Solved Fails to resume after suspend (Helix beta3, beta4 and beta5)
Hi,

Since beta3 I can not get my setup to resume properly. Kodi just displays a spinning Working window in the lower right corner. It goes on forever and the window does not react to any key presses or mouse clicks. To exit I have to do a brutal kill -9. Please see the attached debug-logs. Beta2 is working fine. I noticed that in beta 2 there is a "Working" message both when suspending and resuming but in beta3 and beta4 it immediately suspends without that message.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Edit: Also happening in beta5.

Edit2: I'm running Kodi in a second X screen on Ubuntu Gnome 14.04.

Edit3: With key presses above I mean the remote. The keyboard is locked to the Gnome session running at X screen :0.0 and Kodi is running on screen :0.1.

Edit4: Solved.

kodi_beta2.log
kodi_beta4.log
kodi_beta5.log
Some progress has been made. Today I compiled Kodi from git and I get same behavior as in beta2 if I revert this commit: Merge pull request #5651 from rbalint/fix-suspend. I'm still clueless why Kodi on my machine fails to resume when suspended via logind rather than upower. The suspend/resume works when issued from Gnome power menu which I suppose also uses logind. Also Kodi resumes fine using Gnomes suspend button.

Anyone got any clues?
Cool, try to give your user login1.* permissions via polkit, by e.g.:

Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesk​top.udisks.*;org.freedesktop.login1.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

[Untrusted Upgrade]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.debian.apt.upgrade-packages;org.debian.apt.update-cache
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

to: /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla (make sure to copy / paste correctly) and change the above user.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for your reply. I've tried that now and before I also tried something similar I saw in the comments regarding that commit. However it doesn't make any difference. I would have guessed that only affect the permission to issue a suspend and not really affect the wake up?

I have started fresh with an empty ~/.kodi folder and disabled all possible default addons. I can't get any clues to what Kodi is waiting for in the debug log and the gui just says "Working" indefinitely. New log: kodi_beta5_try2.log.
Thanks for reporting back, I PR an revert currently: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5826
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Confirmed working again in RC1. Thanks!
Hi,

I'v got the same symptoms with ubuntu 14.04.2 and Kodi 14.1. I don't know where is the problem.

http://pastebin.com/wJj0k1s7

EDIT : in fact, it seems to be related with the module megaraid_sas... A new thread is needed Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fails to resume after suspend (Helix beta3, beta4 and beta5)0