Win Something I found out - scrapers / nfo files
Hello everybody

This is something that I found out today, I apologize if this already is a known issue but I never found this solution on the internet

Kodi completely ignores local stored nfo files for video_ts folder structures when you have both video_ts.nfo and movie.nfo stored in the folder

Ive been using XBMC since around 2010, always were a happy user, no problems at all
until a couple of days ago I updated to the latest version and all of a sudden I had major problems with movie scraping;
Kodi did not pick up the local nfo files - no matter what setting I tried

For years I've been using Ember to create the nfo files, never ever had a problem with it - my settings in Ember were always exporting both files

Ive spent two days now to eventually find out that by deleting one of the two .nfo files will effectively scrape local stored information.

I thought that I was going nuts - I tried every setting - every folder setup possible
I batch deleted video_ts folders, brought them back again, batch uppercased / lowercased files, recursively scraped and non-recursive scraped movies, nothing helped

this helped

thanks, great update by the way
That's the reason why I put my files in a container (iso, mkv....) and then name the nfo-file exactly as the name of the container. I never use a DVD or BR structure in folders. Always containers
weird
I did a windows search for .nfo and deleted them all, before generating .nfo. Seems like it is better to be safe by doing this.

Also like David I name them exactly like the movie files, except for the extension.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Something I found out - scrapers / nfo files0