Movie entries pointing to TV shows
Hello all,

I'm having a weird issue with XBMC. At first some of my movies were showing up as doubles. I tried to clean up the library but they remained doubled. I then noticed that one entry for a movie would play the movie and the other entry would play an entirely unrelated TV show.

Background: I have my media files on a linux server and they are exported with NFS. I mount the shares from the server to the pi to /storage/tv and /storage/movies on boot. The video sources are the local mounted directories.

I removed the movie source and cleaned the library. All the movies were removed except for the doubles that point to the TV shows.

I'm pretty sure that if I totally remove the library file (for me it's /storage/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos78.db) it would solve the problem but I'd like to preserve the watched data for my TV shows if at all possible.

Any ideas on how to remove these erroneous Movie entries?

Thanks in advance

Oh, it's openelec running on a raspberry pi. XBMC Gotham.
You´ve most likely changed the mount points or shares within XBMC at some point and the library still holds the old path/share entries. I think you have to manually edit the .db file and nuke all old entries in the path table.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-11-08, 00:29)mkortstiege Wrote: You´ve most likely changed the mount points or shares usind within XBMC at some point and the library still holds the old path/share entries. I think you have to manually edit the .db file and nuke all old entries in the path table.

Thanks for the reply. I looked into editing the DB before you replied. I found XBNE and after some troubles getting it installed (installer is in French) I was able to edit the DB and get the movies delete. I readded the source, scanned it and everything is working again. Thanks!
Glad to hear it´s working now.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie entries pointing to TV shows0