ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805
wrxtasy,

Yeah, I noticed that the skipped frames didn't necessarily match what I saw onscreen. However, the playback is far from the smoothness I'm used to with openelec. There are quite a lot of what appear like dropped frames (rather than skipped) although this isn't reflected in the codec info. I get a couple per minute but there not every x seconds, and appear to be random. Also, there appears to be a lot more micro judder on panning than I'm used to - I'm running 2 other openelec boxes, one low end Intel G series Pentium with NVidia 210, the other an AMD e-350 APU. Playback doesn't meet the standards of either at the moment, but it is early days!

I'm expecting a samsung 16gb UHS-1 card through the post to compare performance with Android. I'm only using a class 4 4gb Kingston so not sure whether the speed hit on the card may impact performance, I doubt it, as I would've thought that would only effect boot times.

I just want to add that I'm really grateful of the work you're putting into supplying the community with builds. Will keep testing new builds and providing feedback on performance etc.

Cheers

Rob

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805 - by robbo430 - 2015-08-19, 19:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S8051