Bug FLAC audio encoder not working
Ack, I almost forgot about this. Thanks kib. I kept getting distracted since I have to hunt for the USB CD drive and an actual CD ;)

Tried the build kodi-20141119-0080bdb-fix_audioencoder_flac-x86_64.dmg

Ripped one track to FLAC and the resulting file will play with various players. This is a new CD that I haven't tried before, so I'll compare it to the old one.

EDIT: won't/will
I have ripped a cd into flac using current mainline on osx and it works flawless for me. (tried to play back the resulting flacs only with kodi though) ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the feedback. Very odd that this is working fine on OSX but not on Win32. Were you using OSX 32bit or 64bit? Because I noticed that with the current calculation the number of samples is higher than 2^32 so maybe that's the problem on win32.

Any chance you could try again with one of the builds from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1843313?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok - i have to take that back ... both 64 and 32bit don't work correctly. Only 2 of 5 songs where playing right in kodi - the others are broken - vlc only plays some stuttery shit - or nothing at all.. will try the testbuilds you linked now.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ah ok. I tried 3 audio CDs and couldn't get a single file to play in VLC. It only sounded like noise (but I didn't listen through the full songs).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OK @Montellese - i tried your revision 0080bdb-fix_audioencoder_flac - both on 32bit and 64bit it works fine with my test cd - all tracks are working in kodi - also in vlc. So whatever you did there - its needed for osx too imo.
@Memphiz: Thanks for taking the time and for your feedback.

Would be nice if someone on linux could try ripping an audio CD with the FLAC encoder with current master and with https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/tree/...coder_flac and report back if there are any issues with either of the two versions.
I just noticed I wrote "won't play" but I mean to say it will play. The CD I used before also results in working FLAC files. All good here.
I installed Kodi RC on Kubuntu and tried the FLAC audioencoder and all the generated files were unplayable (not even noise or anything). LAME and Vorbis encoders worked just fine. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to setup my linux build system again so I can't check my potential fix but since it can't get any worse than broken and it fixes win32 and OSX I'm gonna post it as a PR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC audio encoder not working0