• 6(current)
Android MeLE X2000 4K Quad Core H.265 3D ISO XBMC Player
Xtreamer have something of a reputation for claiming that their products will do marvelous things but then failing to deliver the functionality. Discussions about their products can get a bit heated because some find their products okay, and it is too true that many manufacturers have been guilty of the same behaviour.

I own the old Xtreamer Prodigy - same chassis as the new one, and based on the Realtek 1186 chipset. After my personal experience with that product, I would not buy another Xtreamer product until after seeing user reviews that stated the product was delivering everything I needed it to without any problems. If you look at the hardware Xtreamer are using for the Prodigy 4k, it is based on the same chipset that the Mele X2000 (and Ziddoo X9) are using, but it appears they are also adding a DVB tuner.

I know it doesn't help make decisions, but there is another family of hardware becoming available which may prove to be worth a look, which are Baytrail windows based boxes like the Pipo X7. This is a Windows 8.1 baytrail based box available for $99. We don't know much about how it handles Kodi via Openelec yet, but there is a report over on Freaktab that it runs Kodi via Windows well.

The simple fact is that if you are looking at relatively low cost options the situation is in flux at the moment and there are a lot of products just coming to market which are likely to have their pros and cons. And at the same time, the firmware on products which are already in the market is maturing and in some cases getting better.
That company is crap; makes current Chinese companies look like Apple.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
thx guys for Your opinion about Kodi vs BOXes Smile
As far as I read posts above I have to think everything over and decide whiche one is best for me -> I will choose between VidOn or WeTek (waiting for first review).

@malcolmbarr i understand that MeLE X2000 is not worth to think of?? Smile
With the current software (no working network playback) and absolutely no support from Mele to speak of, the X2000 is a product to stay away from for now. That situation may change, eventually.
ok one more quick question Wink
Does Chromebox support DTS MA and True HD?? Smile
(2015-01-11, 22:50)TrustNoOne Wrote: ok one more quick question Wink
Does Chromebox support DTS MA and True HD?? Smile

Yes!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-01-11, 22:50)TrustNoOne Wrote: Does Chromebox support DTS MA and True HD?? Smile
Yes, under OpenELEC / Linux. If for some reason you want to run Windows on the Chromebox HDMI audio is totally non-functional.
Got one X2000 ordered on 28th of November on ebay official store. They sent it to me on the last week of December and Mele also responded me that the reason was they had some troubles with HDMI, so can't send the item till fix it.
After using it for 5 days below are my pros and cons of it:
First of all what I needed - Media player to play audio/video files from HDD connected internally or via USB. Play content from HDMI-In full screen as I wanted to connect satellite receiver to it to have one source for all. Play Blu-Ray iso and 4K content.

Technically I got all I needed. It plays all the staff I have on my HDDs. It transmits signal from HDMI-In. It plays BD iso files and 4K content. Everything I needed from the X2000 I got out of the box. I didn't have much time to play with it though.
The things I don't like or didn't find how to solve them:
1. The internal media player is very poor on controlling the video playback. Still can't find how to search for the particular place/time of the video and that's quite annoying. The search process is not obvious and concrete at all. No video speed control at all.
2. Have no idea how to disable subtitles by default in the internal player, the same with audio tracks of the video and picture size of the video. So EVERY TIME watching some film I have to start the video -> pause -> go to settings -> disable subtitles -> go to settings -> switch the audio track (language) of the video -> play the video further.
3. Still didn't get how to control the picture size of the playback. There are some options to switch between 4:3/16:9/Full size video/Original size, but with some videos I can't get the right size.
4. After switching to HDMI-In and back to the internal staff - the sound from the HDMI-In still can be heard.
I think most of the cons I mentioned can be fixed with firmware updates, but as some already mentioned here - the support is so poor that I don't know if there will be any updates. Let's wait for the Mele forum to work at least, so we could address the questions to Mele directly...
Are their forums back up yet?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Not in a form that is of any use. A virtually unpopulated shell of a forum in Chinese is now appearing.

I have emailed Mele twice in the last week asking where I can get support for this product, and have not received a reply. I have also not heard from the person who sold me the item vie ebay.

This is without doubt the worst support experience I have encountered with a product like this. Absolutely shameful.
Mele Forum is back up

http://forum.mele.cn/

I'll let you make your own minds up, as I wouldn't want to get the reputation as a "negative" poster

Regards

Rod
Mele have now released official F/W V1.0.9 for the X2000 4K box

D/L link to forum

http://forum.mele.cn/showthread.php?tid=15

I have not tried it yet but will report when I have

Regards

Rod
@up any improvement in new firmware?? Smile
I don't think 1.09 is new firmware - my box shipped with that version.
Just a quick update. I installed f/w 1.0.9 (as malcolmbarr stated it is the same version the box is shipped with) pretty straight forward straight from USB only took a couple of mins
Rebooted the box ( this seemed to take an age)
Box appears to be working fine including all the original installed apps such as XBMC etc also u3 launcher problem resolved
XBMC still using 3rd party player
Even though Mele promised to email me when f/w released this did not happen and only found it by frequent visits to their forum
Shame on you Mele
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MeLE X2000 4K Quad Core H.265 3D ISO XBMC Player0