Bug Kodi beta2: Movie folder scan issue with BDMV and DVD structure
Hello,

I upgraded to Kodi b2 and when doing an update scan of the video folder (I have each movie in its folder) and it added all the blurays and dvds as duplicate. This was working fine with Gotham so I investigated the problem.

What I discovered is that inside each movie folder, for bluray rips, there's a index.bdmv file and a MovieObject.bdmv file. Each of these is detected as a separate movie. So for titles already present in the database via the index.bdmv detected by Gotham, Kodi added a second movie item because it detected MovieObject.bdmv file.

The same applies for DVD structures, with .ifo files: the main file is VIDEO_TS.ifo, but Kodi also detected each VTS*.ifo file present as a separate movie, so instead of duplicating it added the same movie for each VTS*.ifo file it detected.

I think the scraper should stop scanning once it found index.bdmv or video_ts.ifo. The scraper settings (I use the Universal Movie Scraper) have not been changed since Gotham.

I temporarily solved the issue by deleting all duplicate entries had to do it one-by-one, manually, (didn't figure out how to batch delete them), then added the following to advancedsettings.xml:

PHP Code:
<excludefromscan action="append">
   <
regexp>(?i)[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
   <
regexp>(?i)movieobject\.bdmv</regexp>
   <
regexp>(?i)VTS_\w+.IFO</regexp>
   <
regexp>(?i)VTS_\w+.VOB</regexp>
</
excludefromscan

Whit these settings I exclude from scan all possible wrong entries related to Bluray and DVD structures.

Would like to know if it's intended behaviour or a bug.

Thanks. Blush
Hi Axel,

I have this exactly the same. As I scan my movies with the Moviescraper it always find a Backup\id.bdmv and a Certificate\id.bdmv in the folder structure of one of my Blurays. So thats added to the movie library as a movie. I tried your solution with the php code... but that dont help. just keeps finding those two id files. Can you help me solve this?

Kind regards in advance.
Beta 2 of what version? 15.0, 15.1, 16.0, 16.1, 17.0?
Have you guys tried to set the "movie are in seperate folders matching the movie title" option in your scraper settings? This should normally take the name of the moviefolder as a scanning item and not the files inside this folder.
(2016-03-16, 13:19)David1977 Wrote: Have you guys tried to set the "movie are in seperate folders matching the movie title" option in your scraper settings? This should normally take the name of the moviefolder as a scanning item and not the files inside this folder.

Hey David, yes i have that option on. That dont help. I also unchecked scan recusively because i red somewhere that you only need "Scan Recursively" when your media is more than one folder beneath the point where you set content. So thats also off.. but that al this effort doesn't do a thing. I have also added my settings file in de userdata folder in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata. But it does not read it i think.. or the sourcecode from axel is not working in my 15.2 Isengard Kodi version.. dont know

Somebody anymore suggestions or adjustments.. this is so annoying.. i never can use "scan for new content" because after that i always have to check the movie library for all this kind of nonsens entries. So now im adding movie artwork 1 by 1 by hand.
oja, i have this in my advancedsettings file:

<advancedsettings>

<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>(?i)[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>(?i)movieobject\.bdmv</regexp>
<regexp>(?i)VTS_\w+.IFO</regexp>
<regexp>(?i)VTS_\w+.VOB</regexp>
</excludefromscan>

</advancedsettings>

Is it oke like that?
(2016-03-16, 15:46)Freewarefreak Wrote: oja, i have this in my advancedsettings file:

<advancedsettings>

<regexp>(?i)[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>

</advancedsettings>

Is it oke like that?

No, it needs to be inside <video> tags, like this
PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <
video>
      <
excludefromscan action="append">
         <
regexp>(?i)[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
         <
         <
         <
      </
excludefromscan
   </
video>
</
advancedsettings
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Wauw, thank you Black Eagle, this did the trick! Big Grin Working! Im not a coder, i have 0 knowledge of PHP, so thanks for your understanding, cool!
(2016-03-16, 16:04)black_eagle Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 15:46)Freewarefreak Wrote:  

No, it needs to be inside <video> tags, like this
PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
<
video>
<
excludefromscan action="append">
<
<
<
<
</
excludefromscan>
</
video>
</
advancedsettings
Having a similar issue with playlist and certificate folders showing up as titles with metropolis skin.. i've added these lines to the .xml then did a clean then a new scan but they still show up.. any suggestions on what else to look for?

Thanks
Did you restart Kodi after adding the new lines?

If yes, then provide a debug log (wiki) so we can see what happens at startup.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the results and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did restart.. i think its loading it.. unsure whats going on after that.. i can provide the entire file if thats useful, but the relevant portions are as below.. when kodi runs its under another profile i call "admin", the main one.. the xml file is in the appdata roaming userdata area..

"timezonecountries" of "locale.timezonecountry"
14:48:14.636 T:3332 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezones" of "locale.timezone"
14:48:14.641 T:3332  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
14:48:14.642 T:3332  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml
14:48:14.642 T:3332  NOTICE: Contents of special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <!-- zerocache -->
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <!-- <videolibrary>
                                            <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
                                            </videolibrary> -->
                                              <videoextensions>
                                                <remove>.mpls</remove>
                                              </videoextensions>
                                              <!-- set factor to 1.5 or 20  buffermode 0 but that should be default -->
                                              <buffermode> 1 </buffermode>
                                              <memorysize>4000000000</memorysize>
                                              <readbufferfactor> 20 </readbufferfactor>
                                              <cachemembuffersize> 104857600 </cachemembuffersize>
                                              <network>
                                                <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
                                                <curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
                                              </network>
                                              <gui>
                                                <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
                                                <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
                                              </gui>
                                              <videoscanner>
                                                <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
                                              </videoscanner>
                                              <video>
                                                  <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
                                                  <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
                                                </excludefromscan>
                                                <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
                                                  <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
                                                  <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
                                                </excludetvshowsfromscan>
                                              </video>
                                            </advancedsettings>
I don't want what you think is relevant. I want the whole log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-29, 22:33)Karellen Wrote: I don't want what you think is relevant. I want the whole log
 Fair enough.. is there a way on here to attach the file (zip)? Its pretty long otherwise
Upload the log to PasteBin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and supply the link they will give you here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-29, 23:07)DarrenHill Wrote: Upload the log to PasteBin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and supply the link they will give you here.
 Nice ok.. 

Side note..

i arrange my movies like this:  (recursive and match title on)
Drive:\Movies\
then subfolders
              Action 
                     \MovieTitle 
                     etc
               SciFi
                      \MovieTitle
                      etc

Perhaps this confuses the parser

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi beta2: Movie folder scan issue with BDMV and DVD structure0