Logitech Harmony Universial Remotes and XBMC for Xbox?
holy crap! dude I always wondered why there was a delay from the Harmony that didn't seem present on my old MS remote. Reduced the delay settings on my 360-Edition Harmony, and poof, super fast response times. Thanks for the tip, guys Smile
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:holy crap! dude I always wondered why there was a delay from the Harmony that didn't seem present on my old MS remote. Reduced the delay settings on my 360-Edition Harmony, and poof, super fast response times. Thanks for the tip, guys Smile

Awesome, so what did u exactly to do speed it up? Just set those delays to 0ms?
I use an 880 and it seems slow compared to XBox DVD remote too. What settings do I need to increase/decrease?
Please read this entire topic-thread from begining to end, you should find the answer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
k-pax Wrote:hello.
i have the euro verison of 880, my remotes name is 885. but i think its the same as the 880, only a different name. i used to have the same issues as you, it was to slow to use with xbmc/xbox.

i have changed the settings and now its working just like the orginal, maybe even better. you can try this:

set the inter-key delay to: * * 100ms
set the inter-device delay to: 200ms

set the "repeat settings" to 0 . (troubleshoot->show me moore->the device respondes to mutch)

relearn all keys/commands from the orginal remote in raw mode.

you problable dosent need this but i have <remoterepeat>0.38</remoterepeat>
in advancedsetting.xml

I have a Harmony for Xbox 360 remote (basically a model 525 with X, Y, A and B buttons) that I have programmed with the raw codes from an after market Xbox DVD remote ( has 'Vision Accessories' marked on it) and I'm still getting too many commands sent to the XBox. I have sent an e-mail to Logitech to try and find a solution to the problem, but have not heard anything back as yet. Even after trying the steps listed above I still either get 'command pause command' or 'command command pause command command'. I am trying to source an original Microsoft remote, but they are a bit thin on the ground. I'm almost positive it's a problem with the Logitech (the after market remote works just fine) , but I'm running out of idea's, can anyone suggest a solution?

Ta muchly Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
There is a special remote called media center extender for xbox.
You can choose this remote with your harmony 525 like this.
Go to devices / add device
Device-(Computer)Media Center-pc / manufacturer- microsoft / model-Xbox Media Center Extender
(next)
(next)

Customize Buttons

prev - back
ok - enter
exit - clear
# - #
Teletext Red - My tv
Teletext Green - My pictures
Teletext yellow - My videos
Teletext bleu - My music

Extra buttons

On/off - powertoggel
Media center - mediacenter
scripts - livetv
Screenshot - recordedtv

You must learn 1 button and thats the display.
Call the button display and place it with the extra buttons.

Now you need to change your keymap a little bit.
Rename these 2 commands to

<record>XBMC.RestartApp()</record>
<mytv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</mytv>

And add this (global)

<livetv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Scripts)</livetv>
<Recordedtv>Screenshot</Recordedtv>

Now you got 46 buttons with each a function.

The extra functions are. (compared to normal remote)

power off
Restart xbmc (Verry nice)
Media center (back to main menu)
My prog
My pictures
My videos
My music
Scripts
Sreenshot
settings - # - symbols
* - shift
exit

This is my device setting. These settings I also use for all activities with the xbox.

Greatings

Waffa,Poeier
Wow! Really nice. This should be in the wiki!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Excellent manual! Thank you very much!
Fellow pioneers, coders & hackers:

I have recently purchased a Harmony One remote for use with my XBMC.

Sure, flame on... $200.00 remote for a $50.00 media center. Easy Target. But it is a wife satisfaction issue. 'nuf said.

I have found a link on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._with_XBMC

But this doesn't say the whole story...

Has anyone out there set up their Harmony One to control their XBMC and are SO HAPPY with it that they want to share their tips & tricks?

Please do so here, and you will be hailed for years in the hallowed halls of this internet forum.

Thanks!

Nod
Try the setup that I made for the harmony 525.
Question 
Everything works awesome, but whenever the onscreen keyboard pops up and I select a letter to type and push OK on the harmony remote, instead of selecting the letter, it types a letter "t" (random, I know). How can I fix this? Is there a section in the keymap.xml that is directed towards the onscreen keyboard? I looked and couldn't find it.
Zebraitis... did you get your Harmony One working? I'm looking into replacing the 4 remotes I have at the mo with the Harmony?
I got sick of all the remotes and got one and I have to say it works great. The only minor problem I have with it is the lag. I put the lag don't to 0 ms between key presses, but the original xbox remote seems to send signals faster.

I highly recommend it none the less. You can setup activities (like play xbox) and make custom mappings for all your buttons (volume controlled by amp, other buttons control aspect ratio of projector, etc,.. whatever you want) .

Web interface is slow and crappy though,...
zebraitis Wrote:Fellow pioneers, coders & hackers:

Has anyone out there set up their Harmony One to control their XBMC and are SO HAPPY with it that they want to share their tips & tricks?

Please do so here, and you will be hailed for years in the hallowed halls of this internet forum.

Thanks!

Nod

same here.....ive got H1 and am setting it up as I type. Anyone got it working good?
I need to configure my harmony one better, right now i have it set as using device antec fusion but when i go to say activity watch tv then go back to xbmc i notice its always shut down. I have to edit keymap . Does anyone have the ideal harmony one setup yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Universial Remotes and XBMC for Xbox?0