you say you can play on latest NBC app on Android, is that the APK file you mean where the quality is bad. Thats what i can do.
(2015-08-12, 17:39)swd72000 Wrote: Hi eracknaphobia. Many thanks for your work on the addon.
Just adding to what I posted a couple posts back, any ideas why I can't watch blue links on android kodi with a working VPN and password when it works on Mac kodi and Android App.
Here is a log from kodi on my phone. Thanks again. http://xbmclogs.com/pjvczl4a6

I don't see any NBCSN activity in the logs. Are you sure you grabbed the right one?
(2015-08-12, 18:16)menell Wrote: I have helix 14.2 on my kodi. the add-on is not working. I live here in the US. Do i need to subscribe to VPN. I currently have comcast cedentials. Any piece of advice is appreciated. Thanks

No vpn if you live in the USA. Make sure you have typed the username & password correctly. Use the NBCSN Live Extra website to make sure you can access content.
Hi love this app, but am having trouble accessing the blue links for premier league football hoping someone can help me out?
i am using Uno Telly.Rolleyes
(2015-08-12, 19:04)ant36 Wrote: Hi love this app, but am having trouble accessing the blue links for premier league football hoping someone can help me out?
i am using Uno Telly.Rolleyes
You need a VPN, unotelly and it's likes are DNS, they no longer work with this plugin on KODI. Hope this helps.
(2015-08-12, 18:41)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 18:16)menell Wrote: I have helix 14.2 on my kodi. the add-on is not working. I live here in the US. Do i need to subscribe to VPN. I currently have comcast cedentials. Any piece of advice is appreciated. Thanks

No vpn if you live in the USA. Make sure you have typed the username & password correctly. Use the NBCSN Live Extra website to make sure you can access content.

Ok. Thank you. I try tonight when i get home.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13