LastFM Support for mp3/audio playing.
hey guys, love xbmc, great work with the program, :bowdown: .
i also am a big fan of lastfm. for anyone who doesn't know, lastfm is a service/website that tracks what music you listen to and shows for others to see, as well as offering suggestions you might like based on what you've played so far. it's highly adaptable and works with most players (itunes, winamp) simply by the addition of a .dll file(plugin) that asks for your lastfm account/password and then begins keeping track of your music playing selections and displays them on your user page (that is if you have the plugin turned on, as it is with any other plugin :p ). anyway, i'm pretty sure xbmc uses mplayer for videos and i'm almost as sure it does for audio (if im wrong and its winamp then that would make things even simpler since they offer dlls for mutliple versions of winamp, i personaly use mediamonkey on my pc to play audio files and its based on winamp code, so winamp plugins are compatible with it, and i'd assume this would be true with xbmc as well, given the apropriate modifications for xbox or whatever) , i looked around and could not find any such plugin for mplayer(wich i know is meant for videos primarily, i'm not that stupid >_0 but it was worth a look) but more information can be found at http://www.audioscrobbler.net as far as code and that goes. audioscrobbler by the way is just the name of the plugin that lastfm uses. that one at least. anyone, i'd really like to see this feature added, i keep all my music on my xbox anyway, and i'm sure a lot of people do as well, allowing us to free space on our computer as well as hear our music through better speakers (provided we have a decent audio set up on our entertainment system). thanks for considering this, i'm not sure how hard or easy it would be to do, all i know is that it seems highly adaptable, and could possibly be even made as a python script(?), if anyone reading this knows how that could be done (a python script passively sending information to a website) please let me know. later xbmc team.

lol @ u.

if you had put the energy spent on doing that long post into actually using xbmc instead (or reading the fine manual), you'd realize xbmc has had last.fm support for almost a year.

Lightbulb 
:lol:
i concede i am indeed a fool. Sad

thanks for pointing that out for me though! (lastfm, not my absent mindedness)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LastFM Support for mp3/audio playing.0