• 42(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-13, 20:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 14:56)gthompson20 Wrote: It's a RPi2, so none of your builds have worked... I can't test a Rpi1 build on a 2 can I?

Greg

No sadly you can't.

This is probably something that needs to be flagged up with the relevant maintainer - I wonder if it's anything like the PVR problem that is now (hopefully) fixed in the next test build. I'll upload a debug build later this evening, you could test that and capture a more detailed crashlog which might prove beneficial in terms of working towards a fix.

Millhouse,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.. it Appears build 0212 fixed it.

Thanks!
Glad it's fixed, though I've no idea why... Smile

#0212 is definitely the first working build, and not #0213? I would have expected it to be #0213, as I can't really see what the fix could be in #0212 unless it's the C++11 change.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-17, 14:52)da-anda Wrote: It seems like the tvheadend PVR client is causing a crash/segfault or whatever which results in Kodi being stuck at splash screen. Once I disabled PVRmanager in guisettings.xml it booted just fine again.

@popcornmix - monoscopic 3D playback still doesn't work - so it was not related to my PR but seems to be another issue.

same happened to me this morning: frozen spalsh screen, downgraded to the 215 build and no problem
(2015-02-17, 15:09)Milhouse Wrote: Glad it's fixed, though I've no idea why... Smile

#0212 is definitely the first working build, and not #0213? I would have expected it to be #0213, as I can't really see what the fix could be in #0212 unless it's the C++11 change.

I will double check which build I am running, but I am using the Windows Media Center PVR Plugin, so I don't think it was related to the PVR.Myth stuff... LiveTV worked fine, and I could pull up the channels, it was just going to the EPG that cause the seg fault... Weird I know...

Greg
(2015-02-17, 15:15)galopogos Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 14:52)da-anda Wrote: It seems like the tvheadend PVR client is causing a crash/segfault or whatever which results in Kodi being stuck at splash screen. Once I disabled PVRmanager in guisettings.xml it booted just fine again.

@popcornmix - monoscopic 3D playback still doesn't work - so it was not related to my PR but seems to be another issue.

same happened to me this morning: frozen spalsh screen, downgraded to the 215 build and no problem

There's PR6464 which will be in tonight's build - hopefully that will fix it. If not, I'll freeze the last stableworking kodi-pvr-addons (65fe75d2, from #0215) until there is sign of a fix.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Apart from this, I have noticed another problem when using DVDPlayer - on unpause I frequently get a microstuttering. I can provide a debug log if needed, however I have tested this with multiple videos, all Matroska files with a H.264 video and an AC3 audio stream (most stereo, some 5.1), some DTS.
OMXPlayer doesn't show this issue.

Also, nitpicking... The log always shows 2 channels when the audio is passed through. This is a 5.1 stream and CodecInfo reports "5.1(side)" correctly, but the log shows:
Code:
05:05:57 55749.093750 T:1552938048  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86019, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, pass-through)
(2015-02-16, 15:10)menakite Wrote: I'm using the Amber skin, it shows the plot in an autoscrolling textbox when pressing "i" while playing.
With default rbp2 settings (limit GUI fps to 10, OMXPlayer disabled) that textbox is scrolling so fast that you can't read it. Disabling the GUI fps limiter (setting it to "Off") "slows" it down to normal speed.
OMXPlayer doesn't show this issue (in fact I had it set to 10 already).
I guess it's the issue you were discussing in PR 6090 and you haven't found a proper solution yet.

With Aeon Nox 5 I'd noticed the filename scrolls faster following PR5090 (when gui limit is enabled) and did mention that to to FernetMenta.
No solution yet. Possibly contributes to the small performance hit we've had since then (unfortunately the performance hit is small and results aren't very repeatable so it's hard to pin down).
(2015-02-17, 17:08)menakite Wrote: Apart from this, I have noticed another problem when using DVDPlayer - on unpause I frequently get a microstuttering.

Are you talking about a temporary or permanent issue after unpause?
(2015-02-15, 17:02)Dinos52 Wrote: Hi,
is it possible to switch off the red LED when the Pi2 is off or is it hard coded?

Try:
Code:
echo gpio > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger
(2015-02-17, 17:23)popcornmix Wrote: Are you talking about a temporary or permanent issue after unpause?
Temporary, lasts less than a second. I have noticed this behavior because I was literally in front of the TV.
(2015-02-17, 17:47)menakite Wrote: Temporary, lasts less than a second. I have noticed this behavior because I was literally in front of the TV.

