OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-05, 10:20)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 09:57)slack3r Wrote: Thanks, it works.

Also, don't forget you may need to bump over_voltage_sdram when overclocking, particularly when increasing core frequency which may end up driving the SDRAM a bit harder (at least on the Pi1, possibly not so much on the Pi2).

(2015-02-05, 10:09)tvjon Wrote: Thank you for posting that, as I've no joy with the (correct, 501) Pi2 image so far, not getting beyond the 4 colour screen.

However, I suggest if anyone finds this update method doesn't progress beyond the initial rainbow, check the existing overclock settings in config.txt, & edit or remove them, otherwise the result may be ARM register dumps for one or more cores, & frame pointer errors, etc. (I edited cmdline.txt to remove "quiet" so I could see boot progress)

It's working fine now thanks.

Thanks, yes, it's worth noting that a Pi1 overclock isn't guaranteed to work on a Pi2 (and vice versa). I'll mention that in the first post where I've added a migration section.

I was a bit worried actually about any consequences of the rather higher overvolt settings for core & sdram, than those suggested for Pi2! However, Raspbian stills boots & appears to work fine, as well as Kodi. It's reassuring, because, for example, as a Raspbian SD image (made for Pi2) works fine in B, B+, & of course, Pi2, it's easy to inadvertently insert a SD card with inappropriate overvolt settings into any RPi. If kodi eventually has dual Arch kernels, the same scenario would apply.

I see you've already updated Post 1; a very comprehensive post, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by tvjon - 2015-02-05, 11:34
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112