• 3(current)
Release Library Data Provider
The new release is throwing an exception with recommended episodes, everything else seems to work:
Code:
10:03:03 T:4568  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:03:03 T:4568   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
   - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
    Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.​py", line 567, in <module> Main()
    File "C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.​py", line 76, in __init__
         self.parse_tvshows_recommended( 'recommendedepisodes', 32010, full_liz )
    File "C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.​py", line 278, in parse_tvshows_recommended
         json_query2 = simplejson.loads(json_query2)
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
         return _default_decoder.decode(s)
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
         obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
          raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
    ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
    -->End of Python script error report<--
10:03:03 T:140   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=20150322090303
10:04:38 T:6132   ERROR: Skin includes must start with the <includes> tag
(2015-03-22, 20:30)d0wnl0rd Wrote: The new release is throwing an exception with recommended episodes, everything else seems to work:
Code:
10:03:03 T:4568  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:03:03 T:4568   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
   - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
    Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.​py", line 567, in <module> Main()
    File "C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.​py", line 76, in __init__
         self.parse_tvshows_recommended( 'recommendedepisodes', 32010, full_liz )
    File "C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.​py", line 278, in parse_tvshows_recommended
         json_query2 = simplejson.loads(json_query2)
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
         return _default_decoder.decode(s)
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
         obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
          raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
    ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
    -->End of Python script error report<--
10:03:03 T:140   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=20150322090303
10:04:38 T:6132   ERROR: Skin includes must start with the <includes> tag

Can you try editing line 277 of C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.​py which should currently be:
Code:
if json_query:
to be
Code:
if json_query2:
and see if that fixes this?

Leave the leading spaces intact on the line--the message board is munging them away for me for some reason, even with code tags.

(make a copy of the original file before you edit it)
I'm using Aeon Nox skin and after Library data provider updated and Aeon Nox updated I get script failed library data provider whenever I reboot or turn my system on.

Thanks
(2015-03-23, 06:55)AL8782 Wrote: I'm using Aeon Nox skin and after Library data provider updated and Aeon Nox updated I get script failed library data provider whenever I reboot or turn my system on.

Thanks

Can you post your Kodi.log?

My suspicion is that it's similar to the last error message.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...a-problem/ might give us more info if that's not the case. In particular, the log is usually \%AppData%\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.log and %AppData% is usually c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\, so it's usually C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.log but that link has some easier ways to find it if it isn't in the normal place.

I think there is a long-standing problem that the recent changes I made exposed; I'm really sorry for that. The change I posted might fix it, if not then posting logs per that link will be very helpful in chasing it down. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to report the problem, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Not related to the Nox skin. I'm running other boxes with dif skins including Nox. Still getting error.
Yep. My change is skin-independent for sure.
That's a strange one... Huh When I returned this morning to my machine to test SumnerH's recommended fix, the issue was gone. I am going to check it on another machine to see whether I can reproduce it. The fix itself though makes a lot of sense if I read the code correctly - applying it at least didn't break anything Wink
Please always post debug log (wiki) when reporting problems.
(2015-03-23, 10:17)d0wnl0rd Wrote: That's a strange one... Huh When I returned this morning to my machine to test SumnerH's recommended fix, the issue was gone. I am going to check it on another machine to see whether I can reproduce it. The fix itself though makes a lot of sense if I read the code correctly - applying it at least didn't break anything Wink

My guess is that the problem only shows up when you have no recommended episodes available, so if you added something to your list today then it would've been hidden even without the fix. But without fixing the code it could (and almost certainly would) reappear as soon as you watch whatever new episode(s) you've added.

Just looking at the code,the fix I posted seems like it's needed (for a problem was almost certainly exposed by my changes), but there might be something else on top of it as well. Either way we need to get it sorted. Let me know if you see other problems and post the stack traces, they're very helpful.

Sorry again for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for helping hunt this down.
(2015-03-23, 08:52)SumnerH Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 06:55)AL8782 Wrote: I'm using Aeon Nox skin and after Library data provider updated and Aeon Nox updated I get script failed library data provider whenever I reboot or turn my system on.

Thanks

Can you post your Kodi.log?

My suspicion is that it's similar to the last error message.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...a-problem/ might give us more info if that's not the case. In particular, the log is usually \%AppData%\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.log and %AppData% is usually c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\, so it's usually C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.log but that link has some easier ways to find it if it isn't in the normal place.

I think there is a long-standing problem that the recent changes I made exposed; I'm really sorry for that. The change I posted might fix it, if not then posting logs per that link will be very helpful in chasing it down. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to report the problem, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Here's the log. http://xbmclogs.com/pqldhamcp

With mediabrowser enabled I got pop up that said ( url error unable to connect to server ) and ( error in artwork rotation thread, name of server unknown )

Hope this helps

Thanks
Oh, wow. Totally my bad.

Right after line 193 of library.py, which is currently
Code:
shows = json.loads(self.json_query("VideoLibrary.GetTVShows", unplayed=True, properties=self.tvshow_properties, limit=None))
we need to add something along the lines of
Code:
if not shows.has_key('result') or not shows['result'].has_key('tvshows'):
                return None

That's totally untested, and it's really late here so I don't have time to test (returning None might be overly simplistic, but we need a guard against that case of some sort)--hopefully that's enough for BigNoid to add that fix in but I'll test and push a github fix tomorrow if needed.
having issues here as well. i was getting the script error when attempting to use the recommended episodes widget in arctic zephyr after library data provider updated so i rebooted. upon rebooting the error was gone however the information it was pulling for in progress tv shows was incorrect.
debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/
this debug log just shows library data populating and also me going into the in progress tv shows node of the library. if there's other things you would like me to test please let me know.
(2015-03-23, 16:39)furii Wrote: having issues here as well. i was getting the script error when attempting to use the recommended episodes widget in arctic zephyr after library data provider updated so i rebooted. upon rebooting the error was gone however the information it was pulling for in progress tv shows was incorrect.
in the above image grey's hasn't been watched in months yet is showing up first.
here you can see the correct list of in progress shows from videos > in progress shows. strangely the order library data provider pulls changes with each reboot. additionally library data provider is not updating the list of shows. last night we watched an episode of house of cards and the widget continued to show that episode as unwatched.

debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/p6xftc4xq
this debug log just shows library data populating and also me going into the in progress tv shows node of the library. if there's other things you would like me to test please let me know.

I just wanted to add that i'm seeing the same behaviour on my install. I've asked about it in the skin related thread, but JurialMonkey indicated that it is probably related to the data provider.
My original post:

"Just noticed a new bug, unsure if it is arctic or something else...
I use classic widget with recommended(next unwatched) episodes, until a day ago it would update after I watched an episode. however it now doesn't update at all, the order of next available episodes also appears to be random. If I restart my device it does update, but still random.
So if I completed watching episode 12 of a show it normally would show episode 13 as the most left item in the widget. Now it still shows episode 12 and after a restart it does show 13, but it is somewhere on a random position.

I hope I explained it properly"

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if it can be resolved with the debug log of furii, if not i'll upload my log aswell (not at home at the moment).
The error for me happens on every reboot. But I don't have any widgets enabled and don't have any libraries set up.
Just to chime in and say I'm seeing the same issue as furii and Smobbo (also using arctic zephyr, but can also see it happen in Mimic when testing)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Data Provider0