There is always a period of stuttering at start of playback with dvdplayer. This is due to dvdplayer starting from empty.
The queue of decoded audio and video frames is empty and we are both draining and filling this queue.
Once these queues are full, playback can tolerate some jitter in processing without missing anything - but you have no margin from start.
The slower the processor, the longer it takes to get to a safe level of data queued up (so Pi1 is worse that Pi2, which is worse than a PC).

omxplayer has a pre-roll period of 200ms allowing decoded audio and video queues to fill up before playback starts and doesn't have this issue.
I feel dvdplayer could benefit from something like this.

There is also an issue with dvdplayer where audio and video start with a random offset (typically about 50ms) that needs fixing with resampling audio, or clock adjustment.
Depending on the audio/video clock and sync method this may be visible as micro-stutters.
(2015-02-17, 17:58)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 17:47)menakite Wrote: Temporary, lasts less than a second. I have noticed this behavior because I was literally in front of the TV.

There is always a period of stuttering at start of playback with dvdplayer. This is due to dvdplayer starting from empty.
The queue of decoded audio and video frames is empty and we are both draining and filling this queue.
Once these queues are full, playback can tolerate some jitter in processing without missing anything - but you have no margin from start.
The slower the processor, the longer it takes to get to a safe level of data queued up (so Pi1 is worse that Pi2, which is worse than a PC).

omxplayer has a pre-roll period of 200ms allowing decoded audio and video queues to fill up before playback starts and doesn't have this issue.
I feel dvdplayer could benefit from something like this.

There is also an issue with dvdplayer where audio and video start with a random offset (typically about 50ms) that needs fixing with resampling audio, or clock adjustment.
Depending on the audio/video clock and sync method this may be visible as micro-stutters.

I've been having these issues as well and sometimes when I rewind with dvdplayer the audio becomes out of sync and with an higher pitch (maybe it's the speed of the audio that becomes higher) and the only solution to fix it is to stop the video and load it again.
On Pi 2 is anyone having problems setting and then saving/storing Openelec DNS server settings under DHCP and/or manual IP with either the standard openelec 5.0.3 and or Milhouse builds. I currently installed Milhouse build #0216 before trying to store DNS settings under DHCP and noticing that nothing is being stored?

Here is debug Log

I noticed and posted comment in this thread yesterday on openelec forum, and could post my debug log in the openelec thread if its more apporiate as problem may be coming from standard build?

I have no DNS modify settings and save issues with either 5.0.3 or Milhouse builds on Pi 1 B

-----edit-----

After checking on freenode #openelec it seems that Setting of DNS servers when connecting via DHCP has been removed and can only now be set when using a manual fixed IP. (Like a beginner I did not realise that you switch from DHCP to manual under the ip4 or ip6 options, then set DNS under connections option)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2015-02-17, 14:21)illiac4 Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 14:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 08:24)illiac4 Wrote: From version 20272 to build 20281 something must be changed since LiveTV when not in full screen starts to jitter (runs not fluent, it runs but stops every few seconds and then runs
and again stops and so on) every few seconds. I have also noted that the sound can get corrupted from this build on LiveTV. At first i thought it is network but then i have started to find the builds where this has started and the result is that it was not present
in build 20272 but has started with build 20281 and the same behavior is still present in latest build.

I've found the useful build number - #0215 is the first bad one. There are a few candidates:
Quote:Update ffmpeg to 2.5.4
Updated kodi-pvr-addons
RPi2: Disable omxplayer by default

First, @illiac4 if omxplayer is not enabled in video/acceleration settings, can you enable it and report if that helps (with latest build).
If it's not that, then we may need a build with kodi-pvr-addons or ffmpeg reverted (I would have thought pvr addons are the more likely candidate).

Right in debug log there is Build #0215 wich shows those errors and Build #0214 is good one. Will test with omxplayer and will report back.

Enabling back omxplayer on RPi2 stopped the problems with LiveTV.
Hi,

After reading your posts for quite a while, I finally decided to register and join the forum.
I want to thank all developers for their hard work.

I'm having the same experience as illiac4. Enabling omxplayer (build #0215) also fixed my pvr problems. I'm using the VU+ pvr add-on though.

Build #0216 does not work for me either. The system just hangs at the splash screen. I'll try the fix mentioned earlier.

EDIT: the fix did work with files from the #0214 build).
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112