Random pausing
This is a really annoying problem.
Last week I had windows XBMC the one before Gotham (eden I think) version. For a long time it had run with no issues, I decided to do a little clean up, and upgraded to the new Gotham version.
Since then I had issues, random issues where the video would pause for ten seconds or so, and other times a local video would buffer for an age, and I was unable to find anyone with similar fualts, or where the possible solution would work.
I decided I would try Linux instead
I wiped, and installed the Live CD, seemed to go well, no issues at all, however I then found that of the 4 x 2TB external US drives, the Seagate one would not work, I fiddle arsed around for a while and then decided stuff it, and I purchased a new windows 7 with legal license key.
Installed windows 7, did updates, all new drivers, and a nice new clean build
Installed XBMC
Added all videos, TV etc etc
And now Im getting the same issue I had before. I thought it was a windows issue, but since I am now using a new clean windows, I think its Gotham thats the fault. Random pausing, sometimes for ten seconds other times its just stuck, and some times I see the buffering, yet the video is local.
All drives (Etc) are configured as NTFS.

Has anyone had this issue, and is there a solution for it
Link: Windows - HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
what about your hardware?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random pausing0