ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805
Thanks for the info on overclock

(2016-01-23, 20:14)DEcosse Wrote: .... I'll report on fit in the FLIRC case later today - the one thing I hadn't thought about is the C1+ heatsink vs the pedestal in the FLIRC case, so will make some observations on that.

So I installed the C1+ into the Flirc case - here are the observations/compromises:
1: As previously discussed, the 2.5mm Power Jack is not aligned - if this was required, the hole for the Pi2 Audio would have to be elongated; using the micro USB OTG is simple alternative with no mod required.
2. USB, USB Micro OTG and HDMI all align perfectly; the Ethernet does align, although note it is inverted (no mod was actually required in a test fit of ethernet connector, but if desired a small relief could be notched at the top of the opening)
3. There is no opening for the IR Receiver - a hole could easily be drilled in the Aluminum case if this was required.
4. The SD Card is not accessible from outside, cover must be removed to access (not huge ordeal for something that should be infrequent in a constant application)
5. A small mod is required to the ribs on the inside of the cover-base; this is to clear the (otherwise) interference of the SD Card socket and the header pins. Some quick surgery with a utility knife addressed that.
6. There is a pedestal inside the case which connects to the Pi2 Processor for a heatsink (the whole case becomes one big heatsink); the C1+ processor does not quite align with this pedestal - approx one third of the processor contacts the pedestal via the heatsink pad, along with a small section of each memory chip. So contact area is not ideal, however it does actually make contact. The OEM C1+ heatsink cannot be used (unless the pedestal of the FLIRC case was completely removed (would require machining).
With the application at hand, I don't believe the compromise on the heatsink contact area should be a concern. (I will do some temperature monitoring to check)

In summary, if you don't mind some relatively minor mods, this is a decent looking low-cost option (~ $15 shipped) for use as an HTPC enclosure.
The only physical mod I actually did was relieving the plastic rib sections on the base - I use the micro USB OTG supply and do not use the IR receiver.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805 - by DEcosse - 2016-01-24, 03:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S8051