MCE remote not working in Windows 8.1
Question 
Hi everyone

I've been using XBMC for a few years now on a Windows 7 machine. My MCE remote worked like a charm, using AutoHotKey/XBMCCustomregis and a custom keyboard.xml.

I recently bought an SSD for the system drive, and decided to switch to Windows 8.1 (better SSD handling). However, on a successful install I find that only a few of the buttons on the remote work in Windows 8.1 - in particular, the Green Start button doesn't work, and doesn't even register in ShowKey/EventGhost. The numbers, arrows and enter button work, but not the Green/Yellow/Red/Blue buttons, and the power button can't be given a custom assignment - no matter what it gets mapped to, it always puts the computer to sleep.

Other users have had success by uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft eHome Infrared driver, plugging the receiver into a new USB port, etc. - but none of these seem to work for me. Booting off my old Windows 7 hard drive reveals that the remote still works 100% there, so this isn't a hardware issue.

Presumably it's the way Windows 8.1 is handling the hardware, or a driver issue? Anyone have much luck on Win 8.1?

Tried with the latest version of AutoHotKey/XMBC/Kodi on an up-to-date Windows 8.1 install.
Try the mce remote mapper tool listed in my signature. Run it as admin, make necessary changes and reboot. It may help.
(2014-12-09, 13:24)baijuxavior Wrote: Try the mce remote mapper tool listed in my signature. Run it as admin, make necessary changes and reboot. It may help.

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. It works like an absolute charm! Thanks!

Spent an hour or so figuring out which keys mapped to which of the more obscure buttons on my remote (I have one of those smaller HP MCE remotes), but eventually got everything mapped the way I like.

One thing though is getting the Green Start button to open XBMC - I find I have to keep AutoHotKey and the XBMCustomRegis script running if I want to map a key to say, open a program - would have been nice to do away with AutoHotKey completely, given how simple and straight-forward the Advanced MCE Remote Mapper app is.

Any way to map the Green Start button to open XBMC without AutoHotKey?

Thanks Smile
Create a short cut to Kodi then on the shortcut properties enter the key combination as appopriate, eg what is show in the mapper tool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote not working in Windows 8.10