Playlist Path Issue
Question 
I'm having an issue with some M3U playlists and I'm homing somebody can help.

I currently have all my music and playlists on an SMB network share. I have Kodi 14.0-beta2 installed. It is configured to substitue a path for my playlists so I can keep my playlists in one central location on the network for all my media centers.

Code:
<substitute>
            <from>special://musicplaylists/</from>
      <to>smb://NETWORKSTORAGE/Music/playlists</to>
    </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

When visiting my library, I can can see all my playlists, but the name of each playlist is "Playlists", rather than the file name of the playlist. See screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/14QGhrwh

Clicking on one of the "Playlists" will take me to all the music in the playlist, but I cannot play any of the songs. In the logs it shows:

Code:
18:40:20 T:4596   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 31, [b]path [My Music/02 Some Nights.m4a[/b]]

It looks like the path is not complete. My M3U files are using relative paths, which I cannot change because these playlists are generated from my Synology DS Audio application.

In the M3U file it has the following for the music:
Code:
#EXTM3U
../My Music/02 Some Nights.m4a

Rather than going to the library, if I manually go to File in Kodi and then browse for the playlist on the SMB share and then try to play a song, it works without any issues.

Does anybody know how I can get the relative path of the "My Music" folder to redirect to SMB://MYSHARE/My Music so that I can use the playlists within the library rather than manually going to Files and then browsing for the playlist.

Thanks!
Hello,

Does anybody have any ideas?
I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone else is having the same problems, here's how to solve them.

Problem 1: All your M3U music playlists have the same generic name of Playlists (as shown in MustangChris04's screenshot above).

This is caused by using the musicplaylists special path in your substitution. Use the profile special path instead and all your playlist names (taken from the M3U filename) will be displayed correctly. I don't know why musicplaylists doesn't work as expected.

Using this causes all M3U music playlist names to be Playlists:
Code:
<substitute>
    <from>special://musicplaylists/</from>
    <to>smb://nas-name/path/to/playlists/</to>
</substitute>

Use this instead:
Code:
<substitute>
    <from>special://profile/playlists/music/</from>
    <to>smb://nas-name/path/to/playlists/</to>
</substitute>

Problem 2: Your M3U music playlists won't play because they contain relative paths.

This can be overcome with further path substitutions. The following will substitute the initial ../My Music/ with the correct smb share path.

Code:
<substitute>
    <from>../My Music/</from>
    <to>smb://nas-name/path/to/My Music/</to>
</substitute>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist Path Issue0