OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
I'm having pretty good success with #308b and live TV coming from WMC with a hauppauge 950Q. I noticed that omxplayer was disabled by default. I have to say that reenabling omxplayer gives me a smoother playback on live TV (HD channels). Audio sync is good on HD channels that are strong, but I still have problems with MeTV streams, but that's likely to be on my end it seems.

I can't play any recorded programs though. It doesn't appear that it's even trying to attach to my WMC box based upon the Kodi log and the windos logs. I select a recording group and nothing happens. All the guide data and recording lists transfer just fine using ServerWMC on the WMC computer, but when I try to pick a group of recordings, nothing happens at all other than the woosh sound. No spinning "working" thingy, nothing. I can't even see the lists of individual shows of a series. It just sits there doing nothing, but remains completely responsive. Since it's such a massive failure, I assume it to be a tiny bug somewhere. Smile

I don't have a Wins server, but I tried changing the Workgroup from WORKGROUP to the one that I use here at home and it caused an apparent lockup (of just the GUI) when I finished entering the new workgroup and Kodi tried to restart Samba. The top command showed CPU at 25% (Pi 2 one core maxed out) and I had to reboot via a SSH connection. Even though the gui shows the correct workgroup (N5QMG) after a reboot, I still see this in the nmbd.log file:
Code:
[1969/12/31 18:00:06,  0] /home/neil/projects/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-devel/samba-3.6.25/source3/nmbd/nmbd.c:861(nmbd_main)
  nmbd version 3.6.25 started.
  Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2011
[1969/12/31 18:00:06,  0] /home/neil/projects/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-devel/samba-3.6.25/source3/nmbd/nmbd.c:889(nmbd_main)
  standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option
[1969/12/31 18:00:06,  0] /home/neil/projects/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-devel/samba-3.6.25/source3/nmbd/nmbd_subnetdb.c:250(create_subnets)
  create_subnets: No local IPv4 non-loopback interfaces !
[1969/12/31 18:00:06,  0] /home/neil/projects/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-devel/samba-3.6.25/source3/nmbd/nmbd_subnetdb.c:251(create_subnets)
  create_subnets: Waiting for an interface to appear ...
[2015/03/09 11:05:25,  0] /home/neil/projects/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-devel/samba-3.6.25/source3/nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:397(become_local_master_stage2)

Samba name server OPENELEC is now a local master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet 192.168.2.25

I don't know for absolute certain, but I think I have to have the proper workgroup entered or WMC wont allow the anonymous connection to the recorded TV library. That seemed to be my experience in the past when I was struggling with Kodi on the Firestick TV.

I don't know if this is important, but it was in the kodi log file.
Code:
11:05:01  11.628879 T:1856644160   ERROR: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Using ServerWMC MAC address from custom addondata '14:DA:E9:06:3B:9C'

Oh, by the way, I use an IP address in ServerWMC to point to the WMC machine instead of it's actual "name" since I don't have WINS. That has worked ok so far, so I hope that's not the problem. I guess I could set up WINS if I need to. I also hardcode that same IP address in the PVR WMC Client addon and that seems to be working OK since I get the EPG info and list of recordings transferred to the Pi 2.

I hope this helps. This is not criticism, I'm just trying to provide some feedback in hopes that it helps you with your development. I really appreciate all the hard work you (and the rest of the team) do.

Messages In This Thread
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by afremont - 2015-03-09, 20:07
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112