• 42(current)
New HiMedia Q5
@MoogLe Stiltkzin, the Q5 you linked to is the Chinese-branded version w/different firmware. You'll want the English version @ Futeko, Amazon or eBay, but for latter, verify with seller they'll actually send you the English version.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hopefully someone can help me as I am losing my hair trying to update this box.

Currently have 1.0.7 firmware that came with it but everything I try to upgrade doesn't work. Keeps telling me no upgrade file on the usb when I try local. I can see the file when I go under files.

I also tried the factory reset way without any luck. This is absolutely infuritating...tried zipped file and unzipped file etc.

Also if it helps I bought it from Canada Computers

Any help is appreciated
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php...93.new#new

1. Extract update.zip from the download archive to the root of a USB pen drive. (the USB pen drive should contain a single file called 'update/zip').
2. Insert the USB pen drive into any USB port of the Q5 4K3D.
3. With the Q5 4K3D turned off, use a paper clip or pen to press and hold the the pinhole restore button on the side of the Q5 4K3D (next to the USB ports).
4. While keeping the restore button pressed, turn on the Q5 4K3D.
5. The Q5 4K3D will show an Android droid logo and proceed to upgrade the firmware.
6. The box will auto-reboot when finished.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Thanks but I've tried that, I have a single extracted file on usb called update 3.0.2. Whenever I try that it does the android screen for a quick second than just loads normally
Guys, HiMedia is planning a successor to their excellent Q5 utilizing the HiSilicon 3798CV200 chipset. They've asked some of us for opinions, and below is what we've already conveyed. Did we miss anything crucial? Let me know and I'll consolidate your responses and send to them for consideration...
  • 1x usb3.0 and 1x usb2.0
  • Bluetooth
  • External player solution like Q5 is fine via Kodi (if internal Kodi videoplayer wrapper like with H8 isn’t possible), but proper framerates (especially 23.976) and HD audio passthrough are musts
  • 4K@60
  • Gigabit LAN playback of at least 128Mbps (for 4K BD rips hopefully) or better
  • 802.11 AC wi-fi
  • 16GB flash onboard storage
  • Change model # from 'Q' series to something new/fresh
  • Passive cooling, and better ventilated case than Q5
  • ‘Stop’ button on remote; backlit remote; customizable green/blue/red/yellow buttons
  • Sleep mode, not only on/off like now; also auto sleep or off timer
  • Better AC adapter, more stable current
  • Better audio DAC
  • Clock/LED dimmer support with light level; switch between clock and time playback
  • Dual (2x) HDMI output ports
My HT
Better SMB integration with Kodi or with kodi/w Himediawrapper

Everything else looks good..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
You mean not requiring password unprotected shares only?
My HT
(2015-12-31, 02:27)hdmkv Wrote: You mean not requiring password unprotected shares only?

Password or Not Password both should work flawless
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
i have add :

HDMI:
- CEC support
- fix HDMI CEC/ARC interferenze, it will not disrupt the operation of other devices support CEC/ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hisiliocn release Hi3798C V200 data sheet
http://www.hisilicon.com/engdownload/dig...20V200.rar

- Video Decoding (HiVXE 2.0 Processing Engine) new engine
- SATA 3.0 interfaces (optional) native support of SATA
- Dolby MS12 Huh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Himedia Q10 Next Gen

Quote:I noticed that the device has the Kodi logo on the specs sheet - being able to make use of the excellent HD audio support (7.1 passthrough, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD, True HD) would make the Himedia Hi3798C V200 even more attractive.

really Huh

Quote:If you're in Las Vegas bnext week for CES 2016 you can visit Himedia's booth (83231 ,Level 1, Hall G, Sands Expo) for more details and a test drive of their new Mini PC. They also packed their existing product lineup (Q5 quad, H8, Q1, Q2, Q8 and the new Himedia M6).

some guy goes to CES?

new Himedia M6 Huh
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-12-31, 01:44)hdmkv Wrote: Guys, HiMedia is planning a successor to their excellent Q5 utilizing the HiSilicon 3798CV200 chipset. They've asked some of us for opinions, and below is what we've already conveyed. Did we miss anything crucial? Let me know and I'll consolidate your responses and send to them for consideration...
  • Bluetooth
  • External player solution like Q5 is fine via Kodi (if internal Kodi videoplayer wrapper like with H8 isn’t possible), but proper framerates (especially 23.976) and HD audio passthrough are musts
  • 4K@60
  • 802.11 AC wi-fi
  • ‘Stop’ button on remote; backlit remote; customizable green/blue/red/yellow buttons
  • Better audio DAC
  • Clock/LED dimmer support with light level; switch between clock and time playback
Please also add 3d iso mvc output
(2015-12-31, 01:44)hdmkv Wrote: Guys, HiMedia is planning a successor to their excellent Q5 utilizing the HiSilicon 3798CV200 chipset. They've asked some of us for opinions, and below is what we've already conveyed. Did we miss anything crucial? Let me know and I'll consolidate your responses and send to them for consideration...
  • Bluetooth
  • 4K@60
  • 802.11 AC wi-fi
  • Better audio DAC

Shouldn't this be merged with the Himedia Q10 Next Generation thread? Or, alternatively start another thread to keep track of progress/news?
(2015-12-31, 11:35)looun Wrote: i have add :

HDMI:
- CEC support
- fix HDMI CEC/ARC interferenze, it will not disrupt the operation of other devices support CEC/ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hisiliocn release Hi3798C V200 data sheet
http://www.hisilicon.com/engdownload/dig...20V200.rar

- Video Decoding (HiVXE 2.0 Processing Engine) new engine
- SATA 3.0 interfaces (optional) native support of SATA
- Dolby MS12 Huh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Himedia Q10 Next Gen

Quote:I noticed that the device has the Kodi logo on the specs sheet - being able to make use of the excellent HD audio support (7.1 passthrough, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD, True HD) would make the Himedia Hi3798C V200 even more attractive.

really Huh

Quote:If you're in Las Vegas bnext week for CES 2016 you can visit Himedia's booth (83231 ,Level 1, Hall G, Sands Expo) for more details and a test drive of their new Mini PC. They also packed their existing product lineup (Q5 quad, H8, Q1, Q2, Q8 and the new Himedia M6).

some guy goes to CES?

new Himedia M6 Huh

I have my CES passes,but i was too late on booking a hotel room and now the room are a little bit crazy!!Sad
(2015-12-31, 15:01)pappaganush Wrote: Shouldn't this be merged with the Himedia Q10 Next Generation thread? Or, alternatively start another thread to keep track of progress/news?
We can move discussion there. But, I'm kind of baffled why HiMedia asked some of us for input as it seems they're already past the planning stage Huh.
My HT
@hdmkv - most likely the input will be used for the "Q5 Next Generation" (or whatever it would be named).
looking at the SoC specs, all items on you list are possible.

but why "Dual (2x) HDMI output ports"?
That was another person's request... I personally don't use it.
My HT
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53