Bug Can´t scrape any "Movie Set Folders" anymore in Helix RC1
(2014-12-02, 03:20)clubwerks Wrote: There's absolutely no reason to have your movie sets in that folder structure. That looks like that bizarre folder structure that was required if you want to use Movie Set Artwork Automator back before you could just dump all the movie set art into a single folder. You can put movies in sets either with a media manager like MediaElch, EMM or Media Companion or you can put them in sets directly from XBMC now. That folder structure is going to cause nothing but problems.

I Understand your reasoning, but that is not the point. It did work on B5. What has changed to break compatability?

As dev for Media Companion, I see request for movies in Genre folders or by MPAA.

For myself, I have a Root movie folder, some movies are in the root folder, some are in their own folders.
Movie's in sets have a Movie Set folder, and they each movie is in their own folder.

Else, what is the point of this option when setting content?
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
The point of that setting is because some people, many people in fact, dump all of their movies into one giant folder named Movies. That is to let the scraper know you're not an animal and you actual have a proper folder structure.
Exactly . I have a proper structure
Media Companion Dev.
Do you? You're the one saying that your structure is not working. I have 950 movies, all picked up by XBMC. All my movies are in separate folder under the simple folder "Movies" (actually spread over 6 different source hard drives, all with the same structure). I have movie sets and movie set artwork without having use a non standard file structure. I'm honestly not sure why you'd set up your movies in a "movie set folder." There's just no need.

(2014-12-02, 03:20)clubwerks Wrote: There's absolutely no reason to have your movie sets in that folder structure. That looks like that bizarre folder structure that was required if you want to use Movie Set Artwork Automator back before you could just dump all the movie set art into a single folder. You can put movies in sets either with a media manager like MediaElch, EMM or Media Companion or you can put them in sets directly from XBMC now. That folder structure is going to cause nothing but problems.

And which folder structure would that be? Never mind, I just realized who was posting.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2014-12-02, 04:21)clubwerks Wrote: Do you? You're the one saying that your structure is not working. I have 950 movies, all picked up by XBMC. All my movies are in separate folder under the simple folder "Movies" (actually spread over 6 different source hard drives, all with the same structure). I have movie sets and movie set artwork without having use a non standard file structure. I'm honestly not sure why you'd set up your movies in a "movie set folder." There's just no need.

I understand you have a different scheme of your movie files and folders, and so do I. I believe there is no absolute right way, and I personally have been using my folder structure through XBMC4XBOX, Dhama, Eden, Frodo, Gotham and all Helix builds, Beta 1 ~ 5, It is RC-1 , that has failed me.

Also, as the current developer of Media Companion, I know what folder structures work, and what doesn't.

Now why is this such an issue for you? While I know there are different methods to get the same results, My point is it WORKED up till the new Helix RC-1!

So please, lets stop trying to say I'm wrong. I'm Not, and neither are You. And if you can not advise what has changed, then please, give it a rest.

So, to the Dev's. I have noticed that a library that was upgraded from Beta 5 to RC-1, still contains the movies in deep folder layers, but RC-1 will not find any new movies beyond two folders from the Root Movie Folder.
Ie: D:\Collections is the root movie folder.
D:\Collections\300\300.mkv is found
D:\Collections\300 Collection\300\300.mkv is not found.
D:\Collections\300 Collection\300 Rise of an Empire\300 Rise of an Empire.mkv is not found.
Media Companion Dev.
Yeah you're right. My structure works and yours doesn't. They're both right obviously. Yours might even be more right because you're a developer. Is that the general fall back position? You're right because you make an app?

Btw I do love your media companion. It's awesome. Kudos.
(2014-12-02, 05:36)clubwerks Wrote: Yeah you're right. My structure works and yours doesn't. They're both right obviously. Yours might even be more right because you're a developer. Is that the general fall back position? You're right because you make an app?

Btw I do love your media companion. It's awesome. Kudos.

Buddy, your not helping and starting to tick me off. Trying to be polite, but you definitely are not assisting with the issue.

The issue is, it was working correctly. Now it is not.!!

Can you help explain what the Developers have done to stop this from working?

No, so stop harassing this thread.
Media Companion Dev.
You're trying to be polite? Buddy. Thanks champ.
Rob, you're wasting your time.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
one thing I have noticed is if I am not using the orginal confluence skin with this RC 1 skin I too get these issues
@bobrap - Get the feeling this user just want to start an arguement, and doesn't see anything but their setup is right. Enough.
Still wish an Dev would give an answer.

@joncl Stock Confluence skin.
Actually Wiped Helix B5, and RC1 out of windows, and re-installed. Still same result.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
Media Companion Dev.
(2014-12-02, 05:50)bobrap Wrote: Rob, you're wasting your time.

Yeah we all get it. You're good buddies and nobody else can post anything that doesn't 100% agree with you or kiss your ass.

And I've never posted two words to you so mind your own business little lady.
(2014-12-02, 05:56)clubwerks Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 05:50)bobrap Wrote: Rob, you're wasting your time.

Yeah we all get it. You're good buddies and nobody else can post anything that doesn't 100% agree with you or kiss your ass.

And I've never posted two words to you so mind your own business little lady.

@clubwerks

I never said your wrong, I have not been rude or antagonistic, but you sure have.
Media Companion Dev.
That's really a matter of opinion. I think you've been rude as well as your friend and that's really all that matters to me not what you think about your replies. I'm done in here. You obviously have it all handled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can´t scrape any "Movie Set Folders" anymore in Helix RC10