Adapt NOX for portrait screen. Music features only. How much work?
Folks,

Newbie question alert. Adapt NOX for portrait screen. Music features only.

Background
Using Kodi for music player in my campervan, and have chosen NOX as the most suitable skin. In NOX, the customation allows the main menu bar to display: Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlists, Radio (tunein add-on). All other features deselected.

PC is Asus EP121 in portrait. Core i5, 1280 * 800. Custom encoder / switch interface. Girder in the background for automation and keymaps etc.

Currently, using in windowed mode (landscape aspect ratio), and all is OK. But, it only occupies a small part of the screen real estate, and the scope for longer lists and slightly larger fonts is calling. Would also love to lose the MS Windows box / title bar, etc

Feasibility
I would like to achieve the following:

1) Adapt NOX for 800 * 1280 resolution (portrait)
2) Music Library: Genre, Artist, Song, Album
3) Now playing / queue
4) TuneIn radio addon
5) Full-screen mode - no windows boxes etc

What I have assumed to date:
1) Essentially change to screen resolution and "panel size" definition i.e. longer lists.
2) No changes to scripts / components of NOX
3) Change to layout parameters edited in XML?

How much work?
1) I'm OK with technology, but would describe myself having limited scripting experience, not programming. (Hardware is my thing!)
2) I'm getting on a bit, so it's the initial few steps I struggle with - i.e. do this first, and do this...
3) I'm good with graphics (Adobe Creative Suite), but not sure what I'm seeing in terms of XML vs Panel graphics in Kodi/XBMC workflow / procedure.

I've looked around and googled, and expected some skinning tutorials on youtube (these seem limited on only how to select pre-made skins). I'm drawing a blank, hence asking for your view on feasibility.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Tony
Somerset, UK

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adapt NOX for portrait screen. Music features only. How much work?0