SSL and TLS support in XBMC's FTP client (libcurl / curl) for FTPS
indeed
in either case ( me and spiff did some reading up, and got utterly confused Smile ). your log made sence, since i had forgotten to add ftps as a supported protocol. it's added now, give it a go. or better yet, give me a ftp server and username i can try against (tls or ssl)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok, I'll try with _rev10259.

what was the syntax again for Auth = SSL?
Sad
ftp://host/path?auth=ssl

you can use auth ssl/tls/any, technically it only specifies preference order. any is just default curl preference.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Wink 
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph....29_Client

Feel free to get the manual up-to-date Big Grin
Dear Members.

there seem to be still some problem with SSL authenticated and secure FTP transfer even with 10638 build.

User can login properly but then the connection gets disconnected and folder change & filetranser does not work.

I can provide the proper SSL FTP server to test against. Smile
haven't had time to look at it yet. the url you gave me still valid?

elupus Wrote:haven't had time to look at it yet. the url you gave me still valid?

Jes it is. I you want, i'll put there some real content also. PM me for that.
.)
just tested against your ftp server. everything works fine. do you have a log of when it fails?

So does is this working?
I think I just have a problem with the syntax, pls let me know if I can get this to work heres what i have tried

ftps://myun:[email protected]:21107/?auth=ssl

i've tried a few different combinations of ftp ftps moving the / and port number around, but don't know exactly what to do.

In FlashFXP I set it to
Auth SSL
with Checks in
Secure File Listing
and Secure File Transer
any help greatly appreciated.
Does this work in XBMC? I have searched and found one thread with some talk about it, but I haven't figured out if it works or not, and if it does work, how do i go about using it.

I have an FTP Server, that I can connect to in FlashFXP, I have to check AUTH SSL and Secure Transfers, and Secure File Listing. What can I do to make this work with XBMC?
on xbox it should work, but not sure what the status is on linux. you should just need to use ftps:// type url, with a appended ?auth=ssl or ?auth=tls

hey thanks for the reply, can u give me the exact syntax i should use. like does this look correct or should some part of it be in a different place

ftps://myun:[email protected]:21107/?auth=ssl

Im just not positive where to put the ?auth=ssl i think thats my only problem. Thanks
I know XBMC uses curl for all the network stuff. As curl also supports SCP/FTP over SSH, I was wondering whether it would be possible to make XBMC also support these protocols for "network locations"?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
It should work out of the box I think - try using ftps:// style URLs. I recall that there's some information on the forums already about this that a search may turn up?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSL and TLS support in XBMC's FTP client (libcurl / curl) for FTPS0