How to: reprogram the NUC IR receiver to accept eventghost xbmc/plex commands
In order for Eventghost to recognize the remote signals from the Nuvotron reciever (if you're using a standard microsoft ehome remote like the Rosewill RR-126) , you'll first need to add the correct plugin in EventGhost. Open eventghost and go to "Add Plugin", then under "remote receiver" choose "Generic HID." (**most tutorials at this point say to choose the win7 ir receiver which does NOT work***) Now choose the "generic ir receiver' which is the 3rd option down from the top (any of them will work but this one works the best that i've tested so far), and uncheck the box labeled "Trigger enduring events for buttons," and check the box under it, labeled "Use raw data as event name." Click OK, and now any button press of your remote should show up as events in the leftmost window.

Once you see the commands popping up in the left window, you should be able to reprogram the buttons as needed. Hope this helps someone because it took me forever to reprogram my generic rosewill remote to work with Plex/XBMC commands.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: reprogram the NUC IR receiver to accept eventghost xbmc/plex commands0